Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black people receive reparations?
Yes 11 6.59%
No 154 92.22%
I don't know 2 1.20%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 03:48 PM

2,494 posts, read 1,472,603 times

Advertisements

I want to know how many of you here feel about black people receiving reparations. I look at how many other groups who were wronged in this nation throughout history and it seems everyone of those groups received payments for their hardships. Native Americans received and are still receiving benefits every year. The Japanese who were interned during WWII received payments. Holocaust survivors in this country have received payments, and the US didn't even cause their hardships. (By the way, Germany has given reparations to the Jewish people)

Everybody received something to help them, except black people. I use to think Native Americans had it worse or as equally bad as black folk, but after looking at history, I couldn't have been more wrong. In fact, Native Americans participated and maintained slavery of black people. The "Civilized" native tribes held onto their slaves a year after the war was over, and it took a treaty and payment for them to finally let go. Let me repeat that, they received PAYMENT to finally let their slaves go. (By the way, some or most white slave owners also received payments for their loss of slaves.) So I no longer feel nothing for the plight of Native Americans other than for anyone who is suffering, no matter their race, I feel sorry for the person and would ideally want to help them.

In conclusion, black people deserve reparations today because absolutely nothing was done to help the former slaves. Not only were they left to their own devices to somehow magically make a living with nothing but the clothes on their back, but they were terrorized for over a hundred years, if not till this day for many. Think about this, around 28% of the total population of black people live in poverty. Around 46% of all black children, ALL, live in poverty. That is almost half folks!!!!!!!!! Does that ring any dang bells for ya? In comparison, white people make up 62% (77% if you include people who want to identify as white), and yet out of all white folks, only 9% live in poverty. What these numbers indicate is black people are only 2 million people short from having a third of their population being in poverty, in spite of living in the richest nation in the world. White people are 47 million people away from a third of their population being in poverty. These are true numbers people, you can do them yourself.

Now, are all these problems facing black people their fault? If it's not, then why are people against the only conscious thing to do in giving reparations? Black people are the most patriotic and loyal people in this country. How can they not after fighting for the nation in spite of real persecution? I've made a poll with this thread to see where everyone is at on this subject.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:52 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,139,653 times
They already have. Welfare free housing WIC Medicaid.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Even if I were to play the game and say those things are reparations, everyone receives them. Don't you know white people make up the most people who are on those things?

Old 09-19-2016, 03:53 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,969,455 times
Blacks did receive reparations. They are called EBT, public housing, WIC, welfare, the NFL/NBA and the rap industry.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:55 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,244,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Exactly. They've had 50 years of welfare, housing assistance, food stamps, preferential job hiring, preferential college admissions and a dozen other benefits targetting them. They've received TRILLIONS in payments.

8,275 posts, read 7,969,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Even if I were to play the game and say those things are reparations, everyone receives those. Don't you know white people make up the most people who are on those things?
Whites are statistically under-represented on government programs on a per capita basis while blacks are over-represented.

36,853 posts, read 17,423,028 times
Go ahead and donate OP. The SJWs are behind ya!

Old 09-19-2016, 03:56 PM

I didn't realize how many racists are on this forum. It's the only explanation for why so many are even opposed to the thought of reparations.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Whites are statistically under-represented on government programs on a per capita basis while blacks are over-represented.
Seeing as how almost a third of our population is living in poverty, I can believe your point.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:59 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,139,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Even if I were to play the game and say those things are reparations, everyone receives them. Don't you know white people make up the most people who are on those things?

You do know arabs started slavery right? They enslaved whites and blacks. Blacks sold blacks to whites. Even blacks had slaves. Only 4% of Americans had slaves.

Get over it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies