Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 02:01 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
every a$$hat that voted for this buffoon should be ashamed of themselves right now.
this^^^^^^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 02:03 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why do you think it is scary?

For that matter how do you even know what Trump is being briefed on?
Because I READ. More than one source. You should try it.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:34 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
source link? cnn?
I haven't read all the posts, so I might be repeating. He was asked the question this morning by Chris Wallace and his answer was that he didn't need to hear the same information everyday, unless there is something new to report.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:41 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
He's getting Pentagon briefings. His national security advisor used to work for DIA before he was pushed out.

Pentagon Briefings Start Friday for Trump Transition Team

The CIA can't be too happy with him getting briefs on Syria from the Pentagon after this.

Media has been covering up thsi story and others where the CIA has failed to vet Syrian rebels

Old 12-11-2016, 03:50 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Just more Trump hypocrisy, saying Obama didn't read his intel briefs and then pulls this crap.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 12-11-2016, 03:59 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
What problem do you have with Trump not being briefed everyday if nothing has changed from the previous brief and the brief for the current day is a repeat with nothing new to report?
Sorry, Trump really needs to hear the briefing first hand (as his advisors are the one then that relay informations which is then filtered to their particular view of importance). I wonder if his advisors got the latest intel info about Dec. 10th bombing in Turkey? Any decision Trump makes MUST be heard by Him since any and all decisions ( good or bad) fall at his feet.. It really does come across that Trump's priority is to stroke his ego versus actually taking the time to LEARN.. Is Trump really that LAZY??

Breaking news on Explosion in Istanbul, Turkey, Dec. 10, 2016 - breakingnews.com

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/mi...t-by-explosion

https://youtu.be/u2ZhT8WzO8A

https://youtu.be/Y3Hw4fEtVEA

Old 12-11-2016, 04:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Fake news story by dems.
Really? Even when it came form the horse's mouth?

Old 12-11-2016, 04:09 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Cool WHY is Trump refusing his inteliigence briefings?

Because he's the smartest guy he knows.

Besides, he has Putin to keep him informed on the really important stuff.

Believe me.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:29 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Why didn't you post the rest of Trump's quote? From your source:

"In the meantime, my generals are great — are being briefed. And Mike Pence is being briefed, who is, by the way, one of my very good decisions,"...."They're being briefed. And I'm being briefed also."

"But if they're going to come in and tell me the exact same thing that they tell me — you know, it doesn't change, necessarily. Now, there will be times where it might change. I mean, there will be some very fluid situations. I'll be there not every day, but more than that. But I don't need to be told, Chris, the same thing every day, every morning — same words. 'Sir, nothing has changed. Let's go over it again.' I don't need that."

What Trump said and his thought process make perfect sense to me. I'm not sure what the outrage is about in this case.

Me neither. But much of this anti-Trump rhetoric has been spewed from the vial mouth of Harry Reid, time and time again, and the Snowflake Libbies® eat it up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b01180b5317f6e

Old 12-12-2016, 02:50 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Default Donald Trump defends not participating in daily intelligence briefings

Seriously?

"Asked on “Fox News Sunday” about his decision to receive a Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) just once a week, which is highly unusual compared to other recent presidents, Mr. Trump replied: “I get it when I need it.”
“You know, I’m, like, a smart person,” he said. “I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years -- but eight years. I don’t need that. But I do say, ‘If something should change, let us know.’”

the rest of the article is here:

Donald Trump on less-frequent intelligence briefings: "I get it when I need it" - CBS News

On Sunday he says he's too smart for daily briefings. Does anyone else find this concerning? In terms of our security? I understand Mike Pence and generals are getting their briefings, but Trump declines. I find this unacceptable, he signed up for this job and this is part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies