Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 05:22 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Rudy Guiliani said it very well this morning. "Islamic Terrorism is the enemy of anyone who loves freedom. It doesn't matter what color you are, liberal or conservative. They don't care"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 05:25 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Hate to spoil your party . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrhJA2QWrRU

Put high ranking officials on trial for lying to Congress?

Yeah, like that will ever happen!

Why Hillary Clinton Will Not be Charged for Lying to Congress

Old 09-11-2016, 06:46 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
market ticker had a great piece on 9-11 this morning, which should be read by every American:

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231495

9/11 is a day to remember, but it is also a time to reflect on the putrid pall that Washington DC political correctness, willful refusal to face reality and economic expedience casts over our nation -- and the price we all have paid for it. It is a time to not only remember and reinforce that it was muslim terrorists that committed those acts on 9/11 (along with many before and since) but that in fact the wide majority of modern terrorism is in fact islamic in nature. It is a day to remember that our government was repeatedly warned and intentionally refused to enforce our own laws prior to 9/11, and that refusal made possible the execution of those attacks. It is a day to remember that our governments granted credentials to illegal immigrants (who had overstayed their visas and thus were no longer legally in the United States) and those credentials were used by the hijackers to board the planes. And it is a day to remember that our government allowed those who were possibly culpable, alive and in the country after the attacks to leave under special dispensation when nobody else could fly anywhere. And it is a day to remember that to this very day our government will not call this act, and others before and since, what it is nor identify by name the driving force of all of it..

and where exactly is the wife of the Orlando pulse shooter?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:20 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Fifteen years later Islam is still a low-life gutter religion intent on spreading across the worĺd and spreading fear and chaos, killing Jews, Christians and gays and enslaving women.

It's beyond amazing to me that the Democrat powers that be are willing to sell out the safety of the American public for the Muslim vote.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
US has failed so far to tackle Islamic terrorism.

Bush failed by making it solely an OBL thing, Obama perpetuated the same mindset adding appeasement into the mix by supporting Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and its offshoots at home.
Bush didn't make it about OBL, he made it about Iraq, which had nothing to do with it. Iraq radicalized more muslims than the terrorists could have hoped for.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:37 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
tell me please, how can people be more vigilant, when everyone's noses are stuck to their phones? people can't even drive without watching their phones?

I don't believe a lot of Americans are fearful, personally I don't believe people learn from History...or shall I say, we continually repeat history.
Unfortunately that is true. Compare the mindset of the average American today versus WWII. In those days the whole nation was focused on defeating Hitler, at every level of the society.

Today? We are becoming a nation of self absorbed nitwits, increasingly disconnected from reality. We don't bother to learn history, we don't try to understand the significance of current events, we allow bureaucrats to design and implement laws that go against our own interests because we are too lazy or indifferent to get involved in public service.

I don't think the citizens of the USA are prepared to deal with a serious terrorist attack, especially one with a weapon of mass destruction. It's just a matter of time. The only real question is how we will react when it happens. I think the average American will go hide under a bed and post comments on Twitter or Facebook or some Internet forum like this one.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:43 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
To those who have lost loved ones and friends on 9/11 or have first-hand memories that went along with helping in the aftermath, you are in the thoughts and prayers of thousands of people here and around the world. I hope you can feel that and it helps to give you strength on this sadiversary.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-11-2016 at 08:59 AM..

Old 09-11-2016, 08:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe a lot of Americans are fearful, personally I don't believe people learn from History...or shall I say, we continually repeat history.
No, they are not as fearful as the politicians would want them to be. Vast majority of Americans live normal lives without fear, as they should. Football stadiums will be packed today. Fear is a curse, and a political weapon, which politicians use to control people. It is also the goal of the terrorists.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:01 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Unfortunately that is true. Compare the mindset of the average American today versus WWII. In those days the whole nation was focused on defeating Hitler, at every level of the society.

Today? We are becoming a nation of self absorbed nitwits, increasingly disconnected from reality. We don't bother to learn history, we don't try to understand the significance of current events, we allow bureaucrats to design and implement laws that go against our own interests because we are too lazy or indifferent to get involved in public service.

I don't think the citizens of the USA are prepared to deal with a serious terrorist attack, especially one with a weapon of mass destruction. It's just a matter of time. The only real question is how we will react when it happens. I think the average American will go hide under a bed and post comments on Twitter or Facebook or some Internet forum like this one.

Great post. We were vigilant then, but not now. If we were vigilant, perhaps Boston bombing does not happen, as the bombs were left in advance.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:36 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Rudy Guiliani said it very well this morning. "Islamic Terrorism is the enemy of anyone who loves freedom. It doesn't matter what color you are, liberal or conservative. They don't care"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies