Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 09:35 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Not even black people in the inner city would "rise up" for a "race war." As stated, black people on the whole are not stupid. Black people are not the ones always bringing up a "race war." It is white nationalist who are itching to kill black people, not the other way around.

Congratulations on such original material since I do not see a single source for this claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:40 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Charlotte Enters a State of Emergency after 2nd night of rioting

I mean it's pretty clear that white and black people just cannot f*cking get along, so when does the fighting start? When do we get to expose to the world how messed up our race relations are? I just wanna get this overwith.

What's funny too is that if white people took a minute to sit down and listen to the black community and actually take them at their damn word like one human being should do to another they wouldn't be so pissed off and we wouldn't have people going nuts.

What's also funny is if looters stopped f*cking it up for the peaceful protesters and actually were condemned for their actions then maybe BLM would look like less of a sham to so many people.

All it takes is a serious, rational conversation between black and white communities in every city, county, and state. That's it. But nobody will talk.

This is easy enough to solve, but y'all wanna do it the hard way, so let's get started already. This is some bullsh*t.

Every great empire ends because of infighting. Looks like it's our turn now.
The race war started eight years ago when obama was sworn in. Since that time he has done everything in his power to promote a division between the races.
One of his very few success'

Old 09-22-2016, 09:41 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
We have a president that went to a black power , hate white church for 20 years. Obama is a radical. Thinks and acts with radical words against the police many times over. It is understandable being that Obama has turned race relations back 50 years.

Obama didn't want to make life better for blacks. Obama wanted to make blacks miserable so he could create civil unrest. Obama never addressed any problems in the black community. Obama spent more time on the golf course.

Obama is a man who wants blacks to suffer so they will riot . I wish blacks would wake up to see Obama cares more about his legacy than black people. He was never a black president for the black people. He was anti-American and a divider from the beginning. His vision is to punish Americans for their history and cares more about other nations than his own people.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:46 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I've lived all over this country. I have not seen these major race issues that you talk about. There is always going to be a certain section of society that's very racially focused, but you won't find these people from day to day. For the most part, the drive for money, business, and common interest has seem to have brought people a lot closer together than drove them apart. Some of the best neighborhoods in most major cities are heavily transient multi racial neighborhoods where no particular racial group dominates the area. These are considered some of the most desirable neighborhoods in most cities. And that is for a reason, people with money want to be with other people with money. After awhile, you think in terms of utility, and their is no utility in race.
Just because you dont see it among a certain small class and in a gentrified area doesnt mean it doesnt exist, I live in a very multicultural downtown neighborhood with a ton of white and multiracial young people as well and its very mixed and very gentrified but less than 8 blocks away its not like that at all. gentrification hasnt done anything but move problems farther away from the cites core but they are still there

police deal with housing projects and inner city social dysfunction and the permanent underclass on a daily basis, this whole gentrification and move back to the cities is an illusion. uptown charlotte has been one of the most booming areas in the country, but they just brought the riots to parts of the city that are more prosperous. If it can happen in a prosperous sunbelt city like Charlotte it could happen anywhere

LA,Bay area,Brooklyn,Manhattan,Chicago,DC,Miami,etc

Old 09-22-2016, 09:50 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
How can people enter the real world when it is only filled with "I this, I that, I have blacks friends therefore no racism exists"?

That is the problem with you people. Yes, I call my people savages, the low IQ ones, but that doesn't mean that pre-judgment does not occur. Or that white officers, who have been exposed to violence and crime in these cities, don't turn into delinquents themselves. The city doesn't care for them so they don't care for the communities they police..

You my friend, are not living the real world... You are probably the type to say that you "see no color". And that all cultures are the same and that nobody has any distinct character traits, traditions, customs, or values.... Yeah, I see no color my A...
I know what I see first and it is not color. It is their character. What kind of person they are by their beliefs and their words and actions. That defines a person , not their color.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:56 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Charlotte Enters a State of Emergency after 2nd night of rioting

I mean it's pretty clear that white and black people just cannot f*cking get along, so when does the fighting start? When do we get to expose to the world how messed up our race relations are? I just wanna get this overwith.

What's funny too is that if white people took a minute to sit down and listen to the black community and actually take them at their damn word like one human being should do to another they wouldn't be so pissed off and we wouldn't have people going nuts.

What's also funny is if looters stopped f*cking it up for the peaceful protesters and actually were condemned for their actions then maybe BLM would look like less of a sham to so many people.

All it takes is a serious, rational conversation between black and white communities in every city, county, and state. That's it. But nobody will talk.

This is easy enough to solve, but y'all wanna do it the hard way, so let's get started already. This is some bullsh*t.

Every great empire ends because of infighting. Looks like it's our turn now.
People do get along. Turn off your tv, get a life and stop with the faux outrage as if you care.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:04 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Oh, please.

It's NOT white nationalists who riot, vandalize, and loot.
I didn't say they did. I said they are the ones who are always talking about an impending "race war." Also that they go into black neighborhoods with large weapons in open carry states and try to intimidate/incite violence with black people.

Mostly only white sports fans riot, vandalize and loot today but they also don't bring up starting "race wars."

Old 09-22-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Congratulations on such original material since I do not see a single source for this claim.
LOL, take it up with the OP who also did not provide any "source" for when the race war will supposedly begin.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:11 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Just because you dont see it among a certain small class and in a gentrified area doesnt mean it doesnt exist, I live in a very multicultural downtown neighborhood with a ton of white and multiracial young people as well and its very mixed and very gentrified but less than 8 blocks away its not like that at all. gentrification hasnt done anything but move problems farther away from the cites core but they are still there

police deal with housing projects and inner city social dysfunction and the permanent underclass on a daily basis, this whole gentrification and move back to the cities is an illusion. uptown charlotte has been one of the most booming areas in the country, but they just brought the riots to parts of the city that are more prosperous. If it can happen in a prosperous sunbelt city like Charlotte it could happen anywhere

LA,Bay area,Brooklyn,Manhattan,Chicago,DC,Miami,etc

It won't happen in any of these cities. Black and white people in these cities are too busy making money to worry about a "race war". Why fight in a war about something stupid like race, when you can be making money instead. The only people who have unbreakable resolve about race are people with nothing better to do with their time. This is why race war is pretty much a huge deal for white nationalist and broke black people because they have way too much time on their hands, and probably don't have the ability to actually be productive. The only place where you see rioting is in places where black people really don't have anything to do, like most midwestern cities where black people are mostly broke. black people in Chicago aren't thinking about a race war, because most people no in the streets actually make money. And the same is even more true for NYC.

I see it in Philly all of the time. most people in the city, black or white are pretty broke, so you hear the race talk a lot around these parts. But when I got to my user groups and workshops, no one talk about race war nonsense, because you actually have people focused on doing something productive.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
It won't happen in any of these cities. Black and white people in these cities are too busy making money to worry about a "race war". Why fight in a war about something stupid like race, when you can be making money instead. The only people who have unbreakable resolve about race are people with nothing better to do with their time. This is why race war is pretty much a huge deal for white nationalist and broke black people because they have way too much time on their hands, and probably don't have the ability to actually be productive. The only place where you see rioting is in places where black people really don't have anything to do, like most midwestern cities where black people are mostly broke. black people in Chicago aren't thinking about a race war, because most people no in the streets actually make money. And the same is even more true for NYC.

I see it in Philly all of the time. most people in the city, black or white are pretty broke, so you hear the race talk a lot around these parts. But when I got to my user groups and workshops, no one talk about race war nonsense, because you actually have people focused on doing something productive.

The bold is odd since you said that riots break out in Midwestern cities then mentioned it won't happen in Chicago, which is a Midwestern city.

I'll also note that I don't keep up with riots. They really aren't my concern, but as far as I remember, there has only been one that can be considered to have occurred in the Midwest (and that is debatable) and that was Ferguson, which many consider the St. Louis area to be more "southern" in the Midwest.

Others that I remember are Baltimore, currently Charlotte, and Baton Rouge. None of them are in the Midwest.

I do agree though that it is more likely to occur in lower income areas and that most black people period are not interested in rioting. I'll also note that it is suspicious IMO that the riots usually follow a peaceful protest and IMO I am of the belief that there may be infiltrators involved such as what occurred with the original Black Panther Party, but that is just my crazy conspiracy thought about the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies