Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Because they think the middle of the county hasn't developed. They think it's the 1960s and it's only NYC or CA or bust. They don't get that huge swaths of the country have developed. They see a sea of red on the electoral county map and think "yup it's still Deliverense in between NYC and SF because only the civilized areas are blue."
Because the middle of the country says they cannot get jobs, hate educated "elitists", want to close the EPA as well as any other government agency because they are anti-government but also want the coasts to fund them in the form of...government handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:29 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
You can start by getting rid of "allies" like you have in this thread, they are what is costing you elections and they still don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Old 11-28-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
That is such a stereotypical myth. Most gays are not these Will and Grace lawyers that are all cosmo and stuff. You work on narratives.
No, I'm basing it on those I know, on the gentrification that happens that I have personally seen, on the number of houses those I know own, etc. It may be a stereotype but the ones I know are very career-centric, have no children and have a lot of disposable income.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:30 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Because the middle of the country says they cannot get jobs, hate educated "elitists", want to close the EPA as well as any other government agency because they are anti-government but also want the coasts to fund them in the form of...government handouts.
...so they can buy more guns and bibles, and cling to them.... under their robes and hoods.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:32 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Man that's a gross over generalizattion

Old 11-28-2016, 08:32 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Well those handouts are entitlements that pay into as well if we are talking SS and Medicaid/Medicare. Those are part of the mandatory budget. Food stamps are actually an agricultural subsidy program. They probably don't like the growth of the government when it comes to bureaucracy and wasteful spending, not when it comes to programs that actually might help them out. What the right doesn't like is dependence and would prefer economic growth in their areas instead of the reliance on handouts.

Also, you'd think they'd like to change that going with the anti-globalization candidate that promises them to bring back their jobs rather than the slightly more pro-globalization, pro-Wall St candidate that candidly supported another free trade deal (before she was against it at the start of the campaign).

Old 11-28-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You can start by getting rid of "allies" like you have in this thread, they are what is costing you elections and they still don't get it.
Do Trump supporters have some idea that Democrats would ever agree with them? Trump won the EC by the narrowest of margins, states by as little as 10,000 votes and lost the popular vote. I do not expect to see Trump in the White House beyond four years, in fact I'm pretty certain of it for a number of reasons but let's see this play out.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
No, I'm basing it on those I know, on the gentrification that happens that I have personally seen, on the number of houses those I know own, etc. It may be a stereotype but the ones I know are very career-centric, have no children and have a lot of disposable income.
Right the ones you know are actually in the minority. The ones you don't know who've been pushed out of the rich liberal white gentrified areas have founded other gayborhoods in metro areas. A lot of poorer, people of color that are gay are also numerous and they don't live in those areas like WeHO or the Castro or Chelsea where they push gay homeless teens away.

Someone lives in a bubble!

Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Do Trump supporters have some idea that Democrats would ever agree with them? Trump won the EC by the narrowest of margins, states by as little as 10,000 votes and lost the popular vote. I do not expect to see Trump in the White House beyond four years, in fact I'm pretty certain of it for a number of reasons but let's see this play out.
He had 306 Electoral votes to Hillary's 232. In heavily democratic states he won by those numbers but in places like Kentucky and AR he won by 60% or more. Give it up!

Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Well those handouts are entitlements that pay into as well if we are talking SS and Medicaid/Medicare. Those are part of the mandatory budget. Food stamps are actually an agricultural subsidy program. They probably don't like the growth of the government when it comes to bureaucracy and wasteful spending, not when it comes to programs that actually might help them out. What the right doesn't like is dependence and would prefer economic growth in their areas instead of the reliance on handouts.

Also, you'd think they'd like to change that going with the anti-globalization candidate that promises them to bring back their jobs rather than the slightly more pro-globalization, pro-Wall St candidate that candidly supported another free trade deal (before she was against it at the start of the campaign).
So they want handouts, plain and simple. These Republicans that scream about the welfare recipients want handouts. They are the welfare recipients. Medicare recipients only pay about a third of the benefits they receive. Taxpayers pay the rest. Medicaid is pure cost. Food stamps are pure cost. Not liking bureaucracy is like hating some nameless entity while wanting the money that comes from the coasts.

If the right does not like dependence and would prefer economic growth, they should stop demonizing education, go to school and draw companies to their areas. As it is, they think government should not be involved in education and constantly make references to "over-educated elitists". Guess what, those ever-educated elitists have jobs and companies all around them because they will have a choice among an educated populace.

See why the country is so divided and why we will likely never see unity? Completely different mindsets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies