Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:59 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I dunno.
I like it that my 4 year old hasn't seemed to notice anyone's skin color.

I didn't, either, but I went to an international private school created by the U.N. overseas.
I remember moving to California and then suddenly it was all some big deal what race everyone was.
Originally I thought it came down to the difference between high class families like the ambassadors and CEOs whose kids were with me in that private school overseas vs the common ilk at the California schools (which in reality were part of a very affluent part of town).

Now I know it's just sick, stupid fascination this country has with skin color.
Looks like we have similar background.

I don't care about colors, but I lived a really sheltered life.

My two nephews look 100% white, one is a blonde, the other one has dark brown hair. I took them to feed the homeless veterans sometimes, and one had been bullied by one homeless (civilian) once, long story. He noticed "color" for the first time. But he got over it.

I think kids should be kids. Kids are actually very resilient.

My best friend was an orphan, he learned how to fight for food at a very young age. His view about "race" is entirely different from mine. He is a VERY tough white guy who is impossible to approach. A lot of people think of him as a racist, but he really is not. He is one of the kindest person I have ever known.

It is not wise to judge others when you (the general term you) don't know what they have been through.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-11-2016 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-11-2016, 07:00 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,371,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
That's is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read, and that includes the readings from the Marxist Theory grad course I took.
Agree.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
This woman actually thinks in terms of sacrificing her children for the cause. That's some pretty extreme white liberal virtue signalling. There seems to be no limit in how far people will go with this kind of thing.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:05 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Her White Priveleged child could be the victim of the 'knock out game'.
Oh but to her they would deserve it for having white privilege!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That's called innocence. Everyone's 4 year olds are that way. And then they grow up and become wise to the world. As they should.

No matter what the little liberal snowflakes were taught by their snowflake parents, the world is what it is and they have to face some realities.
My 18 month old wouldn't allow the non white that was here yesterday hold her. My niece came over with her boyfriend and some girl she knows had her non white BF with her and my 18 month old REFUSED to let him hold her. Kids DO notice race! I know mine do and I have done nothing to discourage it either. Its called NATURE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I asked my 7 year old if she thinks skin color matters. She said no. I said, yep that's correct. We are all human beings.
Race is FAR more than skin color...

Old 09-11-2016, 07:09 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
That is pretty pukeworthy. Hell, my kid is mixed and I think that is about the dumbest thing I have ever read with how Walmart can pay 50% more rivaling it.

Read them both in the last 15 minutes. Internet getting dumber by the day.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Oh but to her they would deserve it for having white privilege!

My 18 month old wouldn't allow the non white that was here yesterday hold her. My niece came over with her boyfriend and some girl she knows had her non white BF with her and my 18 month old REFUSED to let him hold her. Kids DO notice race! I know mine do and I have done nothing to discourage it either. Its called NATURE.

Lol....some just evolved more than others....

I think kids notice differences, but the differences only mean something to them if they're raised in a household that teaches people are different based on skin color. Noticing differences is natural for kids. Reacting to differences, not at all natural.

I'm not saying you did anything to foster the response, but it's not natural for a child to respond that way simply because someones skin color is different.

Are you sure it wasn't because it was a male?

Old 09-11-2016, 07:17 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think kids notice differences, but the differences only mean something to them if they're raised in a household that teaches people are different based on skin color. Noticing differences is natural for kids. Reacting to differences, not at all natural.

I'm not saying you did anything to foster the response, but it's not natural for a child to respond that way simply because someones skin color is different.

Kids go from going naked running around the living room to being scared of a shadow - they have diff fears at diff ages. Did you all not have kids or know some one who did! Omg already - just waiting for this thread to go. "Cut"

Old 09-11-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

No. She goes to her uncles and her grandfathers etc. She isn't around other races. None of my kids are because me and their mother aren't,unless its at work.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
No. She goes to her uncles and her grandfathers etc. She isn't around other races. None of my kids are because me and their mother aren't,unless its at work.
Probably get rebellious and bring home a black boyfriend in about 15 years. Kids will be kids.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Probably get rebellious and bring home a black boyfriend in about 15 years. Kids will be kids.
Raise them right that don't happen. Amazing my brother had 4 daughters and NEVER had that problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies