Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM

39 posts, read 20,867 times

Advertisements

**Full disclosure.....I support Trump and will be voting for him.**

I'm a firm believer that most of us really don't care for the notion of democracy. We support the candidates that mirror our beliefs only, and we are mostly annoyed by the beliefs of others. If your candidate supports your beliefs, regardless of their executive style...you'll probably support them. Likewise if a candidate "mostly" supports your beliefs but shows a willingness to compromise...we dislike that as well.

Trump is stylistically a dictator which is why he admires the leadership style of Sisi in Egypt and Putin in Russia. They are dictators....the Russians and Egyptians that happen to ideologically line up with Putin and Sisi don't mind their dictatorial style because they mirror their personal beliefs. Americans that ideologically line up with Trump, most likely wouldn't mind the dictatorial style of Trump and his aggressive nature against those that don't agree with him. Trump hates those that disagree with him...as do most of us. Whether we're willing to admit it or not.

I'm posting this thread as more of a commentary on executive styles and our willingness to be "lead" as long as we agree with the central tenants of the leader as opposed to an endorsement of Trump or Clinton. Do you agree? Disagree? Do most people prefer the vacillations of a leader willing to bend or a strong-willed "dictator" style leader?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 08:39 AM

8,401 posts, read 6,502,358 times
The Communist in power now is the dictator with his illegal executive orders.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:42 AM

18,474 posts, read 7,134,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver_Husker View Post

I'm a firm believer that most of us really don't care for the notion of democracy. We support the candidates that mirror our beliefs only, and we are mostly annoyed by the beliefs of others. If your candidate supports your beliefs, regardless of their executive style...you'll probably support them. Likewise if a candidate "mostly" supports your beliefs but shows a willingness to compromise...we dislike that as well.

Trump is stylistically a dictator which is why he admires the leadership style of Sisi in Egypt and Putin in Russia. They are dictators....the Russians and Egyptians that happen to ideologically line up with Putin and Sisi don't mind their dictatorial style because they mirror their personal beliefs. Americans that ideologically line up with Trump, most likely wouldn't mind the dictatorial style of Trump and his aggressive nature against those that don't agree with him. Trump hates those that disagree with him...as do most of us. Whether we're willing to admit it or not.

I'm posting this thread as more of a commentary on executive styles and our willingness to be "lead" as long as we agree with the central tenants of the leader as opposed to an endorsement of Trump or Clinton. Do you agree? Disagree? Do most people prefer the vacillations of a leader willing to bend or a strong-willed "dictator" style leader?

Trump a Dictator?

Not likely.

Even if elected he will probably face massive gridlock in the House and Senate.

Electing Trump does two things for the GOP.

1. (Hopefully) Helps protect the balance of the supreme court.

2. Buys the GOP time to regroup while Hillary's health continues to degrade, making a second run in four years unlikely.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The Communist in power now is the dictator with his illegal executive orders.
I disagree with Obama ideologically, but I don't see him as a Dictator. He's not strong enough. Dictator's aren't passive and whiny...they're proud and aggressive.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:45 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,295,888 times
I think at some level it's mostly tribal. Here's a quote of a post I made during Primary season, on the rise of Sanders and Trump:
Quote:
It’s TRIBAL – supporters of each, deep down, enjoy the idea that THEIR GUY is gonna KILL their enemies (immigrants / latinos / muslims / pro-choicers / trade partners / political donors / military weaklings for Trump supporters, “Wall St” / corporations / rich people / gun owners / “the man” / SuperPACS / military hawks for Sanders supporters). This is arguably the case for any cause or candidate to at least a small extent, but it is inarguably a large portion of the appeal of these two and their very successful campaigns.

It’s AUTHORITARIAN – supporters of each, deep down, enjoy the idea that “BIG DADDY” exists and will come in and make everything RIGHT. It’s the idea that an adult, an authority figure, finally, can fix things, that with enough strength and control and government expansion most things can be coated with a paint of idealism, if we just hand over enough responsibility for our own decisions and well-being to some benevolent charicature.

It’s DUMB – supporters of each, deep down, do NOT understand economics nor do they WANT to understand economics, they just like the extremely simplistic and simple-minded and cartoonishly WRONG “go get ‘em” pandering of each candidate. Economics is a science, and science is HARD. Better to trust platitudes and dogma and the package deal of opinions that comes with these ideologies of grade-school-level BELIEF than to actually have to THINK and accept that reality is far more complex and nuanced and not necessarily inherently fixable.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Trump a Dictator?

Not likely.

Even if elected he will probably face massive gridlock in the House and Senate.

Electing Trump does two things for the GOP.

1. (Hopefully) Helps protect the balance of the supreme court.

2. Buys the GOP time to regroup while Hillary's health continues to degrade, making a second run in four years unlikely.
It's important to differentiate between tyrannically dictatorship and the general leadership styles that people attribute to being a "dictator" type. Trump obviously won't have freedom to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. However, Trump will likely use more executive actions than Obama and Bush combined. He'll view Congress as an obstacle as opposed to the correct channel to pass legislation.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:46 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,873,317 times
Quote:

I politely disagree with your statement other than your statement that you will vote for Trump!

Old 09-23-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I politely disagree with your statement other than your statement that you will vote for Trump!
I think Trump is without question a dictatorial style person. I just happen to agree with his positions...so I'm happy that he has that mentality. It's encouraging and unwavering, which I appreciate. That was the point of my thread. People don't like the notion of democracy or compromise....they like leaders that enforce their will unwaveringly.

But, it's typical of the people that plague CD to throw out troll labels if you disagree with someone...the lowest common denominator(s) strike again.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,978,711 times
Quote:

I think what Trump is getting at, is if we take out all the world leaders than it will be America who has to take care of all those countries. I don't think he wants America ran like Russia or that Putin is some golden god. Its just he has control of the people who would want to take him out and rule the country in the way ISIS does. Look what we have by taking out Saddam, Qaddafi and Mubarak, it is not working out well for us or our military that our leaders have sent to fight a war that is not ours. Although, President Bush is responsible for starting it.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:27 AM

47,053 posts, read 26,158,314 times
Remarkably honest, OP.

Quote:
Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies