Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 12:56 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,042,117 times

Advertisements

I'm still trying to understand why Planned Parenthood must receive federal funding. There seems to be plenty of people who support it. Why not raise the funds from donors? Why must taxpayers support charities via federal funding? As a charity, they already get tax benefits - that seems to be enough. I know this is just the most high profile charity to receive federal funding but it just doesn't make a lick of sense for taxpayer dollars to fund these organizations. Charity generally means the voluntary giving of help. What is voluntary about using taxpayer dollars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 01:05 PM

1,850 posts, read 822,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm still trying to understand why Planned Parenthood must receive federal funding. There seems to be plenty of people who support it.
Yeah, but liberals never spend their own money. They only spend other people's money.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:12 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,588,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Yeah, but liberals never spend their own money. They only spend other people's money.
All politicians spend other people's money. Not just liberals. Have you seen the Dept. of Defense Budget ?

Old 11-30-2016, 01:12 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,058,616 times
Quote:
Yes, we know, liberals know all of their rights and none of their responsibilities. That's why, as I noted earlier, even if they receive welfare, they'll without batting an eyelash lecture you on how nobody has to right to tell them what they can buy with that money. And they can do that without even being slightly embarrassed.
you paint a broad brush which suggest all liberals are on the public assistance.

seriously why do you care? besides the fun of being judgmental if someone blows threw their benefits?

it is none of your business if a family on food stamps buys a birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate. it's none of your business if the family eats crap for weeks at a time, so they can afford the roast one time.

are you that cheap or is it compassion you lacking....ahhh maybe never walked a mile in their shoes.

you don't support PP or abortions, deal with the consequences.

are you ok with women self aborting at home and dying? abortions happen, always will happen legal or not. it's only safe abortions that stop. are you ok with forced birthing?

Old 11-30-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
All politicians spend other people's money. Not just liberals. Have you seen the Dept. of Defense Budget ?
It's actually sort of amusing when liberals are like "isn't abortion like ...uh ...defense spending? I mean, you want one and I want one ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you paint a broad brush which suggest all liberals are on the public assistance.

Liberals are either on it or supporters of it. I didn't say they were all on it.

Quote:
seriously why do you care?

Usually, when you write "seriously," you need to follow it with a serious question.

Quote:
it is none of your business if a family on food stamps buys a birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate. it's none of your business if the family eats crap for weeks at a time, so they can afford the roast one time.

See, first you claimed I was painting with a broad brush and then three sentences later, you prove me right.

Quote:
are you that cheap or is it compassion you lacking....ahhh maybe never walked a mile in their shoes.

Translation: let me spend your money to prove I care.

Quote:
you don't support PP or abortions, deal with the consequences.

Oddly, the only person who you say has to deal with the consequences is me, not the actual person who I'm paying for. That's odd.

Quote:
are you ok with women self aborting at home and dying? abortions happen, always will happen legal or not. it's only safe abortions that stop. are you ok with forced birthing?
Every time liberals say this, I always have to ask why they're so inept at life. Like, you think this is an effective argument to say "if I have to, I'm going to jam a rusty coathanger into my genitals in a dirty rat-infested alley! OK??" Uh, OK. I bet most people would figure out that they don't want to do that, but not you. At least you have moxie.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
It's actually sort of amusing when liberals are like "isn't abortion like ...uh ...defense spending? I mean, you want one and I want one ..."

Liberals are either on it or supporters of it. I didn't say they were all on it.

Usually, when you write "seriously," you need to follow it with a serious question.

See, first you claimed I was painting with a broad brush and then three sentences later, you prove me right.

Translation: let me spend your money to prove I care.

Oddly, the only person who you say has to deal with the consequences is me, not the actual person who I'm paying for. That's odd.

Every time liberals say this, I always have to ask why they're so inept at life. Like, you think this is an effective argument to say "if I have to, I'm going to jam a rusty coathanger into my genitals in a dirty rat-infested alley! OK??" Uh, OK. I bet most people would figure out that they don't want to do that, but not you. At least you have moxie.

the question was serious, why is it your business or concern that women have abortions? you don't want to answer. are you ok with women giving birth against their own personal desires? you didn't answer.

you so removed from the reality that you don't care women will self abort, like they did before roe v wade?
you ok with women throwing themselves down stairs or having someone hit them in the belly so they abort?

"that you are paying for" as asked and unanswered just how much tax dollars come out of your pocket? it's a pittance compared to yes...the defense budget or for that matter corporate welfare.

PP does a vital service for men and women. don't like abortion, don't have one. leave the rest of alone to make our own choice.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
the question was serious, why is it your business or concern that women have abortions? you don't want to answer. are you ok with women giving birth against their own personal desires? you didn't answer.
LOL, I like how every liberal argument breaks down and the liberals are like "uh ...whu ...uh ...well, how does it affect you??" I keep saying this in every thread because it's always proven true. Gay marriage? How does it affect you? Welfare? How does it affect you? Abortion? How does it affect you? Sort of strange how nothing liberals want affects anyone, huh? Or, more precisely, how they can't figure it out. LOL

Old 11-30-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
LOL, I like how every liberal argument breaks down and the liberals are like "uh ...whu ...uh ...well, how does it affect you??" I keep saying this in every thread because it's always proven true. Gay marriage? How does it affect you? Welfare? How does it affect you? Abortion? How does it affect you? Sort of strange how nothing liberals want affects anyone, huh? Or, more precisely, how they can't figure it out. LOL
anti choice always evade answering questions. keep your blinders on

Old 11-30-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
anti choice always evade answering questions. keep your blinders on
LOL, anti-choice? You mean I get the choice to pay for it? Or do you have blinders on as someone who is anti-choice?

Old 11-30-2016, 04:51 PM

57,421 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm still trying to understand why Planned Parenthood must receive federal funding. There seems to be plenty of people who support it. Why not raise the funds from donors? Why must taxpayers support charities via federal funding? As a charity, they already get tax benefits - that seems to be enough. I know this is just the most high profile charity to receive federal funding but it just doesn't make a lick of sense for taxpayer dollars to fund these organizations. Charity generally means the voluntary giving of help. What is voluntary about using taxpayer dollars?
Once again Planned Parenthood is not the only clinic that receives federal funding, this was a bipartisan agreement that has been in place for over 40 years to fund these facilities and help low income people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies