Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 01:54 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times

Advertisements

People are scared to be outed as Trump voters.
I know some 'undercover' trump supporters in my social circle who just want to avoid being labelled a racist or sexist so they say out loud that they voted for Hillary but in reality they voted for Trump. All these media polls & statistics have proved to be fake & made up so I dont believe anything they say. I talk to people around me & read through the public forums to get a gist of peoples' opinions & views. Even the protestors are hired help & a lot of them didnt even bother to vote. So I dont trust this so called invisible half of the country hating Trump. If he does a good job we will keep him, if not, we will switch our votes next elections & kick him out. Give him a fair chance for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 01:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am NOT making this prediction as I do not expect it but if he ends the wars, 2020 is over. He wins
I wouldn't make that prediction at all. If he is under review for mixing personal business government affairs, if Social Security and Medicare are privatized and are slowly (or quickly) diminishing, if that huge wave of jobs has not returned while he's still manufacturing overseas, the larger portion of the country that did not vote for him will likely grow to an even greater number. And his supporters will grow weary of defending him. They may adore him personally and not understand why over half the country dislikes him but it doesn't change that that is the way of the presidency.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:57 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This isn't a coherent rebuttal of the other posters point.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I wouldn't make that prediction at all. If he is under review for mixing personal business government affairs, if Social Security and Medicare are privatized and are slowly (or quickly) diminishing, if that huge wave of jobs has not returned while he's still manufacturing overseas, the larger portion of the country that did not vote for him will likely grow to an even greater number. And his supporters will grow weary of defending him. They may adore him personally and not understand why over half the country dislikes him but it doesn't change that that is the way of the presidency.
Most who voted for him will vote again for him no matter what he does. Unfortunately that is what a large numbers of voters do.

Even though Bush and Obama did the exact opposite of what they promised to do, they got re-elected because too many feel they must invest in and defend their guy no matter what.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I know some 'undercover' trump supporters in my social circle who just want to avoid being labelled a racist or sexist so they say out loud that they voted for Hillary but in reality they voted for Trump. All these media polls & statistics have proved to be fake & made up so I dont believe anything they say. I talk to people around me & read through the public forums to get a gist of peoples' opinions & views. Even the protestors are hired help & a lot of them didnt even bother to vote. So I dont trust this so called invisible half of the country hating Trump. If he does a good job we will keep him, if not, we will switch our votes next elections & kick him out. Give him a fair chance for now.
The 46.6% of the country that did not vote for Trump is by the numbers. That is not an estimate, that is counted votes with more liberal areas in the West still to be counted so his percentage will likely decrease.

I understand why people are scared to be outed as Trump voters, in Seattle Trump got only 8% of the vote. He is definitely not liked there so that 8% is probably keeping very quiet.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
There are a lot of former obama voting moderates that hated Clinton that the dems may be permanently turned off to the party trying to call them racist etc for just disliking Hillary more.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This isn't a coherent rebuttal of the other posters point.
I'm not sure what is incoherent about it. The poster said it wasn't over half, I showed that the latest percentages show Trump won only 46.6% and more liberal areas are still being counted so his percentage is likely to go even lower.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The 46.6% of the country that did not vote for Trump is by the numbers. That is not an estimate, that is counted votes with more liberal areas in the West still to be counted so his percentage will likely decrease.

I understand why people are scared to be outed as Trump voters, in Seattle Trump got only 8% of the vote. He is definitely not liked there so that 8% is probably keeping very quiet.
You seem to not be grasping that voter turnout is not 100%.

Also no crap trump is going to be facing the same relentless partisan crticism just like obama. Heck we have already seen it in the meltdowns for two weeks.

Instead of the birthers we now have the popular vote counters. Lol

Old 11-24-2016, 02:12 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,683 times
Trump did win around 46%, but Clinton did not get a majority of the popular votes cast either. (I voted for Stein).

The thing is though, the Republicans have a majority of the seats in the House and the Senate, and they will get more seats in the 2018 mid-term elections. Trump will nominate, and the Senate will confirm the next Supreme Court justice giving the court a 5-4 conservative lean. From what I've read, it seems that Trump may not consider running for a second term. If so, given the mood of the majority of current voters, who could the Democrats run that could win more votes in areas in addition to New York City and Los Angeles?

Old 11-24-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You seem to not be grasping that voter turnout is not 100%.

Also no crap trump is going to be facing the same relentless partisan crticism just like obama. Heck we have already seen it in the meltdowns for two weeks.

Instead of the birthers we now have the popular vote counters. Lol
The popular vote is the only actual measure you can base predictions on. You cannot say over half the country supports Trump when they were not even motivated to vote for him. By actual counted votes, Trump was outnumbered by Clinton, Stein, Johnson and McMullin voters with Clinton totals far surpassing Trump's and the sum total already 53.4 against Trump with more liberal areas yet to be counted - so his percentage likely decreasing from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies