Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 10:35 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

I get the fact that he has been suggested as the leader of an organization that holds more power than his current seat as Senator from Alabama, but where were all the accusations of racism and hate for the last 19 years while he was a Senator?

I ask this because as someone who supports third party candidates, I'm constantly lectured about "doing something at the state or local level" before worrying about higher office. Well for those of you that give state/local leaders a pass until they get to an "important" level, how is this any different? If you really think ANY elected official is an actual racist, why not work to get them out of office immediately before they gain more power? Or are the chants of racism just more liberal/left labeling of ANYONE white a racist/sexist in order to try and undermine an entire party that has political differences from you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:38 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
carlson asks this guy for proof of sessions racism, he can't come up with much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7jyFzflW4

Old 11-19-2016, 10:40 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
A good darn question. If leftists really thought Sessions was a racist, they would have never stopped hounding him during his time in the Senate. The fact is that there were some unsubstantiated allegations (which he's always denied) that he made some racist comments (although, calling the NAACP and another "civil rights" organization "un-American" or communist-inspired certainly isn't racist as some leftists are claiming . . . of course, this isn't the extent of the allegations) shouldn't end his nomination. Indeed, they are merely allegations, which are unsubstantiated and which the weight of the evidence of how he handled business 30 years ago doesn't support. Indeed, this is a man who, as US Attorney in Alabama, prosecuted KKK members (including getting the death penalty for one), desegregated public schools, etc. Sorry, leftists, you'll have to try harder to ruin the reputation of what appears to be a good, decent man.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:42 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
carlson asks this guy for proof of sessions racism, he can't come up with much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7jyFzflW4
Yeah, there really hasn't been much if any proof of it, other than an accusation from a former colleague 30+ years ago, and he has a good record on most things after that anyway. I just don't get this instant labeling of being a racist immediately after someone is nominated. I'd be much more inclined to buy it if someone could show me a list of Senators and other representatives that are deemed to be racist BEFORE they get nominated by a republican.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Fought for the death penalty for convicted KKK members.
Fought to desegregate Alabama school districts.

Ya, that dude is freak'n racist.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:48 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
They lost to trump (media) so now they plan on picking his cabinet by opposing his picks. He should appoint Bernie sanders to hud to see if their heads explode😄.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I get the fact that he has been suggested as the leader of an organization that holds more power than his current seat as Senator from Alabama, but where were all the accusations of racism and hate for the last 19 years while he was a Senator?

I ask this because as someone who supports third party candidates, I'm constantly lectured about "doing something at the state or local level" before worrying about higher office. Well for those of you that give state/local leaders a pass until they get to an "important" level, how is this any different? If you really think ANY elected official is an actual racist, why not work to get them out of office immediately before they gain more power? Or are the chants of racism just more liberal/left labeling of ANYONE white a racist/sexist in order to try and undermine an entire party that has political differences from you?
Anybody speaking against the liberal is a racist. White people by their skin color are automatically racists. Didn't you get the memo?

Old 11-19-2016, 05:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

He's from Alabama....accusations of racism would've helped him in that state, not hurt him. So what since did it make to go after him?

But Alabamians KNOW what went down. Again, the Marion 3 case is gonna come out in the open, and everyone will see what went down.

That said, I don't expect that it'll bother most Trump voters. In about half the cases, it'll actually boost his right wing bonafides...maybe by even more than half the cases. Railroading blacks isn't exactly unpopular on that side of the aisle.

I don't care about what he did as long as he's the senator of some podunk in Dixie. But as the AG, he's dangerous.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Finding examples of his racism out on the web is easy. There was a reason why he wasn't confirmed many years ago.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:28 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Fought for the death penalty for convicted KKK members.
Fought to desegregate Alabama school districts.

Ya, that dude is freak'n racist.

Amen. Executed a KKK murderer which laid the groundwork for $6 mill judgment against state chapter, effectively ending (Thank God) any formal state or nationwide KKK organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies