Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 08:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,402,282 times

Advertisements

Given a CIA facilitated illogical media narrative that undermines the election results in the minds of the angry:

the media, liberal politicians, and pundits are going to be agitating for electors to be faithless in December and for Trump not to be inaugurated in January.

Beyond this, we may expect violence .

The flaw in the argument is that for an elector to be faithless on the basis of the perception that the election would have gone Hillary's way if not for the very real and legitimate DNC emails that were released, the elector must decide to delegitimize the personal agency of each individual Trump voter in the state.

Essentially, the elector must decide for each voter that he or she was incapable of filtering information or having deeper convictions as an adult citizen, and that the elector will instead cast their vote for them contrary to how they actually voted.

Such a decision invalidates the cognitive competency and agency of each voter, based on the elector's feelings on the subject.

It removes the voting public's voting rights, founded in the ever-continuing Leftist condescension that conservative voters are not cognitively able to think clearly (usually couched in a 'lack of education' narrative).

The fact is that I would have voted for trump with or without said emails. If I would have, then it can not be assumed that anyone else would have done anything differently.

The other fact is that fake news from the Left has done much to shape and recruit liberal voters in this nation.

Regardless, we will continue to see the constant agitation, based in a carefully crafted and spun narrative, like this:

Tweets from Keith Olberman

Russians interfered, Sec. of State nominee is a Putin pal.@realDonaldTrump wasn't elected - it's a coup. From 11/1

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/s...68679400271872

It's critical to prevent Russia's act of war from leading to Trump taking the oath. From 9/28: Is Trump Loyal To US?

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/s...52532382679040

A quote from a Democrat Senator

"To the extent that foreign interference in the United States presidential elections may have influenced the final result, I believe the electors have the right to consider that,” Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) said in a statement to POLITICO on Saturday

Dem congressman: Electoral College has 'right' to weigh Russian hacking - POLITICO

A Tweet from the proven-to-be-inept Nate Silver

Clinton lost 4 states (FL, MI, WI, PA) by ~1 point. If not for Comey/Russia, she probably wins them all by ~2 points & strategy looks great.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...40627101900800

Additionally, the media is attempting to spin the Putin familiarity of Rex Tillerson, Trump's selection for secretary of State, as a characteristic that is potentially treasonous instead of beneficial to engendering peace with the second military superpower in the world. They leave out that such diplomatic ties for the Secretary of State are usually considered a good thing. What's next, a review of John Kerry's personal connection with Israel?

What may occur:

the agitation will continue. Trump will be inaugurated. The poorest and most desperate of the liberal underclass will riot and force as well as justify a crackdown on their actions. The liberal press will irretrievably lose their credibility and press reforms will be forced to be instituted in order to ensure public peace moving forward, in avoidance of socially destabilizing liberal fake news narratives.

The beginning of this action has already been passed by the Senate and the House, and will be signed into law. It seems to be a reaction to Trump's election, but it will be used on the liberal media machine as necessary:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counte...nformation_Act

The potential escalation:

Such action will provoke more rioting, and the crackdown will increase in intensity. At this point, the nation may de facto fracture if not break out into low intensity skirmishes between factions.

All because the liberals don't know when to stop doubling down and take their medicine so that the political pressure be released from half of the nation as it did for the other half in the past eight years.

Sore losers can, indeed, permanently ruin the game if they are not careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 08:10 PM

575 posts, read 299,271 times
Quote:
What will likely occur:
What will also occur is a call by Republicans and Democrats for a thorough Congressional Investigation. I generally don't like to make predictions with such certitude, but given the statements of Senators McCain, Graham and especially Sen Corker it looks like a good bet.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:10 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,668,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrollin View Post
Deflection and spin aside, you're okay with Russia interfering with the election to help your candidate? You don't think that undermines our democratic system?
Of course they don't. Corruption only matters when it's on the other side of their aisle.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Deflection and spin aside, you're okay with Russia interfering with the election to help your candidate? You don't think that undermines our democratic system?
Name your deflection and spin or have such comments considered to be "deflective" noise.

Regardless, an investigation at this particular juncture serves only to undermine social stability. There is literally no other possible justification for it.

What can be the outcome? Trump not being inaugurated?

You'll have a hot civil war should that occur.

You either want that or you don't. If you don't, then you would agree with me that this is the worst possible time for this type of agitation that can otherwise certainly be delayed for two months.

Such an investigation, and the surrounding media noise, would be much more responsibly handled after the inauguration. So, again, the only purpose of this agitation is social instability.

Second, the emails and their contents are valid. More concerning would be if they were invented by Russia. They were not. This is the actual "spin" being conducted by the MSM that is most important to identify.

Second to undermining Trump's presidency based on a yet to be proven allegation that is being taken up by the media as if evidence has been offered, the purpose of this MSM narrative is to take the focus off of their disgusting behavior as an explicit Leftist propaganda organ leading up to the election (in a vain yet certain to be unsuccessful attempt at regaining their credibility), as well as to take the focus off of the contents of the emails.

Last, I'm good with agreeing that "interference" by Russia is a bad thing even when they are releasing valid emails that everyone should have knowledge of, if you are willing to concede that the McCarthy hunts for "Russian interference" were valid and should be reopened so that we can discover how communists have "interfered" in our government from the end of WWII forward. Deal?

Old 12-10-2016, 08:58 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
Quote:
What evidence is that Russia interfered with the election?

We've gotten a lot of spin, and propaganda, but what actually hard evidence is there that Russia interfered with the election?

Old 12-10-2016, 08:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,114,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Name your deflection and spin or have such comments considered to be "deflective" noise.

Regardless, an investigation at this particular juncture serves only to undermine social stability. There is literally no other possible justification for it.

What can be the outcome? Trump not being inaugurated?

You'll have a hot civil war should that occur.

You either want that or you don't. If you don't, then you would agree with me that this is the worst possible time for this type of agitation that can otherwise certainly be delayed for two months.

Such an investigation, and the surrounding media noise, would be much more responsibly handled after the inauguration. So, again, the only purpose of this agitation is social instability.

Second, the emails and their contents are valid. More concerning would be if they were invented by Russia. They were not. This is the actual "spin" being conducted by the MSM that is most important to identify.

Second to undermining Trump's presidency based on a yet to be proven allegation that is being taken up by the media as if evidence has been offered, the purpose of this MSM narrative is to take the focus off of their disgusting behavior as an explicit Leftist propaganda organ leading up to the election (in a vain yet certain to be unsuccessful attempt at regaining their credibility), as well as to take the focus off of the contents of the emails.

Last, I'm good with agreeing that "interference" by Russia is a bad thing even when they are releasing valid emails that everyone should have knowledge of, if you are willing to concede that the McCarthy hunts for "Russian interference" were valid and should be reopened so that we can discover how communists have "interfered" in our government from the end of WWII forward. Deal?
Under such an event Trump would be replaced by a different Republican by the Electoral College.

Lastly there is the issue everyone seems to be forgetting. Look I get that many are happy that Hillary lost but what happens when it's reversed and it's the Republicans that are being targeted by a foreign country? There are reports that the Russians also hacked the RNC servers but did not release the obtained data. I wonder why? Gee, could they be using that data to obtain the GOP's compliance? I wonder ....

Sucks for the Trumpkins but they are going to have to see their man be replaced by a different Republican.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:06 PM

3,333 posts, read 1,966,519 times
Quote:
Care to comment on the millions of dollars Clinton collected from third world crap holes?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Under such an event Trump would be replaced by a different Republican by the Electoral College.
Who, if I may ask?

I don't think that's accurate. Trump had no personal connection to the hacking. Trump is not being indicted by the press, and thus would not be passed over for some other Republican. There is no foundation for that outcome.

The election result in favor of the Republicans is what is being indicted by the press. Thus, any other result would necessarily have to find in favor of Clinton.

and:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/46467758-post1.html

Quote:
Lastly there is the issue everyone seems to be forgetting. Look I get that many are happy that Hillary lost but what happens when it's reversed and it's the Republicans that are being targeted by a foreign country?
See my aforementioned implication in regard to McCarthy. The conservatives have been shouting about foreign communist interference in the government and social fabric of the United States for decades.

For most of the twentieth century, communism was equivalent to Russia.

Since the conservatives began raising the alarm, the liberal press has been repressing that alarm. Why? Because social and economic Marxism undertows work in their ideological favor; not to mention any possible sympathy with communist Russia itself as a possible ideological anchor for their views.

Thus, no cigar. We know that the liberal establishment will care less should there be foreign interference that works in their favor. We've been attempting to route out the Russians and their ideological allies for decades.

Quote:
There are reports that the Russians also hacked the RNC servers but did not release the obtained data. I wonder why? Gee, could they be using that data to obtain the GOP's compliance? I wonder ....
We'll never know unless it happens. Everything else is speculation.

Quote:
Sucks for the Trumpkins but they are going to have to see their man be replaced by a different Republican.
Unfortunate for your political calculations, I think not. See my linked-to post above. The democrats will not get to use their own incompetence for the reason as to why they replace the opposition's president-elect. It won't happen, and if they attempt to use this simpleton's plan then they are likely to create social chaos either because it succeeds or because it fails.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:34 PM

35,739 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Keep your pants on people. We have seen corruption before and all kinds of politicians fall.. What you going to do if this time it was your candidate? Fight with the neighbors? Make them come arrest you? In the end the law, or fed or local or even the nat guard will come and restore peace of the few upset. And I mean few.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
Imagine what the next campaign would look like. ouch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies