Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 08:52 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Well then genius, if you're right (which you're not)
Actually, I am correct. Which country/countries have more income equality? The U.S. with it's highly progressive tax system? Or Scandinavian/European countries with their regressive tax systems?

Are you catching on to economic reality, yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
No, that's not what I said.
Did you or did you not complain that the vast majority of shareholders, i.e. the working class workers/retirees with their $27 Trillion invested in corporate stock, etc., did not vote to penalize corporate profits?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:56 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, I am correct. Which country/countries have more income equality? The U.S. with it's highly progressive tax system? Or Scandinavian/European countries with their regressive tax systems?

Are you catching on to economic reality, yet?
Then why didn't you quote my entire comment and try refuting it? You're not "correct". And Scandinavian countries have a much more progressive tax system than we do. That is why they don't have a lot of our problems.

Do you know what "progressive tax system" means?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Did you or did you not complain that the vast majority of shareholders, i.e. the working class workers/retirees with their $27 Trillion invested in corporate stock, etc., did not vote to penalize corporate profits?
I did not.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:00 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I am suggesting that massive inequality affects you and everyone else because democracy gets destroyed as the political system will only serve the big money and special interests. Reduced income and wealth inequality is in your interest if you actually care about American democracy and having a say in how we are governed.
so you want to make everyone equal then? that has been tried, and been shown to be a failure EVERY TIME. do you not learn anything from history? look at china, the old soviet union, and cuba. note that when these countries tried to make everyone equal, few people wanted to move forward, but when capitalism was introduced to those countries, the people started to move forward because they could improve their conditions on their own.

the rich are ALWAYS going to influence government, regardless of the type of government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If you pay your employees well then they will look forward to working for you and bring in more business. And isn't that what every employer wants. I won't go to Walmart anymore because the stores are dirty and in disarray. And the employees attitude sucks. Pay them a decent wage and take care of them and they will take pride in their job and take care of their employer.
you need to take a business 101 class and actually learn something about how business works.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Then why didn't you quote my entire comment and try refuting it? You're not "correct".
I am correct. Start reading and learning, here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ont-have-a-47/

I can post more links if you still don't get it.

Knowledge is power.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I did not.
Then what's your explanation for why the largest shareholder group in the U.S. is NOT voting for what you "think" they want?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Then what's your explanation for why the largest shareholder group in the U.S. is NOT voting for what you "think" they want?
You'll have to ask them. But exactly who is the largest shareholder group in the country?

If you lump together corporate insiders and pension fund managers, they hold more than half the outstanding shares of stock..... -not workers.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:04 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,788 times
The only reason some European countries can afford their social programs is because of the international security generously provided by the United States. They benefit from the blood of our soldiers and the taxes of our citizens. Without them, the Jihadists would have retaken the Iberian Peninsula, opening the flood gates to Sharia Law in Europe unless those countries shape up.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:11 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Dang! Envy, is ugly!
Years ago when companies were not huge conglomerates, the owner knew most of his employees personally. That was when employees were paid better and the company owner/ceo paid himself a reasonable salary. It is harder to watch families of those you know in a close knit community struggle financially when all around realize you are not paying a fair wage.

Now, with huge corporations, there is so much distance that employees are merely a number on an excel graph. No human interaction. No community. Nothing but run away greed unchecked.

BTW, your defending of greed does not make you one of the 1% that is exploiting you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies