Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:03 AM

1,202 posts, read 641,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And I have seen it happen to others. I was delighted! They learned to be tolerant and was not do bad after all. Can try to plan your children's adult life, but what if they do fall in law with a non white?
Tolerance is weakness. My kids are taught and don't really need to be taught because they see it every day. This is a dog eat dog world. Tolerance is a weakness that gets you eaten. Hard to "fall in love" with someone you don't associate with outside of a job and even then very little. I was amazed at how easily children recognize race even in a store setting...I don't pay much attention anymore but my kids sure do.They don't want nonwhite kids coming near them trying to play with them etc and I don't force them. They know who they want around them and I guess they have had bad experiences or seen how these people act at school or in other settings....I don't shield my kids from the violence of the likes of BLM and La Raza...If I watch a video they want to see it as well...or if something pisses me off they ask what's going on etc...expose them to the real world where they are the most hated race on earth will serve them greatly in the future. They have to kick butt and take no prisoners....like I said its a dog eat dog world...be the pit bull or be the chihuahua.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:08 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And with quotes like this, conservatives then wonder how it is that people tend to regard them as just a tad racist...

You don't sound just like "100% white guilt free;" you sound like "100% white segregationist / supremacist."
Sounds like you are an expert on racism.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:10 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Tolerance is weakness. My kids are taught and don't really need to be taught because they see it every day. This is a dog eat dog world. Tolerance is a weakness that gets you eaten. Hard to "fall in love" with someone you don't associate with outside of a job and even then very little. I was amazed at how easily children recognize race even in a store setting...I don't pay much attention anymore but my kids sure do.They don't want nonwhite kids coming near them trying to play with them etc and I don't force them. They know who they want around them and I guess they have had bad experiences or seen how these people act at school or in other settings....I don't shield my kids from the violence of the likes of BLM and La Raza...If I watch a video they want to see it as well...or if something pisses me off they ask what's going on etc...expose them to the real world where they are the most hated race on earth will serve them greatly in the future. They have to kick butt and take no prisoners....like I said its a dog eat dog world...be the pit bull or be the chihuahua.
huh? You actually taught your kids they are the most hated race on earth? That is hardly the reality.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:14 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Tolerance isn't weakness. That said no one should have to carry a PC manual, to refer to before they speak in fear of hurting someone's feelings who might overhear the conversation.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As are 99% of liberals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
huh? You actually taught your kids they are the most hated race on earth? That is hardly the reality.
Didn't need to TEACH them. I let nature take its course. When they asked me WHY the other kids didn't like them I explained to them because they are white...in my 4 year daughters case blonde and blue eyed. Teach kids to be warriors and have a warrior mentality it goes a LONG way in every aspect of their lives. They will be ruthless in dealing with anyone who gets in the way and won't stop until they are as successful as they want to be.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:16 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yeah because the 18 month couldn't have just not wanted to be held by a stranger. The poster had to make it about race.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Tolerance isn't weakness. That said no one should have to carry a PC manual, to refer to before they speak in fear of hurting someone's feelings who might overhear the conversation.
Why split hairs? Its easier to go head on into non pc land. With kids its easier and simpler to teach one thing not have a line you keep crossing over and back constantly. Stick with one way and it works. Its why my kids are excellent in school and sports because I teach them you are superior in every way that you want to be superior. Nature made you smart so take full advantage,nature gave you great sports ability so take advantage,if people get in your way remove them one way or the other. No weakness show only strength.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah because the 18 month couldn't have just not wanted to be held by a stranger. The poster had to make it about race.
The way she reacted and looked at him we all knew it was because he was nonwhite. He even commented its probably because I am black. LOL I just sat their laughing on the inside.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:29 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, Mr. Donald Trump's children were obviously raised right. His granddaughter was adorable, cute alert. She celebrated her birthday in Hibachi restaurant and she spoke fluent Japanese. You can have all white children, but at the same time, you can raise your children to have all the right abilities to deal with people from different culture, compete in global market.

My two nephews have 1/8 Japanese blood in them, they are perfect blonde and brunette boys. As a protective aunt, I just want them to find girls who won't break their hearts. ALL my nephews are chick magnet. I just want them to grow up to be happy and productive members in society. Strong men are also caring men who have a very deep understanding of human suffering.

The strong, silent type and the macho tough guy may be appealing on the big screen, but in real life, the good guys are the ones who know how to deal with their feelings—the right way. Think of men you admire. Odds are they have an important trait in common: a healthy dose of self-esteem.

High EQ people excel at relationship management. They just play well with others, inspire and influence people positively, communicate well, and manage conflict proactively.

Maybe this is something parents should think about.
Ironically, the bold is what I got from the overly PC Huff article.

The mother wants to raise her white children to succeed and be knowledgeable about other people's cultures and realities in our society.

Not sure what is so wrong with that but, eh...I know a lot of Americans don't like to "acknowledge race."

IMO race should be acknowledged and not ignored. Whenever I hear/see people interact with young children and act like "color doesn't matter" that means that they are teaching those children to ignore what happens to people of different ethnic backgrounds. Color/ethnicity does matter in our society and children will see it and if you don't want your children to grow up and hate or mistrust or not associate with other groups of people (the OP evidently doesn't want his kids to associate with anyone who isn't white so he/she is teaching them to be prejudiced and that is fine for him, hopefully they'll grow up and grow out of the sickness of bigotry when they are older).

Studies show that it is better to talk to children when they are young about color and race. They also show that white parents are the least likely to do this and due to books/articles having been written about this subject, those white parents who do not want their children growing up associating people of different ethnic backgrounds in an innocently negative way, they introduce these discussions very early in the lives of their children. IMO it is similar to how I, as a parent (I am a black parent BTW) make sure that I have very early discussions about sex, gender, and sexuality with my own kids. I don't want them to go out in the world and pick up bad information about sex in particular from other kids, so I make sure they know about body parts, what sex is, how babies are made, about STDs, etc. My kids know all this by age 7! It is done purposefully and IMO many white parents are making a concerted effort to do this with their children about race in America.

That said, my kids, due to being black, we have had many conversations about race and ethnicity in America. I also make sure to address people of varying abilities in these conversations, so when we are out in public if my kid sees someone who has been severely burned, they will not react in a shocking way for example. I have told them of a friend of my dad's who was burned severely over 90% of his body during a house fire where he ran back inside as a young boy (he was 11) and he was burned while saving his baby sister's lives. I told them about this when they were 2 or 3. Both of my kids have now seen someone who was burned on their face and they always ask/say something about how that person was probably a hero instead of framing them as a monster. The way we communicate to our kids is important. Telling them about race in an innocent, simple way, does not take away their innocence. Ironically, I have had to combat in my children black racism against white people. I have older relatives who mention very stereotypical things about white people to my children or they overheard conversations. I make sure to speak to the kids about what they hear. I ask them what they think. We think of people we know who are white who are not whatever negative thing that a relative said. And we talk about how people are the same on the inside from a biological perspective with heart and lungs and brains, etc. It does not have to be a negative, uncomfortable thing and doesn't even have to be one long conversation. It is a series of short conversations during childhood.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies