Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

My premiums went up a $1000 per month which is $12000 per year... I thought it was suppose to go down $2500 per year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 06:45 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
What makes you think all foreign workers are more qualified than 'murican ? Do you have first hand knowledge ?
When was the last time you visited a big hospital ? If I was a company who contracted 5 foreign workers under the legal wrk visa and you forced removal,,, I'd sue you. If you removed the program, congress have to approve I believe--- so... One thing I knowwww. Is the wheels of congress move. Slowwwww. If it moves at all. Still waiting On budgets to be passed !? Yea

Old 11-29-2016, 06:45 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
My premiums went up a $1000 per month which is $12000 per year... I thought it was suppose to go down $2500 per year...
Don't expect any leftee to understand or even attempt to do math.....it's against their rules....

Old 11-29-2016, 06:46 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I'd like to read those articles. Could you post links, please? Thanks!
There's this thing called google:

Insourcing: American Lose Jobs to H-1B Visa Workers | The Huffington ...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judy-f..._11173074.html
Jul 26, 2016 - Insourcing: American Lose Jobs to H-1B Visa Workers ... Disney laid off 850 American workers, some of whom were given 90 days to train their ...
Displaced American STEM workers spur Senate hearing | Science ...
http://www.sciencemag.org/careers/.....senate-hearing
Mar 3, 2016 - Displaced American STEM workers spur Senate hearing ... with workers on H-1B skilled guest worker visas and to force the laid-off Americans ...
Lawsuits Claim Disney Colluded to Replace U.S. Workers With ...
http://www.nytimes.com/.../us/lawsui...workers-with-i...
Jan 25, 2016 - Large Companies Game H-1B Visa Program, Costing the U.S. Jobs NOV. ... Dena Moore, another American tech employee who was laid off ...
'You're Fired!' The Abuses of 'Skilled' Worker Visa Programs | The ...
http://www.progressive.org/news/.../...-visa-programs
Feb 22, 2016 - The H-1B visa has its origins in the 1990 Immigration Act and was ... Even when H-1B workers aren't much cheaper than U.S. workers, the ...
Caterpillar Hires H-1B Foreign Graduates, Dumps 300 American ...
http://www.breitbart.com/.../caterpi...00-american-pr...
Sep 6, 2016 - Caterpillar is firing 300 American employees in Mossville, Illinois, even ... Since 2012, Caterpillar has requested 768 visas for H-1B workers.
Laid-off IT workers muzzled as H-1B debate heats up | Computerworld
http://www.computerworld.com/.../lai...te-heats-up.ht...
Jan 28, 2016 - IT workers in the U.S. are challenging their replacement by foreign visa holders. Lawsuits are on the rise. Lawmakers are being called. And yet ...
Disney sued for replacing American workers with foreigners - Jan. 25 ...
money.cnn.com/2016/01/25/technology/disney-h1b-workers/
Jan 25, 2016 - Both were laid off from their IT jobs at Walt Disney World in Orlando in January 2015. ... H-1B visas, the most common visa for high-skilled foreign workers. ... By law, H-1B workers can't replace American workers, and the suit ...
WATCH: Fired Disney Worker Breaks Down Describing Humiliation of ...
https://www.conservativereview.com/....hen-describing...
Feb 25, 2016 - They have joined in on the all too recent practice of H-1B Visa fraud. ... “I have been contacted by numerous American workers at many ...
H-1B visa - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa
Jump to Risks for employees - H-1B visa holders may be sponsored for their green cards by their ... for Alien Labor Certification, filed with the U.S. Department of Labor. ... but if the employee is laid off, he or she may have to leave the ...
Workers Laid Off By H-1B Immigrants Speak Out - The American Interest
Workers Laid Off By H-1B Immigrants Speak Out - The American Interest
Jun 16, 2016 - Workers Laid Off By H-1B Immigrants Speak Out. American workers who've been replaced by immigrants brought over on the H-1B visa are ...
Searches related to american workers fired for

Old 11-29-2016, 06:48 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Don't expect any leftee to understand or even attempt to do math.....it's against their rules....
Think I need to change my user name ... you didn't get the message. My premiums also went up by $900 per month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're ASSuming that obama never mislead anyone...post 38...please read...
No president fulfills their promises 100%

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
The tech industry is going to pay a very heavy price... their visas are going bye-bye... payback is a... Merry Christmas...

Old 11-29-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Think I need to change my user name ... you didn't get the message. My premiums also went up by $900 per month.
And this has to do with visas???

Old 11-29-2016, 06:50 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,468,414 times
Easiest way to fix the H1B program is to limit it to 30,000-50,000 visas/year and allow the visa holder to switch employers at will after a year for the duration of their visa. No company is going to use the program as a cost-cutting mechanism if they have to go through the process of bringing someone here and possibly having to train them just to have them walk for a better paying position after a year. This solution still allows companies to address actual labor/skills gaps, doesn't create any more regulatory burden, and mitigates program abuse while allowing for more individual freedom. Killing the program would be foolish. Something like half of Silicon Valley start-ups were started by immigrants.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:52 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
When was the last time you visited a big hospital ? If I was a company who contracted 5 foreign workers under the legal wrk visa and you forced removal,,, I'd sue you. If you removed the program, congress have to approve I believe--- so... One thing I knowwww. Is the wheels of congress move. Slowwwww. If it moves at all. Still waiting On budgets to be passed !? Yea
Who are you going to sue ? The Feds if they get rid of the H-1B program or put a temporary hold in it ? And what the h*ll does a big hospital have to do with anything ?

Do you know what an executive order is and do you think Trump would have any trouble getting H-1B and other visa program changes through Congress since the GOP controls the House and Senate ?

Have another mojito ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies