Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 10:37 PM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No, 56% doesn't admit to owning them when some anonymous poll taker calls and asks them about it. That's FAR different from "56% of the country does not own them". No one trusts the government, especially with Democrats at the top, they certainly aren't likely to admit to owning something liberals constantly push to ban.
Plus, for all they know it could be someone pretending to be doing an official poll as a way to case out who has guns to steal later.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
There is a sign you can buy at gun shows. I am a gun collector, I have lots of guns. My neighbor next door, however doesn't believe in guns.
\

This one!

Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Surprise: Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes | Washington Examiner

As there is an increasingly obvious effort to restrict and ultimately abolish the second amendment, I certainly think we'll see more and more people arming themselves on the fear that they will not be able to do so in the near future. That's not even considering the increasing criminal element in many major cities, where people feel the need to arm up to defend themselves.
I have no problem with gun ownership. I find it ironic that those with guns are fearful and those that don't own them are not

Old 08-29-2016, 05:23 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,274,358 times
I don't argue anymore. There's no discussion with the anti-gun people. I just come to read the name-calling and creative adjectives used to describe gun owners. Couple new ones in this thread, along with all the old tired ones. You guys are missing "penis envy" for females like me. Someone better get that one in quick.

As for polls, who are the people that answer those? Seriously. I hang up.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have no problem with gun ownership. I find it ironic that those with guns are fearful and those that don't own them are not
Actually, you have it backwards. Those with them are fine and those without are in fear of guns. Want proof? It's the ones without that are try to restrict the guns they are afraid of.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:19 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Conversely, 56% of the country does not own them.
Not so fast, based on gun sales the 44% figure is anemic and inconsistent with previous propaganda reports from liberals news media that told us gun ownership is dramatically dropping.

The numbers are a game played by anti gun activists and media to convince people that owning a gun is no longer desirable and if you own a gun you are out of step with the rest of the nation.

guaranteed that any survey from a doctor's office to phone survey by the NYTs is not accurate when asking such personal question as gun ownership.

guess how many gang members and career criminals like the two bro in Chicago own firearms, that on top of citizens living in those gang infested areas that own illegal guns.

Guns stolen from armories and break ins at gun shops and lackadasical federal agencies count?
Plug in a state's name with the refrain....'guns stolen in __________". Thousands upon thousands of stolen guns plague the nation. Let's see some laws directed at those commercial sources of illegal guns. Don't get the idea that is the answer to gun violence, it isn't! The source of gun violence has yet to be addressed. Drugs and gangs are closer to the source than excess gun legislation. The justice system needs a revamp and obama needs to go away and stop releasing felons who plead down charges to non felonies and then get released as non violent offenders.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:25 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People who are not gun nuts are fearful just the ability to by one in the future should they change their minds may be taken away.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:58 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
I don't believe the statistics. About 80% live in an urban environment. I know that doesn't really mean much, but from what I witnessed in life, urban dwellers have a much lower chance of owning a firearm(in my circle it is about 20% gun ownership among urban dwellers, 100% rural folks), of course it is possible people have lied to me when asked if they have a firearm. Or I have a particular anti gun group.

But 80% live in an urban environment.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:01 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I don't believe the statistics. About 80% live in an urban environment. I know that doesn't really mean much, but from what I witnessed in life, urban dwellers have a much lower chance of owning a firearm(in my circle it is about 20% gun ownership among urban dwellers, 100% rural folks), of course it is possible people have lied to me when asked if they have a firearm. Or I have a particular anti gun group.

But 80% live in an urban environment.
Which urban area (city) do your friends reside?

My guess is that there will be a serious difference in gun ownership between those in NYC or SF and those in Houston or Phoenix.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:02 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Which urban area (city) do your friends reside?

My guess is that there will be a serious difference in gun ownership between those in NYC or SF and those in Houston or Phoenix.
Seattle, yeah good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies