Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 07:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

As predicted, Donald Trump will apparently not pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, as in his view 'she has been through enough'. Also, as he neglected to mention, the precedent that he would set by going after her would make him ripe for similar treatment once he leaves the President's job.

Quote:
Trump Won't Pursue Charges Against Hillary: "She's Been Through Enough"

Moments later, Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway appears to have confirmed the MSNBC report, saying there will be no Clinton investigation during a follow up interview:
Just in: Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway says no Clinton investigation in MSNBC interview

— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) November 22, 2016

Kellyanne Conway confirms there will be no more Clinton investigations under Trump admin. on MSNBC: pic.twitter.com/ZLETCvAifd

— David Wright (@DavidWright_CNN) November 22, 2016
Quoted by Bloomberg, Conway said on MSNBC that "I think when the president-elect...tells you before he’s even inaugurated he doesn’t wish to pursue these charges it sends a very strong message -- tone and content -- to the members," Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway said on MSNBC.
Of course Congress could still pursue the matter independent of Trump. Also, Huma Abedin and Cheryl Miller were not mentioned as being included in this proposed amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 07:18 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Powerful people have friends, but they work very hard to maintain potential allies. These allies need not agree with them on all things. They simply must be potentially useful at some point in the future.

In the case of the Clintons and Trump, they were potential allies. Both parties were powerful, and both could be helpful in future situations. After a bruising campaign, it will be some time before they can get that connection back to where it was previously, but sure, it could happen.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:19 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As predicted, Donald Trump will apparently not pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, as in his view 'she has been through enough'. Also, as he neglected to mention, the precedent that he would set by going after her would make him ripe for similar treatment once he leaves the President's job.
You should have stopped after the first sentence. The second one is opinion and speculation.

I more or less agree with Trump, although I don't think she isn't without fault in all the accusations. But enough is enough. Trump is taking the high road and if something more serious were to be brought to light, they can always reopen the investigation.

Once he takes office he has bigger fish to fry than to pursue something that has been rehashed a hundred times.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:21 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Smart move on Trump's part...it would always be seen as political payback, no matter how richly she deserved it.

I wonder if this includes the FBI's criminal investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:22 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Disagree with trump. The citizens have suffered enough under the likes of a Hillary Clinton, examples should be made.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:25 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
The decision will be up to the new AG, not Trump.

With that said, I have stated many times on here that the Clintons will not be prosecuted.

The Clintons know where the bodies are buried in Washington, and could take down so many people that nobody will ever touch them.

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Hopefully congress and the FBI feel different.

Politicians should not be above the law. If she broke laws, she should be prosecuted.

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Trump taking high road. I'm torn on this.

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
it was red meat to his base that was stupid enough to believe he was serious about going after clinton.
And it was great fun ...lock her up, lock her up, lock her up....I'm okay with it because even though she should be in prison for life, it would fire liberals up if she got what she deserves.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
it was red meat to his base that was stupid enough to believe he was serious about going after clinton.
Just like those who believed Obama would end the wars and make health care affordable?

I stated a good while ago that Trump would not pursue charges for this very reason. I did not vote for Trump so I am not dissapointed. I did not vote for Obama either but I am highly dissapointed with him doing neither.

You?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies