Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:25 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He take money out of your pocket?

Distract from his dismal performance? He was protesting while he rode the bench. That's about as dismal as it gets. He plays for a crappy team. What's he supposed to do about that?

Again, how good he is as a qb has nothing to do with his stated reasons for protesting. I know how so many of you only like your kneegrows as long as they stay mealy mouthed and servile, but you'll just have to get used to a different reality.
LOL sure its all about he black so we hates him. It can't be that the guy is paid big bucks to play a game and he is puzzling and moaning that life aint fair. Raised by whites, given every opportunity and still not happy.
But hey we are all just racists because we don't agree with him. So tell me. Why is allowed to protest because he disagrees with the system, but no one else is allowed to disagree with him? You can't have it both ways. If he can protest people can disagree and challenge him. I'm sorry if it offends him or others.
He plays for a crappy team and he is a crappy Quarterback. There is nothing he can do because he evidently doesn't have the skill to make a difference. Why didn't he protest while he was playing at an acceptable level? I don't know and quite honestly don't care. What I am saying is disagreeing with him or questioning his motives doesn't make me or anyone else a racist. We do have the right to disagree. He could use those big bucks to start businesses that hire blacks only in neighborhoods where they need the help the most.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL sure its all about he black so we hates him. It can't be that the guy is paid big bucks to play a game and he is puzzling and moaning that life aint fair. Raised by whites, given every opportunity and still not happy.
But hey we are all just racists because we don't agree with him. So tell me. Why is allowed to protest because he disagrees with the system, but no one else is allowed to disagree with him? You can't have it both ways. If he can protest people can disagree and challenge him. I'm sorry if it offends him or others.
He plays for a crappy team and he is a crappy Quarterback. There is nothing he can do because he evidently doesn't have the skill to make a difference. Why didn't he protest while he was playing at an acceptable level? I don't know and quite honestly don't care. What I am saying is disagreeing with him or questioning his motives doesn't make me or anyone else a racist. We do have the right to disagree. He could use those big bucks to start businesses that hire blacks only in neighborhoods where they need the help the most.
What does how much he makes have to do with anything? Explain.

Donald Trump is far wealthier, and he's been bytching all year about how bad everything is...and he's supposedly a billionaire. Let him tell it, EVERYTHING in this country sucks, and only he can fix it.

Moreover, what does having white parents have to do with anything? So he's not black because his adoptive parents are white? Or is this yet another case of you being offended because he isn't being grateful enough to ALL you white folks for the care he received from only two white people? Yeah...that's it.

What does his protest have to do with how good of a quarterback he is? How are those things intertwined? He can't pull up his sucky team? Yeah, well neither can Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Jay Cutler. And that's just three guys. The list is much longer.

No one questioned your right to disagree, but disagree with what? You can't disagree that he has the right to protest, so what in the hell are you disagreeing with? You don't even know yourself.

You know and I know that race is what's primarily behind your annoyance with the guy. The guy is supposed to take his money and show you his teeth...but it ain't going down like that. So deal with it and get over your anger.

After all, what choice do you have? He's still gonna get paid more in one game than you make in a few years....probably more.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:39 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,557,509 times
Just take back Sunday and turn that dreck off. Why subsidize freaks?

Old 10-25-2016, 05:21 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,807,770 times
Kaepernick and his buddies may have overplayed their hand and cause the NFL to suffer big financial loses.

Guess who will loose when NFL is starting to loose money!

Not the NFL as they will drop him and his buddies like a rock.

We probably will see some muslim group start yelling about racism or anti muslim sentiment but we are by now so used to that pathetic tactic.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Colin Kaepernick wears Black Panther Shirt to Post-Game Press Conference | Total Pro Sports

He just wants attention. He should learn to throw a football again.
He is a typical spoiled brat who has spent his entire life in the limelight and now realizing he isn't God will do what he can to bring attention to himself. If nothing else, when his career is over, he will become some kind of activest and probably be paid well for it. I wonder how his parents must feel right now? We happen to have a son, also adopted, who was an athlete and yes, went pro; A different sport. When his career was about the end, he took the right road. He acted like a man; of course it was hard to admit he was not the super star he had thought he was. Now, in his early 50s all he says about his life as an athlete, if he had it to do over again he would have handled his talent differently.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Colin Kaepernick wears Black Panther Shirt to Post-Game Press Conference | Total Pro Sports

He just wants attention. He should learn to throw a football again.
He is a typical spoiled brat who has spent his entire life in the limelight and now realizing he isn't God will do what he can to bring attention to himself. If nothing else, when his career is over, he will become some kind of activest and probably be paid well for it. I wonder how his parents must feel right now? We happen to have a son, also adopted, who was an athlete and yes, went pro; A different sport. When his career was about the end, he took the right road. He acted like a man; of course it was hard to admit he was not the super star he had thought he was. Now, in his early 50s all he says about his life as an athlete, if he had it to do over again he would have handled his talent differently. He certainly isn't perfect, but we are proud of him.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Change the channel bro. I know that's hard, but if you don't care about what some sports player says politically, then just turn it off. How hard is that?
that is not the point here; it goes much deeper.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:52 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,557,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0polis View Post
because your average white male cant live without football.

if the 49ers were 5-1 levis stadium would be full. fact.

nobody cares about the anthem thing unless you have no life. if this was a winning team, that stadium would be full.

So.....then why are the ratings down?

Old 10-25-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's the point? Got something against the Black Panthers?
for those who defend he creep; how did you feel when Tim T was displaying his Christiananity on the field? There is a place for everything; CK needs to understand this or be willing to accept his career will be over quicker than he realizes. Off the field is as important as on the field. He isn't handling either well. Of course this might be hard for you to understand.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:42 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,594,511 times
Soon he'll be off the team for his bad performances and blame it on racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies