Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 04:39 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,357,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Unfortunately that is what the girl's father is saying on the news and his Fabebook page.
I'm confused. The link didn't mention a girl or a Facebook page. What the heck is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 04:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Flash mob organized on FB.

200 kids, some as young as 10. 4 arrested.

" Knock out" game

Who the hell assaults a horse?

Cops: Dozens Arrested In Connection With Attacks On Temple Students « CBS Philly

Old 10-24-2016, 04:49 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I'm confused. The link didn't mention a girl or a Facebook page. What the heck is going on?
Victims: One 19-year old girl, two boys roughly the same age, one police officer, and the police horse, which had been punched in the face.
On Monday afternoon, Joe Lauletta said his daughter, Christina, was recuperating well after she was robbed. Lauletta wrote about his daughter's ordeal in a post that has been shared on Facebook more than 2,870 times as of Monday morning.

In the post, Lauletta said that his daughter, a Temple student, and her friends were "badly beaten by a group of 30-40 black teenagers on their way home from the Temple football game."

The incident sent his daughter to the hospital after the group reportedly "held her down and kicked and stomped on her repeatedly."

"It was nasty," he said during an interview Monday afternoon. "They beat her up, pulled her hair... Every part of her was bruised."

According to Lauletta, his daughter and her friends were walking home after leaving the Temple football game early when a group of teenagers "turned a corner and swarmed her."
No matter the race of anyone involved, the behavior was inexcusable.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:55 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,357,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Victims: One 19-year old girl, two boys roughly the same age, one police officer, and the police horse, which had been punched in the face.
On Monday afternoon, Joe Lauletta said his daughter, Christina, was recuperating well after she was robbed. Lauletta wrote about his daughter's ordeal in a post that has been shared on Facebook more than 2,870 times as of Monday morning.

In the post, Lauletta said that his daughter, a Temple student, and her friends were "badly beaten by a group of 30-40 black teenagers on their way home from the Temple football game."

The incident sent his daughter to the hospital after the group reportedly "held her down and kicked and stomped on her repeatedly."

"It was nasty," he said during an interview Monday afternoon. "They beat her up, pulled her hair... Every part of her was bruised."

According to Lauletta, his daughter and her friends were walking home after leaving the Temple football game early when a group of teenagers "turned a corner and swarmed her."
No matter the race of anyone involved, the behavior was inexcusable.
Ah.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Flash mob organized on FB.

200 kids, some as young as 10. 4 arrested.

" Knock out" game

Who the hell assaults a horse?

Cops: Dozens Arrested In Connection With Attacks On Temple Students « CBS Philly
Brain dead hood rats.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:35 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,838,052 times
What exactly does this have to do with student diversity at Temple University. Doesn't look like the attackers were students and we don't know if all of the victims were white or if all the attackers were black. I saw footage of this taken on the street and there was a bunch of chaos with people of all shades....

Guess just another thread to start some racial crap though.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:43 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,284,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

The headline says crowbar, but the article says she beat him in the head with a beer stein. Nice job, Angie!!

Old 10-24-2016, 05:50 PM

15,649 posts, read 10,410,318 times
I feel sorry for the people who were beaten by the mob.* One was hospitalized for her injuries. I hope they catch the vicious teen attackers and put them in prison.

You couldn't get me near Philadelphia these days. It used to be a nice city. Not anymore.

*In one incident, police say a group of three that included two students were assaulted by a group of about 20 juveniles. The trio were kicked, punched, and knocked to the ground. One of the students, Christina Lauletta, was hospitalized at St. Mary’s Hospital, according to her father. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...ts-police.html

Old 10-24-2016, 06:01 PM

15,649 posts, read 10,410,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What exactly does this have to do with student diversity at Temple University. Doesn't look like the attackers were students and we don't know if all of the victims were white or if all the attackers were black. I saw footage of this taken on the street and there was a bunch of chaos with people of all shades....

Guess just another thread to start some racial crap though.

Joe Lauletta
feeling angry.
October 22 at 6:21pm · Holland, PA, United States
·
I spent last night in the ER at St. Mary's HospitaI. I received a call from my daughter Christina after my sons football game. She was crying, I couldn't understand her, my heart dropped, I became scared, I said what is the matter? Dad, I was jumped, I'm beat up pretty bad. Where r u? Temple, they stole my phone. We're heading to the police station. I do not hear from her until she gets to her apartment. Rage is running through my mind the whole time. She said she is getting a ride home and wants to go to St. Mary's. I find out that her and her 2 male friends where badly beaten by a group of 30-40 black teenagers on their way home from the Temple football game. This happened after they got off the subway at Broad and Cecil B Moore. These sick animals held her down and kicked and stomped on her repeatedly. Thank god, the people from the pizza place intervened. They arrested 2 people at the scene. I have not let Christina out of my sight, she is resting. Every part of her body is badly bruised, it makes me cry just thinking about it. No broken bones. If you have children at Temple, tell them to be careful. Please keep Christina Lauletta in your thoughts.

https://www.facebook.com/jlauletta/p...09642993903842

Sounds like a racial, hate crime to me.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
I googled this and found out we have a case of the mainstream media not reporting the races. I found two earlier incidents of attacks by black mobs on white Temple students in the past 3 years.

The local affiliates/mainstream newspapers report the incidents but leave race out. You have to take clues or names in these releases and with a little bit of research you find the races from other sources.

Purely anecdotal but I skimmed thru reddit and found a guy claiming to be a Temple student complaining about lack of information on these instances in real time from the university alert system which is meant to protect students (i.e. Fire at X Hall, traffic accident at Y Street, etc).

Well, if the mainstream media refuses to list the racial identity of the perps I suppose the school isn't going to either even though that defeats the whole purpose of sending out an alert with safety in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies