Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 02:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I voted for Johnson and am very much against bringing any more immigrants to the U.S. until there is a good job for every adult U.S. citizen. I absolutely believe in "U.S. citizens first." In fact, current immigration policies is one of the main reasons I did not vote for Hillary.

However, that being said, I am very tired of all the hypocrisy and/or ignorance of those who would blame people of minority races, religions, and/or cultures for most of the violence in this country. Although I do not know whether the facts and figures in the following article are accurate, if even 10% of what is stated is true, it is nothing short of outrageous and I think the U.S. leadership has much to be ashamed about.

US-Caused Civilian Deaths Versus Toll of 'Terrorist' Attacks | Analysis | teleSUR English
You cannot have a zero percent unemployment rate. It would ruin the economy.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:42 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Muslims are right under 1% of the USA population! Considering that, they are responsible for an incredibly high amount of terror related attacks. Sure the Chinese, Italian, Irish and Mexican immigrants that end up in gangs/mafias cause problems, but at least they are not hell bent on destroying the USA! They just want money and power. The Islamic Terrorists want to end the west as we know it. BIG DIFFERENCE!

1%
Imagine what our country will be like if it were 2%, double the current amount, or 5%, or 10%
Look at how much our society changed since 9/11. TSA long lines, endless war on terror, constant attacks throughout the country.
1%
one freaking percent

Liberal: well look at all the scary bad white people!

White people are a majority of the population! over 60%!
Muslims are 1%, one freaking percent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 02:46 PM

19,806 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You cannot have a zero percent unemployment rate. It would ruin the economy.
Yes, of course, you are right, but I was talking about the principle that the government should be more concerned about providing jobs (and education) for U.S. citizens before they concern themselves with providing jobs and education for NON-citizens.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Muslims are right under 1% of the USA population! Considering that, they are responsible for an incredibly high amount of terror related attacks. Sure the Chinese, Italian, Irish and Mexican immigrants that end up in gangs/mafias cause problems, but at least they are not hell bent on destroying the USA! They just want money and power. The Islamic Terrorists want to end the west as we know it. BIG DIFFERENCE!

1%
Imagine what our country will be like if it were 2%, double the current amount, or 5%, or 10%
Look at how much our society changed since 9/11. TSA long lines, endless war on terror, constant attacks throughout the country.
1%
one freaking percent

Liberal: well look at all the scary bad white people!

White people are a majority of the population! over 60%!
Muslims are 1%, one freaking percent!
The point is that, imo, ANY kind of terrorism is bad. Doesn't matter who causes it.

Of course, some might argue that if everyone were peaceful and law-abiding, the result would be a huge jump in unemployment due as many of the people employed by prisons, DHS, etc. would be out of jobs.

(Personally, however, I think the trade-off would be worth it!)

Old 11-29-2016, 03:53 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You're joking.

Trump looks just as moronic as ever.
Sure, but Obama still looks like he has Downs Syndrome.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:25 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
I voted for Johnson and am very much against bringing any more immigrants to the U.S. until there is a good job for every adult U.S. citizen. I absolutely believe in "U.S. citizens first." In fact, current immigration policies is one of the main reasons I did not vote for Hillary.

However, that being said, I am very tired of all the hypocrisy and/or ignorance of those who would blame people of minority races, religions, and/or cultures for most of the violence in this country. Although I do not know whether the facts and figures in the following article are accurate, if even 10% of what is stated is true, it is nothing short of outrageous and I think the U.S. leadership has much to be ashamed about.

US-Caused Civilian Deaths Versus Toll of 'Terrorist' Attacks | Analysis | teleSUR English
Did you ever read or hear Johnson on immigration? He's completely for open borders.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Did you ever read or hear Johnson on immigration? He's completely for open borders.
Yes, one of the things I disagreed with him about.

However, compared to HRC or Trump . . .

Old 11-29-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
You need look no further than this post - Somali migrants and the insinuation of doing the unAmerican thing of stopping all Muslim immigrants

So with that logic:

Ahmad Rahimi (aka NJ/NY Bomber) - should we ban all Afghans from the USA ? Yes ? so how about ..
Dylan Roof - should be banish all SC white supremacists from the States ?
Seung Hui Cho (aka VA Tech shooter) - should we ban all South Koreans from the USA ?
Timothy McVeigh - bainsh NYers from the USA ?

Well you see where all this leads. BTW that was in order of the number of people they killed. There are others of course but some would apply a selective filter (bias) on who they consider a safe/real/whatever American.

We live in a free country and accept the dangers that this "freedom", including our 2nd amendment rights, bring to our lives so let's not pretend that we don't know who is really under attack with these posts.
We don't have to stop all Muslim immigration, but it's perfectly legal and acceptable to stop importing immigrants from countries that support terrorists. In fact, we have been at war for 15 years in these countries. Do you think anyone would have been upset that we weren't letting Germans immigrate to the United States during WWII?

Look at this kid. He was reported as a nice kid. Well educated, well behaved. Seemed like a real stand-up guy. You obviously cannot vet people from certain areas. And if he got radicalized here in this country after we opened our doors to him, then we have a problem. And don't tell me it's because of Trump's rhetoric or Islamaphobia, because if people get all murderous because others don't trust them after an attack, then maybe the people who don't trust them HAVE A FRICKIN' POINT!!

Old 11-29-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, one of the things I disagreed with him about.

However, compared to HRC or Trump . . .
Trump's the only one who may do something about it. No one else has the balls to stand up to the Chamber of Commerce wing of the Republican Party or the Democrat Party that wants to import more and more voters.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:12 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Well, we just had 9 Somalis convicted this month of being ISIS supporters and sentenced prison time - 3 with 30/35 years. We have a sizable Somali population in Minneapolis but even so, this is a good percentage. Theses aren't the only ones - one was involved with the NYC Twin Towers and was killed - also Mpls. There are other examples as well.

And, the state just gave this community $250,000 for education and opportunity development - this is all on top of the welfare they already get.

Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies