Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yet another racist post by you.

You're butt hurt that Trump won---even though you claim to be a republican.

After the play, when they're out of the theater, they are free to take to social media to make their case. I don't care if the actors are liberal or conservative, while on stage they need to keep their opinions to themselves. People who pay a good amount of money to see a play don't deserve to get harassed by a cast member. Period.
It was extremely rude and disrespectful. Boycott in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 04:23 PM

15,875 posts, read 21,469,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I expect no apology coming from this bunch of sore losers. That is unless so many people cancel their tickets they are forced to.
Hamilton is the most successful, most profitable musical in history. With 11 Tony's and shows sold out through late 2017, I don't think they're too concerned.

But anyone giving up their tickets is welcome to send them to me!

Old 11-19-2016, 04:27 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Trump should ask Los Lerner to check out their tax returns for the last couple years.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:32 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,677,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
What's this "you guys" crap? What ignorant projection!

Are they compensated with paychecks paid to them by a corporation? Do they fill out W2's? Are they legally bound to follow OSHA/EOE laws? Yea? Then they're employees.

The First Amendment offers legal protection from incarceration by government, not termination from an employer.
Their boss and customers had no problem with them speaking out, so you really don't have a point.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:35 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,677,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So what is clear is that Trump does not believe in the the First Amendment and being elected has not changed the thin-skinned immature tweeter one iota.

I'm sick to death of people who scream and scream about their Second Amendment right and are perfectly happy to let the new dictator elect tell people they cannot have free speech. He ran on hate--now he'll simply have to live with the consequences of the Pandora's Box he has opened.

"The president-elect has identified a much more frightening enemy that demands his fickle attention: Hamilton, the Broadway musical, where Vice President-elect Mike Pence was booed Friday night. This booing, according to the least polite man in America, is unacceptable..."

Donald Trump
The funny thing is the booing is the reason they addressed Pence after all; to build a bridge and both tell the audience why they shouldn't be booing, and explain to Pence why people are anxious. But I guess Trump needed a distraction after his settlement, and this was it.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I have a better idea; boycott the damn show!
Excellent idea!!

It will make it easier for the rest of us to get tickets.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:47 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,650,160 times
Keep digging that hole libbies. The failure to learn from the avalanche of past, lost elections is sure to haunt democrats for a very, very, long time. There is no one to blame but the MSM and Obama, who by the stroke of his pen, legislated his extreme ideology upon the American people. Thank you Obama, you're ego gave rise to Trump and forced many to see the light.

Those who forget the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:54 PM

134 posts, read 109,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes, they should apologize. Regardless of their political views, they are actors who are hired to put on a play---nothing more. While in the theater, they need to keep their opinions to themselves.
Exactly! Voicing their political views in that forum is completely inappropriate.

Remember, people didnt pay all that money to hear the political sgenda of the cast.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:56 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,610,332 times
For me, the problem of the cast of Hamilton suddenly lecturing a member of the audience is not what they're saying, but that they are breaking character, stepping out of the roles that the audience has paid to watch, to do so. I have no problem with the Hamilton cast protesting on the streets of NYC or wherever, making their views known on the talk shows or otherwise to the media. But when they're being paid to get up and play a part on a theatre stage, that's what they should do, not voice anger at a paying member of their audience.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:56 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,095,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Somebody doesn't know the ancient relationship between theater and politics.
You pay a lot of money to watch a play.
The players are paid to perform a service.
They are not entitled to ambush an audience member to further their own agenda.

I hope the Hamilton Show gets boycotted by others who object to this sort of treatment. It's called consequences of action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies