Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 12:43 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why do people assume that 'I'm not doing anything illegal = shouldn't care that this is happening'?

I'd seriously like to know why people aren't concerned about government intrusion and abuse.

If the government mandated that everyone will now be subject to random home searches without warrants, and all homes would be searched a minimum of once a year, would your attitude be 'I don't care, since I have nothing to hide'?

No. Government violating our Fourth Amendment is a HUGE issues whether you have anything to hide or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
That's funny. I wouldn't do this, but the idea of it is funny.
You are already on their list just for reading it.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:55 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Why do people assume that 'I'm not doing anything illegal = shouldn't care that this is happening'?

I'd seriously like to know why people aren't concerned about government intrusion and abuse.

If the government mandated that everyone will now be subject to random home searches without warrants, and all homes would be searched a minimum of once a year, would your attitude be 'I don't care, since I have nothing to hide'?

Well for me as much as I hate the idea of privacy being invaded, it is just my emails. I don't have anything private in there...it's mainly used for my penny sites so from their point of view I would be really "boring". Plus I don't think we were ever 100 percent immune to the govt searching so this is not a new thing and has probly been going on for years and years.

Looking in my home would be an entirely different story altogether.

Now does that mean I like it? No I don't like the idea of being watched but I'm not scared about it just annoyed.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:59 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
The people who are ok with this are probably against stop and frisk.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The people who are ok with this are probably against stop and frisk.
strange statement. Please explain.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Well for me as much as I hate the idea of privacy being invaded, it is just my emails. I don't have anything private in there...it's mainly used for my penny sites so from their point of view I would be really "boring". Plus I don't think we were ever 100 percent immune to the govt searching so this is not a new thing and has probly been going on for years and years.

Looking in my home would be an entirely different story altogether.

Now does that mean I like it? No I don't like the idea of being watched but I'm not scared about it just annoyed.
No uploaded documents in emails? How about text messages - do you text message? And what about your phone calls?

All of the above are being saved on each of us. Whether you say something boring, exciting, incriminating or not isn't the point. They ARE going into our drawers and rifling through them, by storing all this persona data of ours. It's no different than going into your home.

This is a violation of our rights. I gave no permission for anyone to have access to any of the above. None of us did. They're spying on their own citizens.

NOBODY should be okay with this.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No. Government violating our Fourth Amendment is a HUGE issues whether you have anything to hide or not.
Exactly. I doubt anyone saying they don't have a problem with this would be okay with random searches of their home without a warrant. It's the same thing. They're going through our personal 'stuff' without a warrant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You are already on their list just for reading it.
Anyone posting against this administration online is probably already on their list.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:13 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
This can't be true - Obama promised us that this wasn't happening!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:21 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,933,269 times
Yahoo email has been hacked so many times over the years, I can't believe anyone still uses it. At least Google just scans your email so it can send you ads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies