Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:26 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It is a human. I guess you'd be ok with killing premies in the NICU.

I'll buy you a net so you can catch what is going over your head.

Inflammatory rhetoric, such as yours, never trumps FACTS, it just highlights the inherent weakness of your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:54 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey: Yeah, I read Roe but that doesn't seem to cover how the Constitution specifically authorizes the federal government to decide who is or is not a person.

Who should decide? You? People who share your beliefs? Some religious leader?

Admit it, you will never be happy with any decision that doesn't support your beliefs.

The court got it right, this is a privacy issue. A woman has the right to privacy when making a decision regarding something that no one can answer definitively. The decision should be based on HER beliefs, no one else's.

It is scientific FACT that the woman is the only bona fide person who has any standing in the matter.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:57 AM

5,996 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
It is a human. I guess you'd be ok with killing premies in the NICU.
Okay using your logic, let's talk about people on death row. How do you feel about commuting all of their sentences to to life instead of killing them? You okay with that? They're human too.

Quote:
I'll buy you a net so you can catch what is going over your head.
Nothing is flying over anyone's head. You've lost the argument so you're posing nonsensical questions in an attempt to trick people into thinking you have a valid point, which you don't.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:07 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
try not to be so dramatic, a premie in the NICU is not the same as a fetus/baby in the womb.
Lets say you have two babies conceived 7 1/2 months ago. One was born today prematurely and is in the NICU while the other remains in the womb. What are the biological differences between the two that are at the same exact point of developement?

Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Okay using your logic, let's talk about people on death row. How do you feel about commuting all of their sentences to to life instead of killing them? You okay with that? They're human too.
So, in your head a baby at 8 months developement is like a convicted murderer? Interesting.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Why is it you are always on the wrong side of every issue?
Let's look at my position on this. I think there should be no restrictions on abortion in the first trimester. There should be some restrictions in the second trimester. Third trimester abortions should be heavily restricted with very few exceptions.

Is your position that there should be no abortions allowed or that there should be no restrictions at all and you believe even a baby in the final week can be killed?

Old 09-11-2016, 10:49 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Lets say you have two babies conceived 7 1/2 months ago. One was born today prematurely and is in the NICU while the other remains in the womb. What are the biological differences between the two that are at the same exact point of developement?

ahhh love these hypotheticals do you want a review board to oversee all woman's pregnancies? to decide if a pregnancy is too unhealthy to should go forward? does this board get to tell a woman she should have to carry a dead baby for days and days until her body "naturally" expels it?

not your pregnancy, not your business.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:51 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Let's look at my position on this. I think there should be no restrictions on abortion in the first trimester. There should be some restrictions in the second trimester. Third trimester abortions should be heavily restricted with very few exceptions.

Is your position that there should be no abortions allowed or that there should be no restrictions at all and you believe even a baby in the final week can be killed?
again, not your business. women have a right to privacy and her pregnancy is her business.

btw late term abortions are already heavily restricted.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
ahhh love these hypotheticals do you want a review board to oversee all woman's pregnancies? to decide if a pregnancy is too unhealthy to should go forward? does this board get to tell a woman she should have to carry a dead baby for days and days until her body "naturally" expels it?

not your pregnancy, not your business.
I see you are still afraid to answer the question.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
again, not your business. women have a right to privacy and her pregnancy is her business.

btw late term abortions are already heavily restricted.
And you're also scared to answer this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies