Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 10:49 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Not only is he crazy, he is dangerous.

This is what he said

"America has lost now. I've realigned myself in your ideological flow," he told business leaders in Beijing on Thursday. "And maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to Putin and tell him that there are three of us against the world: China, Philippines and Russia. It's the only way."

I am not naive enough to believe he is American friend. This little thug (and all these little thugs) in the world shouldn't be trusted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 10:54 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
If you want something done right, you do it yourself.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:02 AM

17,343 posts, read 11,285,635 times
It's his country and he was elected. Let him do his job and stop meddling in affairs that are none of our business.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:13 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
People think Duterte is crazy... a psychopath... etc etc... I see a vigilante... someone tired of the corrupt government and police force... I don't think he is crazy, he knows exactly what he is doing and completely aware of the events around him... He isn't a psychopath because he doesn't murder people indiscriminately, he has a focus on drug dealers... His method is definitely harsh, but quite effective... I am not condoning what he does but the only people who have an opinion are really the people who elected him... he's been quite frank to the people of the Philippines, he told them "I am going to kill you" in reference to the drug dealers... I don't understand why people are scapegoating him when it was the will of the people... the people there seem quite happy, Duterte may get another term... I find it odd that liberals want to defend criminals... but the genocide in Rwanda for simply being from another tribe.. the liberals give that a pass...
From article:

Quote:
Speaking at the same forum, Duterte told business leaders he had been using the painkiller fentanyl to relieve severe pain after a "bad slip."
"I have this migraine every day. I had a bad slip ... I hit my head on the cement. I have a lot of issues with my spine," he said on Monday.
This is the stuff Prince got hooked on after being on pain meds for pain resulting from jumping off speakers on high heel boots for years. This stuff I have read is something like 10 x or 20 x more powerful than heroin (which originated as a pharmaceutical drug for pain relief and other ailments too).

I suspect he is a drug addict himself given his choice to inform people of his health problems and justify his opiate drug dependency. But an opiate addict like a lot of white American soccer moms in the upper-middle-classes.

As the late Father Malachi Martin (Catholic priest released from Jesuit vows but still remained a priest) stated in an interview, the older we get it is usually the case the worst we get in our sins, not the better.

I'm under no obligation by Christ to endorse an American view held by either political cults, left or right, in the simple minded USA.

Duterte like Hillary and Podesta (actually, all humans including myself) are sinners. And he will have to answer to the one crucified for our sins for the sins he (Duterte) committed. He may well be given glimpses of repented drug addicts and drug dealers in heaven, whilst he may possibly get damned to hell.

But Duterte is symptomatic response to a problem that was increasingly bubbling in the Philippines that liberals and conservatives in that country wanted to ignore. People get overwhelmed and tired of year after year, decade after decade, of living in dangerous areas and being on guard as potential prey.

The Catholic Church will take a historically beating for this too. Today it is all gravy but the intellectual and moral view will change eventually and Catholics will again go down in history as having supported and birthed forth as fruit from their tree of culture great evil and Nazi-like murders and death squads.

Eventually science--the influence of such--will sway towards my views that drug addiction is a medical issue (spiritual as well involving character issues), like alcoholism, and that criminalizing it and drugs only empowers the lower rungs of society not inclined to become engineers, physicists, teachers, or nurses but rather to seek fast money by exploiting others weaknesses and probably joining criminal organizations.

Not that all drug dealers are terrible or "bad" people. All are not. But there are some very wicked ones among them, just like there are some very wicked people among drug addicts, or police officers.

The Portugal model of decriminalization would have been the better route. Along with reducing politicians pay, increasing police officers pay, and instituting a universal basic income for all citizens of the Philippines.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:07 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
He literally said "I was really looking for an encounter so I could kill". That's pure psychopath.
I don't know if the story is true or not, but I would have to hear it from a much more credible source than CNN to believe it.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:10 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't know if the story is true or not, but I would have to hear it from a much more credible source than CNN to believe it.
Get on the record here: do you believe CNN actually fabricates quotes?

Old 12-14-2016, 12:16 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
We need to drop idealism and return to realism in foreign policy. That means dealing with all kinds of people and not making human rights a priority.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:18 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Get on the record here: do you believe CNN actually fabricates quotes?
I don't believe CNN, or any other source unless I can verify the information.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
People think Duterte is crazy... a psychopath... etc etc... I see a vigilante... someone tired of the corrupt government and police force... I don't think he is crazy, he knows exactly what he is doing and completely aware of the events around him... He isn't a psychopath because he doesn't murder people indiscriminately, he has a focus on drug dealers... His method is definitely harsh, but quite effective... I am not condoning what he does but the only people who have an opinion are really the people who elected him... he's been quite frank to the people of the Philippines, he told them "I am going to kill you" in reference to the drug dealers... I don't understand why people are scapegoating him when it was the will of the people... the people there seem quite happy, Duterte may get another term... I find it odd that liberals want to defend criminals... but the genocide in Rwanda for simply being from another tribe.. the liberals give that a pass...

And just WHAT are Conservatives doing about it?

Old 12-14-2016, 12:23 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Duterte didn't like Obama and Obama totally screwed up the whole Asia pivot strategy. Duterte has high approval ratings from his own people so the US has no business interfering really. Trump has to try and patch up all of the relationships that Obummer messed up. If you google the article Duterte felt disrespected by Obama because Obummer wouldn't talk to him. Obama is an idiot that is terrible at foreign policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies