Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 07:34 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times

Advertisements

Suck a tail pipe, same thing. Are people really that stupid? Libs talk about global warming, smog etc but "smoke" from weed is harmless. Do we really have people that low IQ? Smoke from weed is the same as smoke from a forest fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 07:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm going to be one of those who say you are crazy.

Nobody is saying MJ is harmless, and the predicted lawsuits and increased health care costs is just speculation.
say what you will about health issues, but i am going by past performance of similar items, and past performance of big corporations. once the big companies get in the MJ game, you can bet you wont be getting pure leaf anymore, but rather a stronger version that is loaded with chemicals to keep you coming back for more regularly, just like cigarettes. in other words i think you underestimate what is going to happen in the near future.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:48 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,742,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
"Sixty-six percent of Democrats favor legalizing marijuana while 30 percent believe it should be illegal.

Among Republicans, 41 percent favor legalization and 55 percent are opposed to it, according to the poll, which drew responses from 1,201 U.S. adults."

Support for marijuana legalization rises among U.S. adults: poll | Reuters

It's a small sample, but I have yet to see any poll where the majority of republicans as a whole favor legalization and the numbers are pretty consistent with other polls.

To be fair, I have seen polls where the majority of millennials who identify as republicans do favor legalization.
I was going anecdotal. <<< believes polls like Hillary is gonna win. Lol

Old 11-28-2016, 07:54 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,072,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Please post a link to that study.
Quote:
Heart problems

The heart normally beats about 70 to 80 times a minute, but using marijuana can double that rate. This increased rate can put a lot of stress on the heart. Smoking marijuana can also cause an increased risk of stroke. The risks of heart attack or stroke from marijuana use appear to increase with age and with pre-existing heart or blood circulation problems.
...and for the OP...

Quote:
Lung and breathing problems

Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke is a mix of toxic substances. Marijuana smoke irritates the throat and lungs, causes coughing, and is associated with symptoms of bronchitis. Marijuana smoke also contains many of the same cancer-causing materials as tobacco smoke.

Regular marijuana smokers may suffer the same symptoms as tobacco smokers, such as:

chronic (ongoing) cough,
increased phlegm buildup in the throat (mucus),
frequent chest problems, and
greater risk of lung infections.
Health risks of marijuana use

Old 11-28-2016, 07:57 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
say what you will about health issues, but i am going by past performance of similar items, and past performance of big corporations. once the big companies get in the MJ game, you can bet you wont be getting pure leaf anymore, but rather a stronger version that is loaded with chemicals to keep you coming back for more regularly, just like cigarettes. in other words i think you underestimate what is going to happen in the near future.
I tend to agree with you on big companies adding unhealthy chemicals, but in states that have legalized you can grow your own and the oversight on stores that sell require strict oversight on everything they grow (from seed to finished product) to ensure there are no chemicals added, dangerous fertilizer used, etc...

I would hope that our government has learned from the cigarette companies putting toxic chemicals into their product that they would be careful about what they allow industrial cannabis producers to use in their products, but that is probably wishful thinking. But, there would also be local producers (like micro breweries) should national legalization happen for those worried about chemicals that the industrial producers might add.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:04 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
People who get chiefed out everyday are slow and boring and dumb.
But stress free. And very philosophical at times.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:09 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
It's no different than tobacco. Prolonged use will increase risk of heart attack and stroke.
Uhm, yes it is. Hundreds of thousands of people don't die every year from COPD, lung cancer and related pneumonia from smoking weed. I've been in nursing for eight years now and haven't seen one marijuana-related case of heart attack, stroke or any of the chronic lung diseases I mentioned.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:10 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I was going anecdotal. <<< believes polls like Hillary is gonna win. Lol
LOL!

Great point. You're alright, Stymie.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:11 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You actually think you just thought of "hash Brownies"?
Not at all. Back in the day there were hash brownies, but the predominant mode of ingestion was (and still is) smoking. Smoking is quick and easy with instant results, which is why it's so popular.

Hash or pot brownies, on the other hand, are quite labor-intensive and time-consuming. The cannabis first needs to be cooked with some fat to extract the active ingredients; you can't just dump a lid of ganja into a brownie mix and expect to get high. You also have to wait up to two hours to feel the effects.

In states where MJ is legal, it's a lot easier to pick up some cannabis-infused hard candies or baked goods at the dispensary than to make them yourself, as we had to do in the bad old days. It's also a lot easier to control the dosage since these commercial products are clearly labeled with THC content. With homemade hash brownies, you never knew exactly what you were getting.

For this reason alone, I think that legal MJ is a lot safer than the Mexican ditch weed we used to get, whose strength is unknown and which may have been exposed to pesticides and who knows what else.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:12 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Uhm, yes it is. Hundreds of thousands of people don't die every year from COPD, lung cancer and related pneumonia from smoking weed. I've been in nursing for eight years now and haven't seen one marijuana-related case of heart attack, stroke or any of the chronic lung diseases I mentioned.
Because you haven't seen someone chain smoke weed? Get real. It happens. Even a bong doesn't clean it up that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies