Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Where do you get this nonsense about Trump voters being uneducated and underemployed?
Pure projection...but, fling it against the wall and hope it sticks.

But, it's more polite than anything that can be said for anyone who thought Hillary pandering to fringe groups who didn't number enough to win was a genius idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 09:36 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
For those that cannot figure out how Trump won, this is much of what I was saying last night and earlier today, and is a very good explanation.

Why Donald Trump Won - Hit & Run : Reason.com
I understand why people voted for Trump, I just don't agree..

Old 12-16-2016, 04:09 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
And sadly, a lot of them still don't get it.

It is all about "keeping a woman out of the WH" to some.
It is all a "whitelash" to others (see Van Jones sorry ass last night)
It all about the resurgence of the KKK to others.
It is about hate and misogyny, and racism, and Islamophobia, Homophobia, etc etc.

It was not anything to do with failed policies and a corrupt person at the top of the ticket.

Even now, the libs still can't take responsibility for anything. It is ALWAYS something else that is to blame and never the reality of the situation.
Trump by far is a better option than Hilary. It had everything to do with policies. Nothing to do with anything you mentioned.

Time to turn off the news propaganda outlets that tell you what to think and start thinking for yourself.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Trump by far is a better option than Hilary. It had everything to do with policies. Nothing to do with anything you mentioned.
Many people didn't vote for Trump in support of Trump but rather a rejection of the other choices.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:05 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
This gets overlooked but I feel the healthcare premium hikes announced in October were a huge financial blow to a lot of middle income working Americans and with Hillary they saw that situation getting worse not better.
Yep. I wondered before the election if something would happen to delay the release of this inforrnation/delay the mailing of packets from insurance companies. My premium only will increase by about $17 per month with a similar policy, but I know.....just from the posts on CD alone....that many people 'got clobbered' by drastic increases large enough to influence the ballot box.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:40 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you want to blame the president for foreign policies, thats fine. But Democrats havent controlled domestic policy since 2010.

The policies you hate are either 2011 Republican polices or 2006 Republican policies.
Stimulus, failed.
Obamacare, failure
Economy, failure
Border policies, epic failure

Shall I go on?

Old 12-16-2016, 06:42 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I didn't vote for Trump either, but I agree with the premise.

"You're nothing but a hateful racist if you don't vote Hillary" isn't a winning message.
Who exactly are you quoting?

Old 12-16-2016, 07:52 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
I didn't vote Trump, but I have family members that did. It wasn't that these issues you list were non issues, it was just that other issues were more important, like healthcare and employment. When you are worried about making a living and getting treatment for a sick child, those other things become less important.

I understand that these issues can become background noise if you are more worried about other things, but if you honestly think you are going to be able to better make a living and get better/cheaper treatment for your child because Trump is in office, I have some land to sell you on the moon. Would it have gotten better with Hillary? Probably not, but I was not a Hillary fan either.

The point is, if you honestly think a billionaire who screws his own workers, and makes his products in another country is suddenly going to be your savior, you have a few screws loose.

Quote:
And at the end of the day they really did not think Trump, despite some interpretations of his rhetoric, would undo civil rights legislation, overturn gay marriage rights or Roe v. Wade or ban Muslims from entering this country. This gets overlooked but I feel the healthcare premium hikes announced in October were a huge financial blow to a lot of middle income working Americans and with Hillary they saw that situation getting worse not better.
Well, he may not do any of that, but regardless of whether he does or not, those who voted for him made it clear that they didn't care if he did.

And again, if you think healthcare premiums are going down because Trump comes into office, then you are very naïve. (Not you specifically of course, but the grand "you" of Trump voters)

Old 12-16-2016, 08:40 AM

575 posts, read 298,921 times
What I dont get is, don't Trump supporters notice that the guy is just a little....mmmm....*NUTS!*. Seriously, Politics and policy aside, he's just plain odd. Fasten your seatbelts. We're in for a wild ride.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:41 AM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
I understand that these issues can become background noise if you are more worried about other things, but if you honestly think you are going to be able to better make a living and get better/cheaper treatment for your child because Trump is in office, I have some land to sell you on the moon. Would it have gotten better with Hillary? Probably not, but I was not a Hillary fan either.

The point is, if you honestly think a billionaire who screws his own workers, and makes his products in another country is suddenly going to be your savior, you have a few screws loose.

Well, he may not do any of that, but regardless of whether he does or not, those who voted for him made it clear that they didn't care if he did.

And again, if you think healthcare premiums are going down because Trump comes into office, then you are very naïve. (Not you specifically of course, but the grand "you" of Trump voters)
Desperate situations call for desperate choices. With Hillary there was ZERO chance of those premiums going down, with Trump maybe 1% but that is better than zero. And please stop saying they didnt care at all about social or civil rights issues, they just weighed the risk of not being able to afford healthcare vs. those civil rights being abolished. My brother in law, who is an engineer for a smaller company went from having decent coverage for his wife and two children that cost him about $2500 per year with premium and out of pocket costs to a situation last year where they were paying well over $12,000 per year with premium and out of pocket to a situation now where his company cannot even offer healthcare and he is forced to purchase a policy on the exchange at an even higher price and his company has completely stopped paying for any of his premium cost. My nephews are looking at college over the next few years and these financial hits will derail their college plans - and we are talking state universities not some high cost private school. It isn't hard to image how pissed off he is at the current administration that said "if you have your great healthcare you can keep that" and with Obama out campaigning hard Hillary they were selling more of the same when she got into office. I'm assuming you aren't facing that situation or your might have had to look at a desperate vote yourself. You can keep insisting that their vote means they don't care about these issues, but that just isn't the truth - my brother in law voted Obama in 2008. And the Democratic Party is completely missing it as well if they refuse to acknowledge the circumstances of these Trump voters - these voters feel like everybody else's civil rights and healthcare benefits are top priority while they are completely marginalized as taxpayers that are expected to foot the bill while they receive nothing in return. And as crazy as it sounds, he was considering Bernie f the DNC hadn't taken away his chances. The billionaire comment was a moot point for them as well, the Clintons are worth over $250M and by a lot of accounts screwed the people that their Foundation was supposed to help (just ask the Haitians), so neither candidate was scoring points on the character scale. One could also say there are a few screws loose voting for a candidate whose judgement was so poor she thought doing business ONLY on an unsecure private server while in a position such as SoS where the whole job revolves around classified information was actually not a bad idea.

Last edited by klaucka; 12-16-2016 at 09:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies