Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 01:13 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,908,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It can easily be utilized as a bullying tool, and I fear school kids will be forming circles around minorities and chant the phrase in their faces.
Who is being bullied? Oh wait... a bullying tool against... Illegals?

Tough, they are illegal, they have no rights in the US because our protections are not for enemy invaders, they are for Americans.

Understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 01:16 PM

89,143 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Welcome to Trumpworld, where hatred of "others" is the new normal.

For some people, not all of us.
How is supporting the prevention of an illegal foreign invasion "hatred?"

And ponder this... Trump voters just sent an IMMIGRANT new First Lady who speaks with a thick foreign accent to the White House. Can't get any more diverse and inclusive than that.

"Xenophobes," my ass.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:15 PM

25,883 posts, read 18,904,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And ponder this... Trump voters just sent an IMMIGRANT new First Lady who speaks with a thick foreign accent to the White House. Can't get any more diverse and inclusive than that.

"Xenophobes," my ass.
That's an extremely good point.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:24 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,047,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How is supporting the prevention of an illegal foreign invasion "hatred?"

"Xenophobes," my ass.
First time I heard this, brilliant!

Old 11-11-2016, 03:29 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,774,629 times
Quote:
Typical projection, from people whose own worldview is infested with hate.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Who is being bullied? Oh wait... a bullying tool against... Illegals?

Tough, they are illegal, they have no rights in the US because our protections are not for enemy invaders, they are for Americans.
I fear it will be used as a bullying tool against any minorities. You think school kids care if you are an illegal latino, or an legal one? I can assure you they would have no idea, and could care less.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:20 PM

63,015 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Usually, kids at the preteen level don't really have a grasp of politics whether it be world or country. What they are doing is echoing what they've heard at home. While illegal immigration is a huge problem for America, teaching our children to be xenophobic bullies is not the answer.
To want the wall built to keep illegal aliens from coming here is teaching our kids to be xenophobic bullies? WTH?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:21 PM

63,015 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:

For some people, not all of us.

Please describe this so-called hatred of "others"?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:26 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
It makes sense to build a wall to people who are presented with the problem for the first time. It's the simplest sounding solution and one that's been employed by humanity since the beginning of time. Obviously these kids haven't had exposure to this controversy or, if they did, there was never mention of anything negative caused by uncontrolled borders. I'd say the administrators/teachers could use this as a teachable moment but I think they are too scared to say anything that might make them sound less than liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies