Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 01:07 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanaticist View Post
gwynedd1 is trying to point the finger at liberals who support the welfare state. Nothing more.

I am just asking you to define a word you keep using. Why can't you do it? Is is because you are black and no one gave you the chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 01:13 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Quote:
It's just conflation of labels.

Neoliberalism is free market capitalism without government interference, and the belief that the market corrects itself. It's been our economy the last 40 years. It is most widely supported by the conservative right. People just confuse the label with being liberal by today's context.
Thanks for the answer, not attempting to distract from the thread but if a term gets used there should be a common understanding of what it is.

That being said, the economy hasn't been allowed to self-correct for the last 40 years and government has interfered with it on a national scale, witness bailouts, increased social programs that remove business competition and a complete disruption of healthcare so that reduces your explanation to a figment of imagination doesn't it? It sure isn't reality.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:21 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
All politics aside, what does something like this do to team unity? How is the coach supposed to handle crap like this? One guy sits and the rest stand?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:26 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Lost in this charade is basic understanding of Islam. Whether or not it's true, what does it have to do with anything?

It appears some of us here have trouble seeing whether or not it's a religion or political ideology.
Islam is at war with everything non-Islamic.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Thanks for the answer, not attempting to distract from the thread but if a term gets used there should be a common understanding of what it is.

That being said, the economy hasn't been allowed to self-correct for the last 40 years and government has interfered with it on a national scale, witness bailouts, increased social programs that remove business competition and a complete disruption of healthcare so that reduces your explanation to a figment of imagination doesn't it? It sure isn't reality.

Neoliberalism, as coined today, is mostly founded on the idea of Adam Smith's theory on the division of labor being the source of wealth, which then leads to the implication of increased trade. This is the justification of globalism. Ricardo's financial model was also kept or reacquired after Keynes displaced it with the Depression as proof positive.

However the "neo" leaves out the renterism spoken at length and that the capitalist's interest do not match that of the society by Smith. Smith was essentially attacking merchant control of the government. Ricardo of course was very important in the discussion of renterism. Neoclassical theory more or less keeps Ricado's crap while tossing out the good stuff , while leaving out the bulk of Smith.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
All politics aside, what does something like this do to team unity? How is the coach supposed to handle crap like this? One guy sits and the rest stand?
I don't know, but this is part of being a head coach of any professional sports team. You have a variety of egos, personalities, demands, and social media spotlight issues to deal with. The 49ers head coach makes $6M a year, btw, I don't really feel all that bad for him being stuck with how to figure this one out.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
You're (gwynedd) a conservative that blames the liberal left for the status quo, and used liberalism as an example, but liberalism and neoliberalism should not be conflated in this sense, because it's the conservative right who have supported neoliberalist economic policy (Reaganomics).
Wrong again. I am neither a neoliberal or a Conservative. However you were quite sure were you not? That the kind of research you do?

Quote:
That's the point. He's pointing the finger at liberals, specifically. For most other people to understand what he is saying, he is conflating the two words.

I understand the differences 100%. He doesn't realize that yet.
I realize you don't know the subject , and that you are likely to blame the system when you don't.

Quote:

It's quite clear what his objective is by denying any sort of systemic and institutionlized racism.

He sounds like one of those "bootstrap" fellas.
Yep that is exactly what I am doing. There is an institutional class system, but very little to do with race. Again Mexicans offer lower costs and they work, destroying your theory, just like Asians easily get STEM jobs for the same reason. . Of course the liberals are trying to change all that. They are offering social services instead of simply low wage work, more or less leading to their eventual ruin as well.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There is a decent chance he will be released. If so, I don't see anyone else picking him up.

However, as long as he's not financially stupid, he still will never have to work again.
I'll be greatly disappointed in ANY pro team in this country if ANY player for the religious or political expression.

The fact he's sucked the last 2 years, been atrocious in the preseason, and been outplayed by nobody is perfectly acceptable. I wonder what his cap hit is? Been to busy to pay attention and slept thru that part of sports reporters

Old 08-29-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I blame Reaganomics because it has perpetuated the current issues we have tenfold.

There seem to be a cohort of people here who only have short term memories and look only to Obama being the culprit, when this was in the works decades ago. The paper trail is much longer than 8 years.
It's been in the works since 1913... Notice the federal governments powers were pretty restrained legally till then?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Wrong again. I am neither a neoliberal or a Conservative. However you were quite sure were you not? That the kind of research you do?

I realize you don't know the subject , and that you are likely to blame the system when you don't.

Yep that is exactly what I am doing. There is an institutional class system, but very little to do with race. Again Mexicans offer lower costs and they work, destroying your theory, just like Asians easily get STEM jobs for the same reason. . Of course the liberals are trying to change all that. They are offering social services instead of simply low wage work, more or less leading to their eventual ruin as well.
Problem is Mexican slave labor as it is treated are sometimes paid under the table. It's not a majority. But it's the largest of any demographic. And... It perpetuates 'dey took ar jebs'

Most people work if they can or they embrace a criminal enterprise... Of that all demographs contribute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies