Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 04:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Now we can add to my question which no one has addressed. Would you allow a oil pipeline run directly under your water supply? Would you allow a pipeline run through Arlington Cemetery? Would you allow a copper mine be built at the 9-11 memorial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
See that is the problem. Believing what you read or hear in the media, based on the particular "side" you happen to be supporting. Oh, don't get me wrong... we ALL do this. That is the reason that I rarely post on any other topic here at CD. I don't know know enough FACTS from being an active participant. But I KNOW pipeline. I've lived it for 38 years. Forty eight different states, for every possible gas or oil company for all the major main-line contractors. From Rex-east, Rex-west, to the Southern expansion to yes even the original Keystone. Crude, natural gas, product and even fiber optic. Mainline transmission, to gathering and distribution. So unless you work for one of the gas companies, a pipeline engineering firm, one of the contractor's, or some other firm associated with the line, you (the general public) even posting links you've "read" are truly the random claims. Are they all false. No, not necessarily. But not a single one of them, usually contains the WHOLE truth telling both sides of the story.
I'm supposed to believe some random post on a random internet site over posted news stories? And I have more to say about this as soon as you post some sort of verification for your claim.

As far as I know you are a waiter in Miami Florida. How about answering my question above?

Old 09-12-2016, 05:52 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm supposed to believe some random post on a random internet site over posted news stories? And I have more to say about this as soon as you post some sort of verification for your claim.

As far as I know you are a waiter in Miami Florida. How about answering my question above?
Would I allow a pipeline under my water supply. LOL... I grew up in an area where oil was the major player. Grandpa was a wildcatter, Daddy worked at the refinery, and I married a pipeline engineer. There WAS pipelines under my water supply. I can all but guarantee that there is probably a pipeline ALREADY under yours.

As far as your question about under Arlington or Ground Zero, that is just being stupid or obtuse for the sake of argument. No main-line and no gas company is going to ask to do that. These things are planned to run as far as possible away from major cities. But, if you want to get technical, there are lines running all over under NYC. There are directional drill sites and bores under all the interstates and rivers close to the city.

As far as proving my family does what I'm telling you. Short of posting a picture of a pay stub, which isn't happening, there's no way to prove it to you. I can post a couple of pictures, and whether you believe it or not is purely up to you.

Pikeville KY
http://

Arkansas 1990

Outside Woodward, OK 1980

Sandpoint Idaho, 1981

Pipe yard outside Plymouth, WI 2008
http://

Burning rods in the ditch in Farmington, NM (07 I think)

Now......go try to find those in the public domain somewhere. You won't. Their out of my private pictures......so now.... prove to me that you are the pipeline "expert".....

Last edited by aus10; 09-12-2016 at 06:06 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
As far as your question about under Arlington or Ground Zero, that is just being stupid or obtuse for the sake of argument. No main-line and no gas company is going to ask to do that. These things are planned to run as far as possible away from major cities. But, if you want to get technical, there are lines running all over under NYC. There are directional drill sites and bores under all the interstates and rivers close to the city.
So it's the fault of the Native American's that their burial grounds are away from cities? It's their fault that their protected lands are away from cities? We would only care about digging up Arlington Cemetery because it's not away from a city?

Quote:
Now......go try to find those in the public domain somewhere. You won't. There out of my private pictures......so now.... prove to me that you are the pipeline "expert".....
I haven't claimed to be. I have only claimed to believe that all should be treated fair and equally. That we should not expect others to expect to accept what we would never accept. Especially from a group that have been expected to do this for decades.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:20 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
The pipeline does not run on tribal property. Archeologists have tried to verify claims of "burial grounds" and found them to be BS. Just more entitled idiots trying to destroy American jobs, and perhaps extort money out of the taxpayers or the company. I have to suspect that their acts are funded by Soros and Buffet. Follow the money. Who stands to gain when this oil is NOT shipped by the safest, most cost effective and least environmentally damaging means? The alternative is to ship by train-an industry Soros and Buffet are heavily invested in.

Of course it could just be the average ignorant "environmental" organization. They have done their very best to halt any projects that create jobs or enhance America's energy independence. Or perhaps Saudi-who also benefits when we do not utilize our own natural resources.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
So it's the fault of the Native American's that their burial grounds are away from cities? It's their fault that their protected lands are away from cities? We would only care about digging up Arlington Cemetery because it's not away from a city?

I haven't claimed to be. I have only claimed to believe that all should be treated fair and equally. That we should not expect others to expect to accept what we would never accept. Especially from a group that have been expected to do this for decades.
How many times do you have to be told? The land the natives are fighting over #1.. was NOT a burial ground! That was an outright lie! #2 Was private property. #3. Already had existing ROW and a line on it!

I have never had a problem with them protesting for their water's safety. We all want the lines to be as safe as possible. Hell, all of us in the industry agree with looking for sustainable and alternative forms of energy. We're not all the big bad boogey people that folks just like you make us out to be. We too expect fair and equal treatment. But when you only post and drag on and on and on about something that you really only read about, and quite frankly, don't know jack-crap about you would be wise if you truly want to be informed to learn ALL the facts before assuming and posting like you're some kind of expert. We've worked on many a reservation and many times with great success with the native tribes. This whole debacle is nothing but a staged production for someone else's benefit and the quicker you finally realize it, then you might actually be a little closer to the truth.......

Old 09-12-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The pipeline does not run on tribal property. Archeologists have tried to verify claims of "burial grounds" and found them to be BS. Just more entitled idiots trying to destroy American jobs, and perhaps extort money out of the taxpayers or the company. I have to suspect that their acts are funded by Soros and Buffet. Follow the money. Who stands to gain when this oil is NOT shipped by the safest, most cost effective and least environmentally damaging means? The alternative is to ship by train-an industry Soros and Buffet are heavily invested in.

Of course it could just be the average ignorant "environmental" organization. They have done their very best to halt any projects that create jobs or enhance America's energy independence. Or perhaps Saudi-who also benefits when we do not utilize our own natural resources.
Did Soros get this land designated as a Historical Place? Should we allow a mine to be built at Mount Vernon?

GOP congressman furious after sacred Apache land in Arizona is designated a historic place

Old 09-12-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
How many times do you have to be told? The land the natives are fighting over #1.. was NOT a burial ground! That was an outright lie! #2 Was private property. #3. Already had existing ROW and a line on it!
So says you. (The Missouri River is NOT private property).

Quote:
I have never had a problem with them protesting for their water's safety. We all want the lines to be as safe as possible. Hell, all of us in the industry agree with looking for sustainable and alternative forms of energy. We're not all the big bad boogey people that folks just like you make us out to be. We too expect fair and equal treatment. But when you only post and drag on and on and on about something that you really only read about, and quite frankly, don't know jack-crap about you would be wise if you truly want to be informed to learn ALL the facts before assuming and posting like you're some kind of expert. We've worked on many a reservation and many times with great success with the native tribes. This whole debacle is nothing but a staged production for someone else's benefit and the quicker you finally realize it, then you might actually be a little closer to the truth.......
We will note.......you are the one with a financial interest here, I do not.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
So says you. (The Missouri River is NOT private property).

We will note.......you are the one with a financial interest here, I do not.
You need to learn what HDD is.....then come back and talk to me about the river. (Which by the way, wouldn't have been a concern in the first place if the original route had been approved.)

Actually, I don't have a financial interest in this one at all. We're working not even remotely close to there.... LOLOL. And when it comes to the financial interest....you would be the one who would be surprised at who actually does......and I'm not just talking about the gas company, contractors or workers...... Come on... your a smart guy (gal?)....put your thinking cap on and you can figure it out.........

Old 09-16-2016, 02:19 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,316 times
Quote:
A delegation of Lakota leaders has delivered a message to the State Department, and said they were unilaterally withdrawing from treaties they signed with the federal government of the U.S., some of them more than 150 years old.

Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S. 150 Years Ago | Fox News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies