Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 10:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile the DNC is getting ready to elect a former Nation of Islam member to head the party.

Of course there is silence about that by the Trump deranged.

It's that old Double Standard again.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:04 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Just read the entire thread.

Not one poster condemned the KKK or their upcoming parade.

THAT is quiet acceptance.

No, that is acceptance of the first amendment. They have a right to march, and state their opinions, as much as anyone else. So long as they don't get violent or incite violence. I don't condone their message and I think they're clowns, but they do have a right to those opinions and to be clowns. (shrug)

So, I'll condemn the message, but I won't condemn the right to that message. I won't condemn anybody just for having an opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Unlike these leftist SJWs who want opinions they don't like censored and even outlawed. Last I checked the Constitution is still the law of the land. A right is a right. You can't parcel the first amendment out into only things you agree with, no matter how offensive you may personally find what someone says.

Defending someones right to their opinion in no way means acceptance of that opinion. Yes, red the entire thread. I see a LOT of condemnation of the Klan and what they represent. But condemning them for exercising their rights? Not so much. I don't like BLM, NoI, NBP, the communists, enviro wackos, and a bunch of other groups views on things. But so long as their not committing crimes to get that message out I can't condemn them just for having beliefs. March, protest, organize events, make speeches, good for them.

You're confusing allowing people their right to free speech with acceptance of what they say.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:08 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Waallllllllllllllllllllllllll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

Old 12-03-2016, 11:12 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
No, that is acceptance of the first amendment. They have a right to march, and state their opinions, as much as anyone else. So long as they don't get violent or incite violence. I don't condone their message and I think they're clowns, but they do have a right to those opinions and to be clowns. (shrug)

So, I'll condemn the message, but I won't condemn the right to that message. I won't condemn anybody just for having an opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Unlike these leftist SJWs who want opinions they don't like censored and even outlawed. Last I checked the Constitution is still the law of the land. A right is a right. You can't parcel the first amendment out into only things you agree with, no matter how offensive you may personally find what someone says.

Defending someones right to their opinion in no way means acceptance of that opinion. Yes, red the entire thread. I see a LOT of condemnation of the Klan and what they represent. But condemning them for exercising their rights? Not so much. I don't like BLM, NoI, NBP, the communists, enviro wackos, and a bunch of other groups views on things. But so long as their not committing crimes to get that message out I can't condemn them just for having beliefs. March, protest, organize events, make speeches, good for them.

You're confusing allowing people their right to free speech with acceptance of what they say.
This used to be called common sense.

Now it's hate speech.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:13 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Just read the entire thread.

Not one poster condemned the KKK or their upcoming parade.

THAT is quiet acceptance.
So if one doesn't publicly condemn groups, that must mean they quietly support them?

Old 12-03-2016, 11:18 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Scum of the earth? Wow, that was a quick transition from veiled name calling to actual name calling.
A man who mocks the handicapped and brags about sexual assault....yes, scum of the earth.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:24 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
They want to literally take things back 60 years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPypNlign0

Old 12-03-2016, 11:34 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
The KKK? Since when have they been remotely relevant? Good chance there are a lot of undercover FBI agents in their ranks anyway.

Why does the left never bring up anti-white organizations like the Nation of Islam to smear whatever candidate they happen to prefer?

Old 12-03-2016, 11:37 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
They want to literally take things back 60 years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPypNlign0
Whats wrong? I just see a safe space. I thought you libs liked safe spaces?

Old 12-03-2016, 11:56 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
This used to be called common sense.

Now it's hate speech.

Yea. Well these types that want to see the things they dislike stifled, like this Klan march, are the same ones who are gushing all over other "in your face" expression for things they agree with. Gay pride parades are a big one. What goes on at some of those events is offensive as hell, even to gays and lesbians, but is still protected under our Constitution.

Nobody is forced to attend any event they find offensive, or is required to agree with the message any event may convey. Not yet anyway. There are also people out there who step out the door every morning with the sole intent of being in folks faces with some "pride" thing or another. Sometimes they get more than a bit out of hand with it as well. When they take their "expression" into the realm of getting hands on, that's where I draw the line. And have on a couple occasions.

Still, I believe that so long as a particular method of expression remains peaceful and doesn't violate anyone elses rights, it's all good. I'm sure this Klan march will be met with some sort of counter march, which is all good as well. Welcome to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies