Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 03:57 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
As a democrat I admit that Hillary lies, covers up the truth, is power hungry, and is immoral (I heard a recording of attorney Hillary Clinton laughing/bragging about getting a pedophile rapist proven innocent in court.)

And I could say similar things about Donald Trump, but whats the point?

Washington politics is about voting for the lesser of 2 evils. And politics is about deficits, debt, spending, and America's future (not the social lies our politicians say.)

The bottom line is Hillary Clinton is better for the future of the United States of America compared to Donald Trump (and I could care less about the social lies our politicians say, I am concerned about the deficits, debt, and spending.)
I asked that people not bring Trump, Bush, or Lincoln into this discussion (i.e. Lincoln was tongue in cheek to cover all Republicans in between).

HOWEVER, since you act as if the deficit is your biggest concern with Trump vs. Hillary, one wonders if you voted for Obama X2, considering he raised out debt more than all other presidents combined?
If you did, it is just another example of voting party over the best interest of the country.
More importantly, Hillary wants to carry on with most of Obama's plans which are not only fiscally unsound, but the polar opposite of what her own Husband did back in the 90's.
How do you then fit that square peg into the round hole?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-01-2016 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 05:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I asked that people not bring Trump, Bush, or Lincoln into this discussion (i.e. Lincoln was tongue in cheek to cover all Republicans in between).

HOWEVER, since you act as if the deficit is your biggest concern with Trump vs. Hillary, one wonders if you voted for Obama X2, considering he raised out debt more than all other presidents combined?
FYI: It's congress that does the budgeting and spending, not the executive branch. The deficit belongs mostly to the GOP, with the Dems sharing in the blame.

Quote:
If you did, it is just another example of voting party over the best interest of the country.
More importantly, Hillary wants to carry on with most of Obama's plans which are not only fiscally unsound, but the polar opposite of what her own Husband did back in the 90's.
How do you then fit that square peg into the round hole?
Hillary doesn't want to follow Drumpf's plan to return the failed GOP mantra of "tax cuts. trickle-down/deregulation" that gave us the Great Recession.

That's a good move.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:04 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
FYI: It's congress that does the budgeting and spending, not the executive branch. The deficit belongs mostly to the GOP, with the Dems sharing in the blame.

Hillary doesn't want to follow Drumpf's plan to return the failed GOP mantra of "tax cuts. trickle-down/deregulation" that gave us the Great Recession.

That's a good move.

"It's congress that does the budgeting and spending, not the executive branch."

How many times do we have to through this?

The PRESIDENT HAS TO SIGN THE BUDGET BEFORE IT BECOMES LAW.

Congress can pass a million Budgets and they are useless UNTIL it is signed by the President.

Congress does NO SPENDING. They AUTHORIZE IT and the President as the CHIEF EXECUTIVE administers it.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:38 AM

550 posts, read 368,767 times
chad3 - if it's Republicans stopping Democrats from taxing billionaires, why didn't Democrats change the laws and eliminate the tax loopholes for Wall Street hedge fund operators when they controlled both houses of Congress and the White House?

Why hasn't the Obama administration prosecuted any of the hedge fund operators who helped cause the financial meltdown?
Sending a Wall Streeter to prison or even just putting them through a trial would do more to straighten spines than any of the silly submit more paperwork laws the Democrats did pass.

Also, Democratic Senator Dodd decided not to run for re-election after it came out that his Dodd-Frank bill allowed the Wall Streeters to keep their fabulous bonuses and he got dinged in the media.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:11 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
I would note thus far that most replies attempting to defend Hillary boil down to her not technically breaking the exact meaning of the law, even if she broke the spirit of the law.
I disagree with her not breaking any laws, as multiple prosecutors have come out and said they would have indicted and been able to convict.
It is folly to think Comey could try to split the baby by essentially saying she did XYZ, but no reasonable prosecutor would indict her because of the lack of intent. Crime itself rarely needs intent, as that goes more toward sentencing rather than an initial arrest. Furthermore, if that is the new standard established by the top law enforcement agency, then us little people should be able to use the same excuse for most crimes. Heck, I've hit people pretty hard in a fight back in the day, not intending to kill them. I would have assumed if someone died, I'd still be charged with something, even involuntary manslaughter. But now days, the LE agency should say no reasonable prosecutor would indict me because I didn't have the intent to kill, therefore I get a public admonishment, and move on with my life.
I guess if I were worried that may not work, I could have my spouse meet on a airfield with the top LE person to talk about grandkids and the like, to make sure I wasn't going to face the consequences of my actions.

Additionally, would note that hardly any of the replies have addressed her repeated lies in the second video. I understand why, because it is indefensible.
There is little doubt she does not take the attitude a former Democrat use to by saying "The Buck Stops Here". Truman was a different breed of Democrat, that is for sure.
She does at times say, "I take responsibility for it", but what does that mean exactly?
Taking responsibility means paying a price, whether it is pleasant or not. So when she says this, it comes across as saying "my bad, but I've moved on".

Old 09-30-2016, 10:01 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Please list any charges ever filed vs Hillary after the many "investigations" costing so many millions of taxpayer dollars over the past 23 years.

In a rational world she would be charged. But Progressives under Obama have totally politicized the DOJ. In other words, they have corrupted the DOJ. The DOJ will do nothing but not because there isn't enough evidence. If Hillary Clinton was a Republican the current DOJ would have her up on every charge in the book.

But you already know this. The problem is that rank Progressives DON'T CARE if the legal system is corrupt as long as they benefit from it.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:16 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
In a rational world she would be charged. But Progressives under Obama have totally politicized the DOJ. In other words, they have corrupted the DOJ. The DOJ will do nothing but not because there isn't enough evidence. If Hillary Clinton was a Republican the current DOJ would have her up on every charge in the book.

But you already know this. The problem is that rank Progressives DON'T CARE if the legal system is corrupt as long as they benefit from it.
" If Hillary Clinton was a Republican the current DOJ would have her up on every charge in the book."

Just look at the Valerie Plame fiasco.

The dems screamed for a Special Prosecutor and goy dem connected with Se. Chuckei Shumer.

The SP KNEW going in who had first revealed her name YER, CONTINUED FOR @ YEARS anyway.

In the end not ONE SINGLE person was charged with outing her.

All they could come up with was Scooter Libby because hew couldn't remember what he had SAID 2 YEARS PRIOR SO HE WAS CHARGED with LYING to the FBI.

Why isn't Hillary charged with lying and where are the outraged dems?

Old 09-30-2016, 10:27 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" If Hillary Clinton was a Republican the current DOJ would have her up on every charge in the book."

Just look at the Valerie Plame fiasco.

The dems screamed for a Special Prosecutor and goy dem connected with Se. Chuckei Shumer.

The SP KNEW going in who had first revealed her name YER, CONTINUED FOR @ YEARS anyway.

In the end not ONE SINGLE person was charged with outing her.

All they could come up with was Scooter Libby because hew couldn't remember what he had SAID 2 YEARS PRIOR SO HE WAS CHARGED with LYING to the FBI.

Why isn't Hillary charged with lying and where are the outraged dems?

Criminal behavior is perfectly fine with Progressives.

Progressives have no principles. They only have goals.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Please list any charges ever filed vs Hillary after the many "investigations" costing so many millions of taxpayer dollars over the past 23 years.

Thanks!

You forgot to mention the dead people who have been involved.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Wink Gimme a break. I'm old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You forgot to mention the dead people who have been involved.

My memory isn't what it used to be...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies