Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 12:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times

Advertisements

The media drives the narrative that got us where we are today.

The create a story out of thin air and create a national panic, to report on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 12:31 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,874,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Tensions are not simmering down and President elect Trump should be speaking out against any
type of violence other than in his 60 Minutes interview with the lengthy remark - "Stop It."
Hate crimes, racist graffiti after election; Trump says 'stop it' - CNN.com

And as President he can definitely change many things in America and the world.
Just look at who he picked as the Chief Strategist, Steve Bannon. Great choice and what about those of us who
do not agree with Bannon's racist, anti-Semitic and white nationalist views?
White nationalists see advocate in Steve Bannon who will hold Trump to his campaign promises - CNNPolitics.com
I was talking about how our friend circle is dealing with this election.
that we had agreed to differ and how we are handling it- we are still friends first.

Sadly my friend is enamored of Megan Kelly, and watches that news station constantly...

I hope people in general are moving on and keeping the dialogue open- its just four years and we have friends for way longer than that.

(it makes me wonder if some of the Posters on this board have only mirror images of themselves as friends? No diversity of lifestyles and opinions amongst their frriendships or relatives, you gotta wonder from some of the posts!)...

All we can do is keep the lines of communication open. Its a start.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:57 PM

89,206 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
I was talking about how our friend circle is dealing with this election.
that we had agreed to differ and how we are handling it- we are still friends first.
Excellent attitude. Same thing happens with parenting styles. Friends who differ DON'T discuss it, and remain friends.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The media drives the narrative that got us where we are today.

The create a story out of thin air and create a national panic, to report on.
The media and academia.

They thought they had the white vote so they were ignored. It's what they do when they think you're in the bag. Blacks were also ignored but most don't get it yet. Democrats have been dismantled under the Obama that destroyed America’s economy and culture.

and now that they are no longer in power, look at them demanding inclusiveness.

Last edited by petch751; 11-19-2016 at 01:17 PM..

Old 11-19-2016, 01:09 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,381,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I also wonder how this nation will ever come together and resolve its deep divisions and differences if we can't even talk to each other.
Just look at how liberals react to anyone who dares to have a different opinion than they do. Their idea of compromise is "do it my way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Most people aren't that conversationally versatile. They're drunk on Fox News babbling.

Conservatives are the worst. They'll turn ANYTHING into a political rant. Tell 'em that you ate a great hamburger for lunch, and they'll tell you that the cook is a bum for wanting $15 bucks an hour, and how the liberals are gonna screw up your next meal.

But they can't help themselves.

Case in point, who would ever even bother trying to discuss anything with someone like that?

Old 11-19-2016, 01:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Obama is crowing over his 55% approval rating, but 70% of the country detests his policies. Maybe Obama's numbers are like the poll numbers... they don't tell how the American people actually feel.

In the last 8 years they have lost not only the presidency and congress, 11 Senate seats and 60 House seats, but also seven state governorships leaving the U.S. now 31R-18D, and state legislatures 32R-15D-5S. There are only 5 states left that have Democrats in complete control totaling 77 electoral votes with only one, California at 55, of significant size. Is it any wonder conservatives couldn’t care less if California seceded and became independent or part of Mexico?

Old 11-19-2016, 04:14 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
There is some definite brainwashing that goes on with conservatives. My fiance was raised by conservative parents, and she works part time for $9.50/hr while going to school, BUT is against a $15/hr minimum wage even though she would benefit from it directly
There is a good chance she wouldn't benefit from it directly. Those who are good enough workers to make $11 an hour are going to take her job that used to pay $9.50 an hour, because it now pays $15 an hour. It's an easier job than what they had. Generally speaking the better paying jobs are for the better workers. If she was a better worker she would have been paid more. Now she's out of a job.

As an example - Bump those fast food places wages up $5 an hour and the food costs more. Some customers wont pay the higher price and business suffers, employees are let go. The food "focus" now shifts towards restaurants. Better food, less price differential.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:20 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Most people aren't that conversationally versatile. They're drunk on Fox News babbling.

Conservatives are the worst. They'll turn ANYTHING into a political rant. Tell 'em that you ate a great hamburger for lunch, and they'll tell you that the cook is a bum for wanting $15 bucks an hour, and how the liberals are gonna screw up your next meal.

But they can't help themselves.
The cook isn't a bum, the cook is delusional to think people will continue to come into that place and pay the higher prices and it'll be business as usual.

When one cannot discuss the horrible policies of the current progressive in chief because they are failures the thing to do is falsely testify about conservatives.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The cook isn't a bum, the cook is delusional to think people will continue to come into that place and pay the higher prices and it'll be business as usual.

When one cannot discuss the horrible policies of the current progressive in chief because they are failures the thing to do is falsely testify about conservatives.
Maybe I don't think his policies were "horrible." Ever thought about that? So why would I discuss it?

Besides, it's more fun to clown his critics. LMAO

Old 11-19-2016, 05:38 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,564,152 times
Haha, my hair looks lovely as usual. I go see her every three months, so I'll be talking to her more about everything in February and will report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I can't help myself ,
but have you checked to see what
your haircut looks like in the back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies