Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:38 AM

435 posts, read 431,189 times

Advertisements

What kind of Bizzaro World do we live in when we have tons of people running around calling Trump a fascist but a PM of Canada calls Castro a friend instead of the totalitarian dictator that he really was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 10:40 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
At least Mexico said Castro was the worst.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:40 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Unreal.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:54 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why not move to Canada? Oh wait, you have to get in line and have sponsors and prove you're a benefit to Canada because they actually enforce their immigration laws like Trump wants to do here?
Aww. Are you offended that I suggested Justin Trudeau is better looking than Trump? And, here I thought you guys worship Trump because he "tells it like it is." Well, I'm just telling it like it is. Trump vs. Trudueau. Please. The Canadians definitely have the better-looking side for at least the next few years.

I'm also a child of a parents who emigrated to Canada, which is where I grew up, so I know a little about Canadian immigration. No, Canada doesn't have the issue of mass illegal immigration that we have because it doesn't border poorer countries. But it does, nevertheless, have a very generous immigration policy. There is a much higher percentage of foreign-born Canadians than there are foreign-born Americans. Canada also recently welcomed about 30,000 Syrian refugees, and plans to receive thousands more.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-26-2016 at 11:22 AM..

Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr789 View Post
What kind of Bizzaro World do we live in when we have tons of people running around calling Trump a fascist but a PM of Canada calls Castro a friend instead of the totalitarian dictator that he really was.
The US has no problem with dictators. As long as they are the ones that the US wants in power.

Castro sought diplomatic relations with the US right after their revolution and was rejected.

Canada didn't have restrictions on travel to, or trade with Cuba like the US, and none of their political parties ever wanted make any change, even after decades of pressure from the US. Canada has had a embassy in Cuba since the 40's.

Castro attended former premier Pierre Trudeau's funeral.

Not everybody in the world bows down to every wish from the United States.

Last edited by plannine; 11-26-2016 at 11:37 AM..

Old 11-26-2016, 12:00 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Leftist sociopaths of a feather flock together?
Trudeau expresses 'deep sorrow' over Castro's death | TheHill
A stunning rewrite of history! I REMEMBER it.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:01 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
How about common decency dictates you don't celebrate the life of a mass murderer and oppressor of millions.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:04 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Aww. Are you offended that I suggested Justin Trudeau is better looking than Trump? And, here I thought you guys worship Trump because he "tells it like it is." Well, I'm just telling it like it is. Trump vs. Trudueau. Please. The Canadians definitely have the better-looking side for at least the next few years.

I'm also a child of a parents who emigrated to Canada, which is where I grew up, so I know a little about Canadian immigration. No, Canada doesn't have the issue of mass illegal immigration that we have because it doesn't border poorer countries. But it does, nevertheless, have a very generous immigration policy. There is a much higher percentage of foreign-born Canadians than there are foreign-born Americans. Canada also recently welcomed about 30,000 Syrian refugees, and plans to receive thousands more.
I think Justin Trudeau is handsome. Never denied that. But that really is not a qualification for leadership. I'm sure he's actually fine as a leader for Canada, and in fact think Canadians are nice people. But they do enforce their immigration laws, and they are no more generous than we are. In fact, we have been far more generous taking in refugees and allowing the world to come here.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:06 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
On a lighter note, you have friends and strangers telling you you're better looking than Justin Trudeau? Really? Hmm...
Trudeau is actually not that much good looking. Maybe when he was younger. But why did you bring up his looks, when we are concerned about the ideology he supports ? I knew anyway that young women base their vote on looks, rather than political vision.

Now question for some of y'all : how many americans tried to flee the US for Cuba by boat, compared to the opposite...

Old 11-26-2016, 12:07 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times
What a kook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies