Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 07:57 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times

Advertisements

I'd really love to know why we are standing on the brink of war with Russia over Syria!
Some have said that our current situation could be even more dangerous than the Cuban Missile Crisis.
As much as I can't stand Trump, it's Obama and Hillary who are saber rattling and pushing this. If Hillary gets in, she will likely make things worse.

I remember the cold war in the 80s and constant worry about two countries armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons going to war.

Why is the medial so silent about this?? They would rather talk about Trump groping women or Kim Kardashian getting robbed!

It's also amazing to me that so many democrats were SO angry and up in arms when we entered into war with Iraq that everyone knew was for B.S. reasons but these same hypocrites stand by and allow Hillary to talk about a no-fly zone over Syria which would effectively mean war with Russia or getting damn close to one.

The stakes here are a lot higher than a needless war with Iraq. They are the possibility of war with Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 08:00 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I'd really love to know why we are standing on the brink of war with Russia over Syria!

'Cuz we made up with Cuba.

Quote:
Some have said that our current situation could be even more dangerous than the Cuban Missile Crisis.
As much as I can't stand Trump, it's Obama and Hillary who are saber rattling and pushing this. If Hillary gets in, she will likely make things worse.

I remember the cold war in the 80s and constant worry about two countries armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons going to war.

Why is the medial so silent about this?? They would rather talk about Trump groping women or Kim Kardashian getting robbed!

It's also amazing to me that so many democrats were SO angry and up in arms when we entered into war with Iraq that everyone knew was for B.S. reasons but these same hypocrites stand by and allow Hillary to talk about a no-fly zone over Syria which would effectively mean war with Russia or getting damn close to one.

The stakes here are a lot higher than a needless war with Iraq. They are the possibility of war with Russia.
Clinton is comparing hand size with Trump. That's all this is.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:00 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Democrats are war hungry maniacs.

They have ruined Libya, supported fascist MB in Egypt, hell bent on removing Assad, supplied weapons to ISIS, and rattling Russia's cage.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:07 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Clinton is comparing hand size with Trump. That's all this is.
I sure hope so.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:11 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:

?
We're not on the "brink of war". Russia directs us to stay out of the way while they bomb civilians and we do it.
Does that sound like a "brink" to you?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:14 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Quote:

I was thinking about this the other day. Back then I didn't like the republicans because I was sure we would have a nuclear war.

And here we are nearly 40 years later...and it's the democrats.

Weird how things are circular, isn't it?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:20 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
?
We're not on the "brink of war". Russia directs us to stay out of the way while they bomb civilians and we do it.
We're always on the brink of war because war has a way of starting unexpectedly. Syria and North Korea are possible ignition points. So is the South China Sea.

Ambiguity often starts wars. One side misinterprets the other. That's a problem in all the current messes. We say something but do another or nothing. Allies get hung out to dry, adversaries grope for the next point of resistance.

We've turned "Speak softly but carry a big stick" on its head.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:24 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,695 times
George Soros and the international banking families want a 1 world government, to accomplish that we are going to have a large war or two. If the citizens of the countries pay the price what do they care? The issue is that so many do not care and are happy voting for Hillary because she will give them free crap and Trump said some bad things that we are heading down the road to accomplishing their goals.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:24 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
So what happens if China, Iran and N. Korea back the Russians? Is the world screwed? Nukes? Could the US fight a war with so many internal conflicts (rather "soft" population that is politically/socially divided)?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:28 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
?
Sure if you ignore everything else that does not sound like the brink of war, but if you realize that at the same time we place bombs on their borders, we arm their enemies, we are interfering with their countries matters, they have let it be known multiple times in the last couple of weeks that they feel war is coming, our SOS, President, and one of the candidates are all blaming them for their issues and threatening them. Yep sounds like the brink to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies