Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 05:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,496,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well it's still better than having Crooked Hillary in the White House. She'd already be calling with political favors to foreign leaders to benefit her personal businesses by now.
It was Crooked Donald who just wrote a check to his 4,000 robbery victims but keep parroting that crooked Hillary thing. It could earn you a cracker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 06:03 AM

8,676 posts, read 22,962,021 times
Too many here are forgetting a majority of the votes FOR Trump were actually a vote AGAINST Clinton, as mine was. Clinton represented everything I found disgusting about politics. Even life-long Dems felt the same when they voted.

During the pre-election process, there were so many instances I cringed when I heard Trump-speak (he spoke or tweeted without thinking and he put his foot in his mouth). But even then, I continued to detest Clinton, more than I supported Trump. As I colored in that square with my vote, I prayed he would find his way to moving a bit closer to the center. The only on real issue I had no room to give on my position was on politics as usual - earmarks and lobbyists, something he has been true to, so far.

So while the many rub their hands with glee over his so-called reversals, I breathe a sigh of relief. And then I wonder why they rub their hands with glee? Why would a group be so critical now he is now leaning their way? Would they be happier if he decided to support an investigation? Would the be happier if he didn't try to find middle ground towards their point of view and held uncompromising positions? This is the classical example you just can't please some people.

At the end of the day, we need to remember who didn't sell their position to special interests, remember who didn't play the politics game. We need to remember who showed the American press that just because they said it was so, didn't make it true. I'm sure there will be many rants I make over some of his actions, but they won't be because he moved towards the center on a position. But I will be cheering as he continues to let us view the egg on the face of the press. About time.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,606,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Old Gringo, I distinctly remember when you though Hillary was a sure win you were pretty arrogant and smug.
Here you go:

Time to take my medicine...

Quote:
LOL, Hillary got caught up in her own mess and it helped Trump take down the Clinton dynasty and that made me happy. And they are still investigating the Clinton foundation. It' not Trumps job. just an fyi.
I'm not disappointed that Hillary lost as much as I'm just disappointed that Trump won. Now, he's chickening out of his big bold promise to jail Hillary. Just like the Pubs have backed out of charging her with anything after SO many "investigations" over the past 23 years.

Either they're all spineless blabbermouths or else they're childish name-callers.

Either those investigations have uncovered criminal activity or they haven't.

If they have, then press charges, take her trial, and sentence her.

There must be some very good reason that the GOP only whimpers and never acts. Either there's something there and they lack the guts for a trial, or there really is nothing there and they keep on whining for political purposes.

I report. You decide.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:06 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,097,285 times
Let Congress and the new justice department act

Let Trump learn how to be a politician...and let's put getting America back first...

Presidents should focus on everyone..

Old 11-23-2016, 07:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,945,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
On a private server not under the security of the our government?

You have absolutely no understanding of security do you? You people are extremely ignorant.
The security of our government? Are you suggesting that our government servers never get hacked? You might want to save your insults. They do you no service in an actual debate.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Everyone, disregard these bots, they are on paid duty to fight this. Best to ignore them and move on, they aren't worth basic discussion, or response.They are wrong, they know it, let them fade off as the laughing stock liars they are.
Bots?

LOL. LOL.

If you can't muster an argument....

Old 11-23-2016, 07:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Here you go:

Time to take my medicine...

I'm not disappointed that Hillary lost as much as I'm just disappointed that Trump won. Now, he's chickening out of his big bold promise to jail Hillary. Just like the Pubs have backed out of charging her with anything after SO many "investigations" over the past 23 years.

Either they're all spineless blabbermouths or else they're childish name-callers.

Either those investigations have uncovered criminal activity or they haven't.

If they have, then press charges, take her trial, and sentence her.

There must be some very good reason that the GOP only whimpers and never acts. Either there's something there and they lack the guts for a trial, or there really is nothing there and they keep on whining for political purposes.

I report. You decide.

True, "The Donald" will not go after her.... It is not his job and would look vindictive, if he had any involvement.
He didn't say Jeff Sessions won't go after her. But, you Snowflakes will call him a liar, anyway.

Remember, Steve Bannon is Trumps personal adviser. YES!!!... that Steve Bannon.
Never tell your enemy your plans, remember. I distinctly remember Trump saying he would tell ISIS one thing and do the opposite. He was adamant about the frustration with Obama telling "the enemy" our plans... Remember.

Let me ask everyone... Including Obama and Clinton. Have you ever been played?

Old 11-23-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The Alt-Left is dishonest on this point.

Hillary's maid did not have a security clearance, but Hillary directed her to routinely access and print off classified info. That is illegal, period. We have emails of Hillary directing the maid and the maid admitted it.

If a low level CIA guy had his babysitter routinely access and print off classified info the Alt-Left wouldn't bat an eye if he got a jail sentence.

This is about the Alt-Left opposing the rule of law so that we can have a Banana Republic like system where laws are for the little people and political opponents.
She was extremely careless. She's conceded that she made mistakes. While you may assert, "That is illegal, period," all day long, the FACT is that it is a judgment call whether it rose to the threshold of gross negligence. And that judgment is made by people with way more experience and knowledge than you. And even then, in a courtroom, in front of a jury of UNBIASED citizens, based on EVIDENCE, it is unlikely that you would get a conviction.

And this meme of Alt-Left is ridiculous. There is no Alt-Left. It's just a made-up term by nutjobs who are trying to undermine liberals and progressives.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:36 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,045,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Too many here are forgetting a majority of the votes FOR Trump were actually a vote AGAINST Clinton, as mine was. Clinton represented everything I found disgusting about politics. Even life-long Dems felt the same when they voted.
So you say you voted for Trump because Clinton represents everything you hate about politics and yet here Trump is showing that even before he officially takes office that he's ALREADY very likely not going to be all that different and that instead of being 'the outsider' that he'll be part of 'the swamp' that he says he hated so much during the election.

Quote:
So while the many rub their hands with glee over his so-called reversals, I breathe a sigh of relief. And then I wonder why they rub their hands with glee? Why would a group be so critical now he is now leaning their way? Would they be happier if he decided to support an investigation? Would the be happier if he didn't try to find middle ground towards their point of view and held uncompromising positions? This is the classical example you just can't please some people.
Maybe its because he's already showing his supporters that he's conned them and sold them a bill of goods that he now seems more and more to unlikely to fully fulfill.

More and more he's showing all the people who believed in him that he's like a vacation time share where everything looked and sounded so great and then as soon as you sign the contract and made the purchase official, you quickly find out its nothing like it was advertised and you now have buyer's remorse but can't do anything but put on a brave face to hide your shame that you were scammed.

I guess for those that are against him we should be 'happy' that he's changing his tune on some of things he said during the election, but you have to ask would the Trump we're starting to see right now have won the Republican primaries in the first place?? Alot of what his supporters liked about him, is already being altered or being backtracked on.

And also for the rest of us non-supporters of Trump, how the HELL can he pretend all the vicious and horrid things he said during the primaries and general election never happened? He literally ran the most disgusting and scorched earth campaign perhaps in US history and now he wants Americans to completely forget all that crap and to rally behind him and 'give him a chance'?!??!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Yeah EFF THAT!! He's going to have to do ALOT to repair all the damage that he did during the election before people will ever trust him enough to give him a chance.

Quote:
At the end of the day, we need to remember who didn't sell their position to special interests, remember who didn't play the politics game. We need to remember who showed the American press that just because they said it was so, didn't make it true. I'm sure there will be many rants I make over some of his actions, but they won't be because he moved towards the center on a position. But I will be cheering as he continues to let us view the egg on the face of the press. About time.
Uhhhh how exactly is he not 'playing the politics game' right now when he's already backing away or softening on some of the positions that he took such a hardline on during the election?? And how is something like planning to get rid of the EPA NOT selling their position to special interests when the people who will benefit the most from the elimination of the EPA is big business and large corporations? You know the group of people who are most likely to pollute and destroy the enviroment on a large scale with their businesses?? Yeah can't see why those people wouldn't be happy to see the EPA gone so that they will have even less people to stop them from polluting the enviroment for the rest of us.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well it's still better than having Crooked Hillary in the White House. She'd already be calling with political favors to foreign leaders to benefit her personal businesses by now.
The irony of this statement is mind-boggling. You do realize that there have two possible incidents where Trump has spoken to leaders in other countries and addressed his business interests during those conversations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies