Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 05:20 AM

15,104 posts, read 12,290,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You may very well be right, but I think they're in way over their heads. I don't feel their father is serving them well by putting them in this position.

I'm sure with you on that one. I'd like to stuff all 3 of them into a gunny sack and drop 'em off a bridge somewhere. Disgusting excuse for a family, in every respect.

Oh - and for what it's worth? Just to be fair, I absolutely believe that Trump did a much better job raising his kids than the Clintons did theirs. The Trump kids have their faults, but if Chelsea were my daughter, I'd be ashamed of the way she turned out.
LOL, well she IS her mother's daughter.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 05:26 AM

14,517 posts, read 11,336,685 times
It's going to be fun having them as the First Family.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,326,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Considering he has a history of re-tweeting comments from avowedly antisemitic sites, it's a pretty fair bet to say it was both a Holocaust reference and a dog whistle to that contingent among the Trump supporters.
In all fairness, he does that out of stupidity. There is a reason Trump is infatuated with Ivanka. The sons are dunces.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:44 AM

20,502 posts, read 12,439,977 times
its so wonderful seeing Progs being progs.

For those of you that aren't PROGS you need to understand that if you don't get in line and do as you are told, they will hunt you down like the vermin they think you are.

and no, your children are not safe with Progs on the prowl.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:14 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,664,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
its so wonderful seeing Progs being progs.

For those of you that aren't PROGS you need to understand that if you don't get in line and do as you are told, they will hunt you down like the vermin they think you are.

and no, your children are not safe with Progs on the prowl.
I think we're discussing their qualifications on the campaign trail, not concocting a scheme to kidnap and eat them.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:29 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,872,310 times
On Invanka, maybe she was just having a bad day. I do agree that she just may be tiring of the press. Also, didn't she just have a baby? I know I was not really myself after having my children until they weaned from breastfeeding. The hormones really do a number on you and she may not have liked the reporter.

On Don Jr., I think he did let the cat out of the bag with those comments about his dad's tax return being long and difficult. However, if that is the case Trump Sr., lied about his reasons to not release them. Also, I'm sure Romney's was just as complicated and he did release his tax returns.

IMO Donald is not releasing his because he's not as rich as he says he is and they will show he is exaggerating. I also do believe like the author of the third article that he doesn't give anything to charity like he says and that he seeks to get every tax cut that he can, similar to most Americans IMO who know how to cut corners. I do think though that he just is not as wealthy as he claims. I think he claims his wealth from the appraised value of his real estate but many times you cannot sell a property for the same amount that it appraises for and so his actual net worth is probably less than he reports.

Honestly, I do think that him not releasing the returns is sneaky and sheisty and I don't understand why all of you who are his supporters don't advocate for him to release them. It is very suspicious IMO.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:04 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,235,829 times
So... why are we supposed to care what his kids do? I mean, I guess there was talk about Ivanka getting a cabinet position, continuing the Trump trend of gunning for political offices they are in no way qualified to hold. But her messing up doesn't really seem relevant to Trump's candidacy. As for his son, the Holocaust comment was just dumb and possible evidence the arrogance is indeed hereditary, but again, what does that really mean as far as voting for Trump? Same with the audit comment, which is more speculation than substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
The only person I can see who is having a bad day is emm74.

Oz just read Trump's medical records aloud, live, on TV. Seems old Trump is fit as a fiddle.

you: /fail.
Unrelated, but "Dr." Oz is a fraud so I could give two ****s what the says. And frankly, I could give two ****s about people who think what he says matters.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:06 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,326,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
So... why are we supposed to care what his kids do? I mean, I guess there was talk about Ivanka getting a cabinet position, continuing the Trump trend of gunning for political offices they are in no way qualified to hold. But her messing up doesn't really seem relevant to Trump's candidacy. As for his son, the Holocaust comment was just dumb and possible evidence the arrogance is indeed hereditary, but again, what does that really mean as far as voting for Trump? Same with the audit comment, which is more speculation than substance.

Unrelated, but "Dr." Oz is a fraud so I could give two ****s what the says. And frankly, I could give two ****s about people who think what he says matters.
They are official surrogates speaking on behalf of the campaign. In fact the entire child care program was Ivanka's doing - Donnie never even mentioned it before she started talking about it at the convention.

As they are put in the position of speaking for the campaign, then what they say reflects upon the campaign.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:12 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,235,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
They are official surrogates speaking on behalf of the campaign. In fact the entire child care program was Ivanka's doing - Donnie never even mentioned it before she started talking about it at the convention.

As they are put in the position of speaking for the campaign, then what they say reflects upon the campaign.
Ok, that's a fair point, but do their mistakes represent anything more than just their mistakes?

I also don't think that either Donald nor Ivanka were actually the masterminds behind the child care program. Likely, a think tank came up with it, got it approved by Don, then they decided a good strategy would be to have his daughter present the idea because it makes him look like a family man.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:15 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,260,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

You don't read the news! Obama was just caught selling cushy government jobs and ambassadorships to the highest bidders: https://lockerdome.com/federalistpap...92930526794260. Thanks to Guccifer 2.0. Then you combine that mess with the already released Hillary emails that predominantly talk about 'pay to play'. The only qualification for the Democrats is how good a job you can afford! I do think the Republicans also have their problems - but it doesn't look as bad as the liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies