Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 08:12 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times

Advertisements

Just a question: What would prevent someone from driving over to Arizona and buying all the ammo they want? There's no background checks for ammunition in Arizona.

Proposition 63 would add to the state’s already robust gun control laws - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 08:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Just a question: What would prevent someone from driving over to Arizona and buying all the ammo they want? There's no background checks for ammunition in Arizona.

Proposition 63 would add to the state’s already robust gun control laws - LA Times

Sounds like a business adventure.

Private resale of ammo. From home to home, no store involved.
I can have ammo shipped directly to my door, in unlimited quantity.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:21 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
I guess there would be the risk of getting pulled over on the way back. I've heard of short-term holiday stings for people bringing in illegal fireworks from across the state line.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
sounds like the rest of New England buying booze at New Hampshire's government owned Liquor stores and smuggling back to their homes. The savings can be substantial if you buy in case load lots. So I ask the rest of New Englanders to help our small state by buying booze here and drinking it at home. AFTER THEY GET OUT OF THEIR CARS.

Now back to the OP. The real problem is not with the tool (guns of varying types) but with the tool user. Bureaucrats find it much easier to regulate the tool than the users. Many people own and practice with all manner of guns without harming anyone. Why should these people be punished for their sport? The problem is the few people that will use violence, including all manner of guns, knives and, most likely axes, to hurt unarmed strangers. These people can and will attack peaceful people anywhere from a shopping mall to a church service.

IMHO the most difficult part of our current situation is we have lost the expectation that attending church, dancing at a club or shopping at a mall will be a secure and peaceful activity. This is no longer true. So what do we, as a society, do about it and how do we return the lost tranquility?

Should we monitor everyone for signs of murderous desire due to everything from sexual frustration to religious zeal? Do we hire enough police to try and protect all of us everywhere? Do we forbid people from gathering in large groups so there will be no targets for terrorist criminals?

I suggest that, in the meantime before society figures out another way of protecting people, we, as individuals, learn to protect ourselves. That will not be easy but it is simpler than anything else I have seen or heard.

BE AWARE, BE ALERT, BE ARMED.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Just reload your own. And lee your mouth shut.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
So, from my understanding, they want to make it harder for law abiding citizens to hunt and/or protect themselves.

Will the 10 bullet limit apply to the secret service when Obama goes to California?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies