Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 05:54 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Every situation that pose a challenge does need to be met with opposition.

America has a terrible history of Police and Black people.
America has a terrible history of Blacks committing a grossly disproportionate amount of crimes.

FBI's crime statistics:

Blacks are just 13% of the population, but commit:

51.3% of all murders and manslaughters
29.9% of all rapes
55.9% of all robberies
33.1% of all aggravated assaults
30.2% of all burglaries
28% of all larceny-thefts
30.7% of all motor vehicle thefts
23.4% of all arsons
34% of all forgeries and counterfeitings
35.6% of all embezzlements
40.7% of all weapons violations
41.8% of all prostitution and commercialized vice
Etc.

ALL WELL OVER 13%.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ables/table-43

Should the police just stand down and let this happen and even escalate?

Old 09-22-2016, 05:58 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The answer is it MUST be drilled into police officers head that you do not pull a gun on someone exercising their Constitutional rights or its going to result in you getting fired.

People would be less confrontational if they knew that they had a legitimate outlet to get things addressed. That it wouldn't get buried like they did in Baltimore.
Any 'legitimate outlet' is hanging onto a weapon when the officer tells you to drop it! 'Constitutional rights', words, don't mean anything at that point in time. You obey and you live; don't comply and you die. That is how the system works. This isn't debatable.

I have heard people argue that our officers should have better non-lethal means to subdue armed people. But, if somebody can kill you in a split second; there is no better way to stop them than to use lethal force to stop them. Tasers will not guarantee the safety of our officers.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So any black person seen brandishing a weapon is off limits to police officers, because in your words, they are busy "exercising their constitutional rights".

You are joking, right?
I understand why you don't want to address what I said.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
oh, ok,

no words
No doubt.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Any 'legitimate outlet' is not hanging onto a weapon when the officer tells you to drop it! 'Constitutional rights', words, don't mean anything at that point in time. You obey and you live; don't comply and you die. That is how the system works. This isn't debatable.
They do and it is. You are defending the police breaking the law. The desire is to end the killing. More and more places are acknowledging our rights to carry a gun. If the police insist in ignoring that right people on both sides are going to get killed.

Quote:
I have heard people argue that our officers should have better non-lethal means to subdue armed people. But, if somebody can kill you in a split second; there is no better way to stop them than to use lethal force to stop them. Tasers will not guarantee the safety of our officers.
It all depends on why they are armed. There is a difference in being in the act of committing a crime and exercising your rights..

Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
So any black person seen brandishing a weapon is off limits to police officers, because in your words, they are busy "exercising their constitutional rights".

You are joking, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I understand why you don't want to address what I said.
It is actually you who apparently doesn't want to address what I said. Project much?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah and as someone else pointed out, cops don't go on calls, and shoot people b/c that was their agenda for the day...yeah right, they're going to "Jeopardize" loosing their jobs, their pensions, their good standing, their everything, to go out and shoot someone?

I don't think people are using the Brains that God gave them to think with?
No one said it was their 'agenda' to kill black people. However, it does seem to happen with some regularity.

Many people, including police, are instinctively afraid when they see a big, black man. It's not necessarily even a conscious thing.

It just happens.

It is a policing issue, a community issue, and a race issue - all wrapped up together.

It can be addressed and should be addressed by all of the above.

Even Trump thinks the Tulsa shooting was . . . . disturbing. And he is the 'law and order' candidate after all.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
America has a terrible history of Blacks committing a grossly disproportionate amount of crimes.

FBI's crime statistics:

Blacks are just 13% of the population, but commit:

51.3% of all murders and manslaughters
29.9% of all rapes
55.9% of all robberies
33.1% of all aggravated assaults
30.2% of all burglaries
28% of all larceny-thefts
30.7% of all motor vehicle thefts
23.4% of all arsons
34% of all forgeries and counterfeitings
35.6% of all embezzlements
40.7% of all weapons violations
41.8% of all prostitution and commercialized vice
Etc.

ALL WELL OVER 13%.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ables/table-43

Should the police just stand down and let this happen and even escalate?
As usual you COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT OF THE POSTED COMMENT. you want to do your spin, that has not solved a darn thing. Get Real, Think solutions, not finger pointing, you have helped absolutely nothing but yourself to spew your slant angle as you usually do. I've already dealt with you and your %'s in another post, so I won't waste time again doing so. You learned or gained absolutely nothing.... so, no time to waste with you on it.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:17 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
As usual you COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT OF THE POSTED COMMENT.
There IS no missed point. Your posts clearly advocate for letting Blacks continue to commit a disproportionate amount of crimes, and while doing so, have the police stand down because the perps are Black.

Who do you think is going to agree with that?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
It is actually you who apparently doesn't want to address what I said. Project much?
You want to make this about race. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies