Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 11:40 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I wonder if Stein and Hillary lovers realize Michigan did an unofficial final count from the Secretary of State and Trump still won by 10k. Plus Michigan only has paper ballots.
Stein seems to just want to get her name out there more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 11:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Stein seems to just want to get her name out there more
Well it worked. She has 2.393 million of the 2.5 million she asked for. I suspect it will hit 2.5 within the next 3 hours.

So the recount is on! And I like that. Because it will hopefully resolve the issue. Because leaving it unresolved was just going to leave doubt about our process.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:59 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well it worked. She has 2.393 million of the 2.5 million she asked for. I suspect it will hit 2.5 within the next 3 hours.

So the recount is on! And I like that. Because it will hopefully resolve the issue. Because leaving it unresolved was just going to leave doubt about our process.
Just because she raised enough money doesn't mean the recount is on. There's more to it than that.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:03 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Just because she raised enough money doesn't mean the recount is on. There's more to it than that.
I have seen no mention of any substantial barrier to doing this other then having the money before the expiration date when challenges could no longer occur. Have you seen something?

Old 11-24-2016, 12:09 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
I have seen no mention of any substantial barrier to doing this other then having the money before the expiration date when challenges could no longer occur. Have you seen something?
This for starters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Bad news for Jill with no proof of fraud ...

Michigan: A mandatory recount if 2,000 votes or less separate the top two candidates. Candidates can petition for a recount due to fraud or a counting error.

Wisconsin: Any candidate can request a recount within three days of completion of the initial tally. The recount is free to the requesting candidate if the margin of victory is less than 0.5 percent, otherwise it must be paid for in advance.

Pennsylvania: Automatic recount when vote margin is less than 0.5 percent. Voters can petition county boards for a recount. Voters or candidates can petition courts for a recount
What makes you think they will be approved?

Old 11-24-2016, 02:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
I wonder if Stein and Hillary lovers realize Michigan did an unofficial final count from the Secretary of State and Trump still won by 10k. Plus Michigan only has paper ballots.
Stein is suggesting that Hillary cheated and that she knows a recount isn't going to change the outcome of the election, she just wants the cheating exposed.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
What makes you think a recount is necessary ? Do you have any evidence of tampering ? Or are you one of the angry sheep that just can't get over Trump winning ?
Read between the lines of what Stein has said. This isn't about Trump cheating.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:54 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Wisconsin Elections Committee already said they've spoken with Stein's people and are expecting the filing. I guess they could reject it, but that would set off a potential court battle.

As I said before, I doubt anything will come of it but I'll kick in a few bucks. It's like playing the lottery - hey, you never know. I think it's pretty impressive they've managed to raise over $2.5M in less than a day, and over Thanksgiving at that.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:34 AM

524 posts, read 361,894 times
Quote:
Read my original post.

Theres some pretty concerning evidence....however Nate Silver makes a convincing argument that its not. Thats part of the problem. *I* think Nate Silver provides good guidance on this and the reasons that the statistics look concerning, but aren't. The issue is that they DO look concerning at all.

So I think a recount is necessary to validate our process and get beyond the concerns.
So, when Trump was saying it was a rigged system he was destroyed for saying so....hmmmmmm.....what tangled webs we weave.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:45 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
I want a recount audit to see how many illegals,dead people and felons voted for Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies