Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 05:17 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Just more "feel god" legislation which only makes things WORSE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 05:19 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
But it is a "gun free zone." How did the killer bring a gun in?? Didn't he read the signs?
Most of them dropped out of high school and CAN'T read. That is why they have pictures of a gun with a red X through it!

Old 05-29-2019, 05:22 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
There are "Mass Shootings" in nearly every inner city being committed by Blacks on other Blacks, yet the Media, nor Democrats seem to care because it doesn't fit their agenda to disarm only the law abiding citizens. Chicago, Philly, Baltimore, L.A., Atlanta, Miami, etc. Nobody cares about that do they?

Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There are "Mass Shootings" in nearly every inner city being committed by Blacks on other Blacks, yet the Media, nor Democrats seem to care because it doesn't fit their agenda to disarm only the law abiding citizens. Chicago, Philly, Baltimore, L.A., Atlanta, Miami, etc. Nobody cares about that do they?
Yes, I totally agree, the only school shootings we will see on the media, are mainly in white, fairly affluent districts.

I dont think anyone is shocked by this though, I mean, whenever a non-white child goes missing or worse, is abducted, there is rarely any coverage or attention paid to it...on the other hand, if a white child goes missing, they put the descriptions up on expressway traffic signs, all over local and national media, if its white female...OH MY, the intensity ramps up drastically!

Old 05-29-2019, 10:01 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You are comparing two unlikely things. Having a gun in a spree shooting scenario requires additional agency, something not needed with a seat belt. We know from studies done during war time that plenty of soldiers are unwilling or mentally unable to kill the enemy in battle. Just because the man next to you in the theater is carrying doesn't mean he will be of any use if a spree shooter shows up. Worse yet, you run the additional risk of being shot in a crossfire.

Also, having numerous people carrying arms in a spree shooting scenario creates some serious problems. Will each person at the scene who is carrying be certain exactly who the spree shooter is? or will they end up accidentally kill each other instead? What happens when the police arrive and there are several different people firing back and forth at each other. How they are they suppose to know who the real threat is? Etc, etc, etc.
True, simply having a firearm doesn't guarantee that it will be utilized or that it's utilization will be effective. The broader question though isn't whether having a firearm will magically "solve" all the issues at hand, the question is whether or not it decreases potential death tolls overall and it's understood that there will inevitably be specific situations where it does not (or possibly even increase it).

Old 05-29-2019, 10:46 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, I totally agree, the only school shootings we will see on the media, are mainly in white, fairly affluent districts.

I dont think anyone is shocked by this though, I mean, whenever a non-white child goes missing or worse, is abducted, there is rarely any coverage or attention paid to it...on the other hand, if a white child goes missing, they put the descriptions up on expressway traffic signs, all over local and national media, if its white female...OH MY, the intensity ramps up drastically!
The CDC lists "child" gun deaths for anyone through age 23. That way they can add in the gang killings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies