Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:54 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Over here you have the right to put a bullet in their head if they attack you but democrats seek to deny you that right.
Muslims have the same right. If you violate sharia law, they can put a bullet in your head. They will get arrested and probably get life in prison, but they consider that a small price to pay for defending sharia law.

If you put a bullet in their head to prevent them from putting a bullet in your head, you have to prove they were going to. And there is no proof. They can sneak up behind you and put a bullet in your head, and keep their guns hidden until then. Our whole country is saturated with guns, and the amount of gun violence is likely to escalate drastically. That's part of the price you pay for being a Republican gun nut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 02:01 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
A comment like this isn't likely to make a French citizen want to come to the US. Our high rates of violence is a huge turn off to most Europeans I've met. Aussies too.
We don't have any higher rate of "violence" than most European countries. In fact, in terms of assaults, burglaries, etc., many European countries are more or equal. We have more murders, is all. We also have 350 million people at any given time within our borders, meaning a lot more raw numbers of crime to make the news.

BUT, fun fact: The average white person in the US has about the same chance of being a murder victim as someone in Belgium.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

The Game: Muslims love talking about the Crusades... and Christians love apologizing for them. To hear both parties tell the story, one would think that Muslims were just peacefully minding their own business in lands that were legitimately Muslim, when Christian armies decided to wage holy war and "kill millions."

Here are some quick facts...

The first Crusade began in 1095… 460 years after the first Christian city was overrun by Muslim armies, 457 years after Jerusalem was conquered by Muslim armies, 453 years after Egypt was taken by Muslim armies, 443 after Muslims first plundered Italy, 427 years after Muslim armies first laid siege to the Christian capital of Constantinople, 380 years after Spain was conquered by Muslim armies, 363 years after France was first attacked by Muslim armies, 249 years after the capital of the Christian world, Rome itself, was attacked by a Muslim army, and only after centuries of church burnings, killings, enslavement and forced conversions of Christians.

By the time the Crusades finally began, Muslim armies had conquered two-thirds of the Christian world.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p.../crusades.aspx

Old 09-09-2016, 02:04 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds

By the time the Crusades finally began, Muslim armies had conquered two-thirds of the Christian world.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p.../crusades.aspx

Old 09-09-2016, 02:13 PM

11,813 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
They still have a very favorable opinion of Muslims. The French are a very odd people to me.
Hey lets start a freedom revolution! ooops it changed into a dictatorship
The Nazi are coming! Quick grab the white flags!
Muslims are committing jihad in France, bring more in!!!!

Pardon me but that graph is from the spring of 2014 - I think the perception of Muslims has changed a bit after all that has happened in the past year.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:20 PM

20,467 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The attackers were identified, presumably criminally charged, and should be prosecuted and punished to the maximum degree allowed by law; a quick-and-severe penalty is exactly what's needed here. that would send the correct message to all prospective immigrants that an industrialized, First World nation is a free country.

In fairness, what exposure I've had to Muslim immigrants and visitors leads me to believe that a large majority are neither that religious, nor that intolerant. But a firm "line in the sand" has to be clearly drawn, and enforced, specifically, as a "hate crime" and without exception, against the fanatics.

are you kidding me? you seriously think sending these nasty religious zelots to jail will send a message that they cant do that?

you honestly think that??

That just tells them to do more of it because that means they are doing what goD wants them to do.

good grief.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Or they think Muslims are just perpetual victims of mean Europeans and we deserve it.

Of course as usual they know jack , but not Stephen Decatur.

Barbary Pirates Battled By US Navy 200 Years Ago

The ambassador explained that Muslim pirates considered Americans to be infidels and they believed they simply had the right to plunder American ships.
Gee I wonder where they came up with that ? Oh that's right, the Quran.
Exactly the same as the Islamists believe today. We are infidels, they are superior, and they believe that "Allah" has given the entire world to them. Jihad is their way.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryWhiteMale View Post
Well I'll give you credit for being honest here. You all on the left can't win the debate of where to move the country culturally and politically so you import voters in mass via immigration to stay in power. You'll pay for that of course when the immigrants form race and religious parties and they arise and take over but for now it is serving your interests...over the interest of average Americans of course since Americans want immigration controlled. Nice attempt at trying to say your doing it for equality (equality is bs but that's a different topic) but people aren't buying that anymore.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:03 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryWhiteMale View Post
Well I'll give you credit for being honest here. You all on the left can't win the debate of where to move the country culturally and politically so you import voters in mass via immigration to stay in power. You'll pay for that of course when the immigrants form race and religious parties and they arise and take over but for now it is serving your interests...over the interest of average Americans of course since Americans want immigration controlled. Nice attempt at trying to say your doing it for equality (equality is bs but that's a different topic) but people aren't buying that anymore.
Wait till the November election before you jump to conclusions about who wins what debate.

Muslims aren't being imported for their votes. I personally think we should slow down and not accept so many of them at once without vetting them extensively. But regardless, they aren't being imported for their votes. Democrats have a genuine concern for oppressed people. The ones being imported are from a war torn country where their odds of survival are low enough to make Republicans chuckle with glee. Democrats care about everyone, especially children. In Nazi Germany there wasn't enough poison gas to kill all the children, so the Nazis, with similar attitudes as Republicans, threw them alive into fires in ditches, then covered them with dirt after the fires burned out. Democrats would gladly have rescued some of them if possible. Republicans would chuckle with glee at their plight.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:06 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
A comment like this isn't likely to make a French citizen want to come to the US. Our high rates of violence is a huge turn off to most Europeans I've met. Aussies too.
You mistake my comment. My comment is about self defense, unless you see using violence in self defense as unjustifiable.

If America has a high crime rate then it has a social problem, not a weapons problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies