Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 10:08 AM

952 posts, read 518,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It's amusing that you think it's ok. What if it were Clinton signs? Dear.

You don't know what "juice" means. As I said, get out more.
It doesn't matter whose sign is there.

Putting it out 8 times and expecting a different result is insane, and local resources should not be spent to conduct surveillance on your unoccupied property to 'protect' you right to be stupid. I don't care what the sign says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 11:04 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Loved the masked woman stealing the Trump sign. One guy had 12 signs stolen. At least one young woman was so distressed about caught on video that she turned herself in. The sign owner, of course, declined to press charges. One woman almost ran over the homeowner who caught her vandalizing his sign. Craziness in this election, just craziness.

She Vandalized A "Hispanics For Trump" Sign - Then Did Something Even Crazier

Why are Donald Trump's signs being stolen? - CNN Video

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...-massachusetts

It is not unusual lately for middle aged women to be the vandals. I have not met an oddly angrier group of people - a woman with a clipboard came up to my house and started yelling about something and I just closed the door, another was arrested for illegally putting up traffic signs and cones in a subdivision, and another for spray painting the street. I don't think the root of this is really politics but unhappiness in general, as a middle aged woman myself I can write on blogs or join action groups, but I cannot see acting like a rebellious teen or screaming at strangers or shunning people to be effective activism, more like immaturity or mental issues. My friends wife will not join us at a group dinner because some of the group are conservative - that is bad too, she cant even be at the same table. I'm sad for people like this but that is their choice.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:16 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
What I find fascinating is that someone SUPPOSEDLY lets this happen 8 times and expects city or county resources to protect his unoccupied property while he puts another sign out, and how many think this is a good use of their tax dollars.

Get over yourselves. It isn't always about you and your rights. Sometimes it's about outright stupidity.
There is nothing in the Constitution that defends stupid.
There is something in the Constitution that protects private property.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:41 AM

952 posts, read 518,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
There is something in the Constitution that protects private property.
Then he should do what HE can to protect his property. For example, if sign stealing is a problem that you have had 8 times, go out and take the sign in at night or when the property is unoccupied. Put it out when you can be there to watch it.

That would be the first sensible line of defense, rather than expecting local law enforcement to guard your property while you behave carelessly and stupidly, drawing those abominable, property destroying liberals that are running amuck in this rural area.

Two things:

1. God helps those that help themselves.
2. You can't fix stupid.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:18 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Then he should do what HE can to protect his property. For example, if sign stealing is a problem that you have had 8 times, go out and take the sign in at night or when the property is unoccupied. Put it out when you can be there to watch it.

That would be the first sensible line of defense, rather than expecting local law enforcement to guard your property while you behave carelessly and stupidly, drawing those abominable, property destroying liberals that are running amuck in this rural area.

Two things:

1. God helps those that help themselves.
2. You can't fix stupid.

He helps them by letting them hunt and use his property and they help him. He can put up whatever signs he wants on his property. He can get whatever help is available to stop the illegal behavior against his property. Why would police not want to catch the jerks who repeatedly trespass and violate the law in their community. Do you not know at all how small towns work? People look out for each other, there may not be much crime and they want to know who is causing any problems. It is not OPs fault people are vandalizing. Using that mentality if your house is burglarized its your fault for having things people want to steal.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:45 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He helps them by letting them hunt and use his property and they help him. He can put up whatever signs he wants on his property. He can get whatever help is available to stop the illegal behavior against his property. Why would police not want to catch the jerks who repeatedly trespass and violate the law in their community. Do you not know at all how small towns work? People look out for each other, there may not be much crime and they want to know who is causing any problems. It is not OPs fault people are vandalizing. Using that mentality if your house is burglarized its your fault for having things people want to steal.
They're not trespassing if it's someone who the OP admitted to allowing on his property. So there goes that theory. Then again, this is a work of fiction.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
They're not trespassing if it's someone who the OP admitted to allowing on his property. So there goes that theory. Then again, this is a work of fiction.
While I agree with most of what you're saying in this thread, inviting someone into your home or onto your property one, or even a handful of times doesn't make them welcome in perpetuity.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:36 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
interesting.

so anyone you've ever allowed to enter your house or apartment is welcome to come there any time, no matter what.

seems odd.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
interesting.

so anyone you've ever allowed to enter your house or apartment is welcome to come there any time, no matter what.

seems odd.
Maybe you should go ahead & read the OP before posting. Thanks.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:59 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Maybe you should go ahead & read the OP before posting. Thanks.
read it two days ago, thanks for the tip. you may now continue with your evasionary tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies