Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:08 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Works for the Dems, no?
Sure as hell does. It has since the Dems fought against African Americans having the right to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 02:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not me. I don't draw a salary anymore. I refuse to be a tax slave. Blacks need to earn their own living. I refuse to fund their dysfunction anymore.
Please inform yourself.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us...oops.html?_r=0
You're a wage earner at a job. Gimme a break.

Now get back to work before the onion rings get burned.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:52 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times
Just to prove you hate America, vote for clinton...!

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=4]If you were to strip naked and run around in a circle at the speed of
299.8 mm/sec (the speed of light) it would theoretically be possible
for you to screw yourself.

However, since you are not physically capable of achieving that speed
at your age, you can easily accomplish the same result by:

Voting Democratic in the Nov. 8, 2016 election.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 09-08-2016, 04:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Oh yes, that would be the often regurgitated left wing talking point about Trump supporters being limited to white "uneducated" individuals. Another of the myriad baseless innuendos put out there for the "Trump Must Never Become President" bandwagon
members who apparently believe that unquestioningly buying into these innuendos and pollyparroting them makes them intelligent informed voters.

Your right to do so, of course, but the sense of superiority implied in your comments isn't especially warranted.

Chill the heck out. Read my post again. I never said Trump supporters were limited to white uneducated individuals. I know there are well-educated, successful people who support him. I still don't get that, but at least it makes more sense.

Your reflexive hostility and assumption that people who question the rationale of those who support Trump (or Romney, or Palin, or Bush) do so only because they have a "sense of superiority" exhibits an inferiority complex that isn't especially warranted.

In fairness, this is nothing new. As usual, this election has strong undercurrents of class warfare and anti-intellectualism, which has defined American social, economic and political discourse since the colonial era. Just more of the same.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 09-08-2016 at 04:34 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 04:13 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I (and my friends and family) am making and informed vote that has nothing to do with needing Democrats or handouts to exist.
Honestly, the vast majority of Black-Americans are in part (not in whole) motivated to vote for Democrats because the Democrats entice the poor with cash-transfer programs called "welfare."

I'm ethnically Black-American and I hear it all the time from black people that we must vote for Democrats because the Republicans are not going to "give us anything" in terms of entitlement programs.

Another motivating factor--as it is with nearly all humans--is people subscribe to the political party their parents subscribe too. Has nothing to do with "free thought." Each political part is de facto a religion and Democrats promote a collection of religious values (e.g., they arbitrarily oppose 3 gay men being wed to each other).

Quote:
I do not believe the religious right's agenda should dictate laws...
The religious right is against 3 men being we'd to each other just as Democrats are. The Democrats simply established a man made religion that 2 men marrying each other is good. They oppose polygamy. The Democrats as atheists are in fact religious fanatics. And under the Democrats the earth will burn during their global military wars of the Sodomite Crusades.

The Catholic and Orthodox Churches are not part of the religious right (that is a Protestant thing) and lobby the government to support organized labor. The Catholic Church of the United States lobbies for gun control. Now, are unions and gun control a "Republican thing"? No, but that does not stop Democrats from advancing into laws the religious agenda of the Catholic Bishops council of the United States which tells Catholocs they must vote for pro-Union policies, gun control, and preferential options (welfare) for the poor.

Quote:
I do not believe broad sweeping tax cuts are a good thing when there is a huge deficit, I do not agree with defunding public schools, and immigration reform is important but deporting everyone is unrealistic.
Public schools--as in Democratic run Chicago which closed plenty--are financed through local property taxes.

Milwaukee is owned whole by Democrats and they--the Democratic run city--closed plenty of public schools. Many have been merged under one building.

It makes sense, it first started happening with Catholic schools, they kept closing. They no longer had the financing to keep running them (Catholic schools are financed locally, privately, they are not financed by the Vatican as some non-Catholics think) due to the demographic changes in which fewer whites of middle class jobs were sending their kids to them. Instead more and more impoverished Latino families and black families were sending their kids to these schools. Enrollment dropped too because many of the working poor could not afford them. This was also in relation to the industrial decline of the United States.

It first started with the Catholic Schools and then it finally hit the public schools (enrollments also down, in part to fewer kids).

Quote:
The problem is no matter how many times we say that, Republicans refuse to believe it. As someone earlier pointed out the people most affected by poverty are generally not the ones who vote. So the constant refrain of "Democrats are keeping black people in the ghetto" does not resonate with 80% of the black voter population. It's actually quite condescending.
The blatant racism in the Republican Party turns a lot of black people off too. But the United States has a long history of racial divide.

While the United States did better and wiser than Latin America in embracing the Industrial Revolution, the United States did worse by promoting biological determinism through Jim Crow era racial segregation. This turned Black-Americans into a bonafide ethnic group and has marked a strong racial tension between whites and blacks. It was white Americans fault--not blacks--for institutionalizing Jim Crow. Yet, white Americans today want to act like its black people's faults and out of the blue black people have put the prefix "African" before American. Rather than just calling themselves American.

White Americans long played the race card in politics. Be it the so-called "WASP's" or the Irish-Americans who developed ethnic voter gangs to gain political control over certain cities. Black people did not invent the race card game. They have adapted to its card use in American socio-political life.

The two part system in my mind really keeps a lot of this stuff going. Both parties like to paint things in black and white issues be it sex, drugs, or race.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you believe Hillary?
Okay, you might want to sit down for this: most politicians -- and wannabe politicians! -- are creative with the truth, to say the least. Unfortunately, it's par for the course. That is why I love Obama and Sanders. As politicians go, they are people of integrity.

Anyone who fails to see that Trump lies so much he believes his own lies, that he's corrupt to his core, that he makes up his own rules, and that he bullies and steals to get what he feels entitled to, is delusional. And he doesn't limit his tactics to the US. Oh, no. He tried to push Scottish farmers off their land in order to build his damn golf course. Watch the documentary, You've Been Trumped. That man is a douche.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:06 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Blacks need to stop listening to their Democrat Masters who keep telling them; "You can't achieve your dreams like all other groups and you need my crutch."
You're entitled to your opinion based on limited personal experience in the United States. The Blacks have lived here longer than you have. I don't think they need or want your lectures.

Last edited by phetaroi; 09-08-2016 at 06:44 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 06:42 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Blacks voters follow the 'herd-mentality'.

Looking at past records, they either vote overwhelmingly Republican or Democrat.

Once you can attract the required threshold, the rest just follow along.
Another insult at Blacks from (as the poster puts it himself) "the pit of hell".

Old 09-08-2016, 06:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Okay, you might want to sit down for this: most politicians -- and wannabe politicians! -- are creative with the truth, to say the least. Unfortunately, it's par for the course. That is why I love Obama and Sanders. As politicians go, they are people of integrity.

Anyone who fails to see that Trump lies so much he believes his own lies, that he's corrupt to his core, that he makes up his own rules, and that he bullies and steals to get what he feels entitled to, is delusional. And he doesn't limit his tactics to the US. Oh, no. He tried to push Scottish farmers off their land in order to build his damn golf course. Watch the documentary, You've Been Trumped. That man is a douche.
Your favorite President would never be able to spend so much time golfing, if it wasn't for those who build golf courses all around America. Some would say, President Obama has spent more time golfing than looking after the problems in this country.

The land Trump was trying to buy, not steal was to expand his golf course, but the people wanted a wind farm.....or do you know about this? Trump lost the case to wind farmers, not one man or the taking of a man's land. There was no farmer planting crops. So now, instead of an expanded golf course the people have wind turbines.

Yet, President Obama has put how many coal miners out of work, allowed business owners in several cities to lose their businesses to fires started by BLM, who he strongly supports. How many people are no longer insured in America due to ObamaCare. Loss of jobs and closing of small businesses should not have been the President's legacy. President Obama's respect around the world is zilch.

Yes, Sanders was able to purchase a very nice home for $600,000, after performing his make believe run for President.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Your favorite President would never be able to spend so much time golfing, if it wasn't for those who build golf courses all around America. Some would say, President Obama has spent more time golfing than looking after the problems in this country.
Oh, gimme a break. That's right. Obama's been on easy street the last 8 years. Out there golfing and drinking Mai tais the whole time. As if Trump wouldn't spend plenty of time golfing if he were to become POTUS.

Quote:
The land Trump was trying to buy, not steal was to expand his golf course, but the people wanted a wind farm.....or do you know about this? Trump lost the case to wind farmers, not one man or the taking of a man's land. There was no farmer planting crops. So now, instead of an expanded golf course the people have wind turbines.
Yes, I know about this. My parents are Scottish immigrants, and I still have family there. Most Scots can't stand Trump. In fact, most Brits can't stand him.They see him for what he is: a loud-mouthed, ill-mannered, ignorant, narcissistic, grandstanding blowhard. A lying, dirt bag bully.

The golf course is in view of an area just off the coast of Aberdeen on which the Scottish government granted permission for wind turbines to be built. I think the government of Scotland has the right to decide the best environmental decisions for the country and the people of Scotland, don't you? Anyone with half a brain does, but Mr Trump didn't see things that way. Because he's Donald Trump, you see. He's rich. He should be able to go into another country and get everything his way. To that end, he sicced his team of lawyers to fight the wind turbines, but, thankfully, he lost that battle. Boo-boo for Trump.

Next, he wanted to expand his golf course on land belonging to long-time residents, including that of a farmer/fisherman. When the farmer refused to sell his land (his family has been there for generations), Trump did what he does best: insult and attack. He publicly denigrated the man's property and home, and made other utterly ridiculous comments, but embarrassed only himself in the process. Though his mother was Scottish, the fool Trump clearly doesn't understand or respect Scottish culture.

But it didn't end there. He sent his team to build a fence on a parcel of land belonging to the farmer, and then tried to forcibly remove the farmer and other property owners adjacent to the golf course, using a number of dirty tactics.

The guy is nothing but an unethical, slimy, conniving shyster. And, as far as I'm concerned, the government of Great Britain should ban him from the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies