Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:05 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,554,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
It does not justify shooting him. Meanwhile, other drivers in the state that seriously put others in jeopardy with reckless driving, DUI's or causing a major collision get cited, but continue to live. Please get some perspective.
Are people truly this clueless? Those factors DO justify pulling him over to see if, perhaps, he is obeying the law this one time and has current insurance, a license and registration. Like they do those of every race. Only a complete idiot would say he was shot for any of those reasons. He had a gun. Only the most delusional seem to have an issue with that. The question is was it pulled or did he handle the firearm in any way that would pose a threat to the officer? That is what I have an issue with-and have seen nothing one way or the other about.

The claim had been made that he had a carry permit. I question that. In most areas, serious driving infractions such as driving with no insurance, license or registration would result in your permit being pulled. Which, as a 2nd amendment supporter, I have some concern about. From one standpoint, if you're not even responsible enough to drive legally you probably shouldn't have a carry permit.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're in Idaho. I don't need statistic sheets to tell me that uninsured jalopys are all over the road given your state's poverty.

So where are all the dead Idahoans that get pulled over?

And before you deny how poor your state is:
https://stateimpact.npr.org/idaho/20...boring-states/
Oh, perhaps they are smart enough not to pull guns on cops. Funny how doing so has a habit of getting you to assume ambient temperature-regardless of your race.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are people truly this clueless? Those factors DO justify pulling him over to see if, perhaps, he is obeying the law this one time and has current insurance, a license and registration. Like they do those of every race. Only a complete idiot would say he was shot for any of those reasons. He had a gun. Only the most delusional seem to have an issue with that. The question is was it pulled or did he handle the firearm in any way that would pose a threat to the officer? That is what I have an issue with-and have seen nothing one way or the other about.

The claim had been made that he had a carry permit. I question that. In most areas, serious driving infractions such as driving with no insurance, license or registration would result in your permit being pulled. Which, as a 2nd amendment supporter, I have some concern about. From one standpoint, if you're not even responsible enough to drive legally you probably shouldn't have a carry permit.
Of course you question it. But if he had no permit, that would be public by now. The first thing that happens when a black man is shot is the race by folks like yourself to see if he's ever spit on the ground.

Now you've found out that he had traffic violations...and you're already using that to turn him into Huey Newton.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Of course you question it. But if he had no permit, that would be public by now. The first thing that happens when a black man is shot is the race by folks like yourself to see if he's ever spit on the ground.

Now you've found out that he had traffic violations...and you're already using that to turn him into Huey Newton.
I question it because I would lose MY permit if I did the same things he did. My "white privilege" I guess. But hey, since he's a special, protected class, the rules aren't expected to apply to him.

Not sure what Newton has to do with this. Did he pull a gun on a cop?

Old 09-22-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Oh, perhaps they are smart enough not to pull guns on cops. Funny how doing so has a habit of getting you to assume ambient temperature-regardless of your race.
Who said that he pointed a gun at the cop? Furthermore, gimme evidence that he was a violent criminal.

Again, in your state, there must be DOZENS of incidents of methheads on welfare getting pulled over with no licence or registration or insurance with a firearm in the vehicle.

Where are the dead Idahoans at?

Old 09-22-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I question it because I would lose MY permit if I did the same things he did. My "white privilege" I guess. But hey, since he's a special, protected class, the rules aren't expected to apply to him.

Not sure what Newton has to do with this. Did he pull a gun on a cop?
If he was in a protected class, where was his protection when your hero cop shot him?

Old 09-22-2016, 12:20 AM

Well, we have some of the lowest welfare payments and enrollment rates in the country, as well as one of the lowest unemployment rates, so I expect the numbers are low. And even then-most people here aren't dumb enough to threaten cops with a gun. If they did, I strongly expect they would see the same result.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
If he was in a protected class, where was his protection when your hero cop shot him?
Maybe that cop didn't get the message that because he was black he wasn't to be stopped or ticketed when he committed crimes. Training problem perhaps?

As I said earlier-I want to know more. Did he act appropriately as a concealed carrier when stopped by a law enforcement officer? Did the cop screw the pooch? It's still a valid question, and one I haven't seen an answer to.

Saying he was shot for a no insurance, or was only stopped and shot for "driving while black" is just frickin' ignorant.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:44 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,206,843 times
Quote:
Maybe that cop didn't get the message that because he was black he wasn't to be stopped or ticketed when he committed crimes. Training problem perhaps?

As I said earlier-I want to know more. Did he act appropriately as a concealed carrier when stopped by a law enforcement officer? Did the cop screw the pooch? It's still a valid question, and one I haven't seen an answer to.

Saying he was shot for a no insurance, or was only stopped and shot for "driving while black" is just frickin' ignorant.
We do know that Castile informed Yanez there was a gun in the vehicle as a courtesy to the officer. Ironically, to prevent this from happening. There is no evidence that he pointed the gun at the officer, and keep in mind he had his girlfriend and her four year old daughter in the car.

It is certainly not ignorant to understand that an inexperienced officer, who pulled over a young black driver for a traffic infraction and was also looking for a suspect in a convenience store robbery, could have done this in a moment of panic. I certainly do not believe it was first degree homicide. Hopefully, all the information will be provided soon.

I thought the investigation would be finished by now. The incident occurred on July 6. It is highly likely that Falcon Heights will be using a different law enforcement agency next year regardless of that result.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Well, we have some of the lowest welfare payments and enrollment rates in the country, as well as one of the lowest unemployment rates, so I expect the numbers are low. And even then-most people here aren't dumb enough to threaten cops with a gun. If they did, I strongly expect they would see the same result.
Please...the number isn't low. One in every three Idahoans can barely afford the basics, so I know half of y'all are driving without credentials.

But no one is dying. I wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies