Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 09:25 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times

Advertisements

POTUS tweeted away after the firing. Sticking his nose where it did not belong.

All he is doing is pushing his lies. While McCabe statement turns out to be true, a political firing of a civil servant. Every time POTUS tweets away about it he is adding to McCabe's case for full reinstatement of his pension.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Dowd's comment early this AM and then his retraction that it was POTUS's reaction just sets the cherry on top for McCabe's suit this morning...I imagine he has been planning for some time his response if fired but having Dowd's statement volunteered to a national reporter just set the cat among the pigeons...

You know Dowd was giving Trump's POV w/his initial crowing of McCabe's firing and the implication it tarnishes the Mueller probe----
No one cares what Dowd the man thinks himself---only that he is the mouthpiece for POTUS--
So someone---likely not Trump but maybe Miller/Kelly/Cobb said "you dumbass--take back the part about that being POTUS's opinion"...

And frankly McCabe MIGHT have deserved punishment since I have read and heard the Inspector doing the investigation and making the recommendation has a quality reputation for not being political/biased...so maybe he did overstep originally or misstate his intent to investigators---

But the speed of the decision to fire before the entire report is released is NOT normal proceedure within the DOJ. Plus, the severity of it compared to similar cases in the past show there was malicious intent on part of Sessions acting for Trump===and keeping his own job secure--Maybe McCabe can use whistleblower protection laws based on what Dowd said

If Sessions had refused to terminate McCabe by Friday which precluded his drawing early retirement pension, Sessions would have been fired himself....and I think anyone who follows the news cycle with Trump's tweets against both men know that is accurate assessment...

The deadline for the firing was set in stone though because how can you "fire" someone who has taken retirement---you can't...
I don't know if this was McCabe's birthday or initial employment day Sunday that made it the lodestone for his taking early retirement but the fact is that you can't marry a dead person and you can fire someone who doesn't work for you...

Old 03-17-2018, 12:34 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
....with this absurd tale of his attorney mortgaging his home ....
i think cohen offered that up to hide if the money came from campaign funds. would need to see bank records to confirm or debunk that.

either way there is still a campaign law violation, both state and federal, for not reporting the "tangible property" received from stormy in the settlement. bizarrely that meets the criteria for a campaign contribution ( and at a value of $130,000 would have needed to have been reported within 24hours ).

Quote:
How can Trump sue Daniels over a document he said he knew nothing about and was not a party to?
he can't. the settlement lists exclusively "david dennison" ( aka trump ) as the only party that can receive remedies. if trump was unaware of the settlement, as cohen claimed, then there was no "meeting of the minds" with daniels and the settlement is void.

at this point both trump and cohen have to admit they lied to go further.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 03-17-2018 at 12:49 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 12:40 PM

Who shows up for David Denison's deposition???

The attempt to move to Federal court is apparently an attempt to facilitate a hearing in arbitration vs civil suit in (open?) court
And even an arbitration hearing allows for deposition of the opponents doesn't it?

But I think Cohen has met someone who likely won't walk away from the publicity or the threat this time----and Cohen's behavior is likely going to call for a Bar review of his conduct
I don't think that would stand close scrutiny...

Old 03-17-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Who shows up for David Denison's deposition???
John Barron?

Old 03-17-2018, 02:29 PM

Guess that is where Trump's son got his name
Maybe he will show up...
Trump can't afford to

Old 03-17-2018, 07:09 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i think cohen offered that up to hide if the money came from campaign funds. would need to see bank records to confirm or debunk that.

either way there is still a campaign law violation, both state and federal, for not reporting the "tangible property" received from stormy in the settlement. bizarrely that meets the criteria for a campaign contribution ( and at a value of $130,000 would have needed to have been reported within 24hours ).

he can't. the settlement lists exclusively "david dennison" ( aka trump ) as the only party that can receive remedies. if trump was unaware of the settlement, as cohen claimed, then there was no "meeting of the minds" with daniels and the settlement is void.

at this point both trump and cohen have to admit they lied to go further.
This whole thing is just nuts.

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/statu...41666535350272

Old 03-17-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
This whole thing is just nuts.
from michael avenatti, daniel's lawyer:

"How can President Donald Trump seek $20 million in damages against my client based on an agreement that he and Mr. Cohen claim Mr. Trump never was a party to and knew nothing about? #notwellthoughtout #sloppy #checkmate"

the first thing cohen is going to have to do is explain why he publicly stated that trump had zero knowledge of the agreement.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:47 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Something big happening for POTUS to have his attorneys or he thinks he has to fight this one. The NDA from Stormy looks like it has a lot of problems. How many other NDA's have the same problems.

He has a lawsuit brought against him now for libel, I think.

So he may be trying to stop the next dozen or so.

Last edited by Boss; 03-17-2018 at 08:07 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 08:11 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Stormy Daniels has a child. Hmmm... Wonder if that kid could be Donald's?? I've never seen anything about how old the child is? That would make sense why Trump hasn't bad-mouthed her??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.