Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 10:18 PM

979 posts, read 490,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The USA, is all the sudden respected, like overnight. Domestic economic confidence has been restored and this is set to be one of the best Christmas's in decades.
If America 1st upsets you, this may not be the nation you need to invest in any longer. Take your pick, I'm sure a Go Fund Me page will net you more than enough, to get you to the destination of your choice.
Yes, that is true, Russia magically started to respect the US because they finally have a puppet as the president of the US. If I were Putin, I would be very excited being able to use the US however he wants. Or were you referring to the crony capitalism that we are seeing where corporate owners are lining up for their cut of taxpayer money?

As for my destination, that is the northwest, this is my home, this will always be my home, and I have no plans on leaving my home. Besides, my family and my business is in the northwest, and why would I want to leave all that just because some conservatives were dumb enough to elect an Orange Clown Monster to be president. At this point, I see him mostly hurting them to benefit himself and his friends. It is gonna be funny watching the damages he will do to everyone who supports the Republican party.

He's gonna bring back those factory jobs at the same pay scale the Chinese get paid to work them. It will save so much on shipping and make the corporate fat cats so much money, all while the government cuts them a check for "keeping these jobs in the US."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I voted for Obama and was disappointed in his first four years. Thinking he needed a bit more time, I voted for him again. And within the first year or so of his second term, I was done.

Not once did I hope he would screw up the country. Even if Hillary, a lying, self-centered, criminal was elected, I would not hope she would screw up this country.

What the HELL is wrong with you people that you're so hate filled you would wish this?

You two are a big reason so many of us can no longer call ourselves Democrats. The party is filled with sick in the head people who are vile.
Well that is probably why you didn't hope he would screw up the country....though to correct you, I don't hope Trump screws up the country, I expect him to screw up the country. Obama did a lot of good for the country including working us out of one of the worst recessions we have experienced in this country.

I have no faith in Trump, especially watching him fill his cabinet with billionaires, DC insiders, and Wall Street insiders. We are getting a very crony capitalism presidency that will make the swamp even more murky. I wish and hope that he doesn't do this, but at this time, I think he will make things worse.

As for what with Democrats because we liberals have no problem calling Trump names? Does it bother you to support Republicans who also had no problem calling Obama and his supporters names? It is a fair question, you can't be upset at one thing while ignoring it from the other side.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
This will be a one-term presidency and minimum wage will be the stumbling block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I believe that minimum wage will be an emerging issue which will divide the country and tarnish his tenure in office.
the democrats had a couple of shots at increasing the minimum wage and did nothing about it.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the democrats had a couple of shots at increasing the minimum wage and did nothing about it.
When did the Democrats have a chance to increase minimum wage? It was raised in 2009 during Obama's first year in office during the recession. In 2010, the Republicans took control of Congress and made raising the minimum wage near impossible.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:14 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You would think people would've learned a lesson about making predictions after this election. 8 weeks ago, they're predicting a Clinton landslide and dancing in the streets. Now, they're just certain it'll be one term.

Not me, he won't last two years.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:29 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Not me, he won't last two years.
After he was supposed to not have a chance in the primaries and after he was going to lose the general election by a landslide.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:22 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There has not been a one-term Presidency since George H.W. Bush who was defeated in 1992.

Before the election, I had a feeling that either Hillary or Trump would become America's next one-term President. Both choices had all of the makings of it.

Could this be a blessing in disguise for Democrats?

Libs are hoping and praying.

Assuming that an event is "due" is a statistical error called "the gambler's fallacy".

Old 12-09-2016, 06:25 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
From page 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I guess I am a wait and see type of guy. If Donald Trumps campaign is any indicator of his presidency then he will be impeached within a year.
I know people what to throw the "I" word out there... you do understand both houses of Congress lean right.

When Clinton was impeached, the right controlled both Houses of Congress. So the environment back then was more supportive to something like that taking place.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:33 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
I agree this will be a one term Presidency. But only because Trump himself will walk away when his term is done. He will have accomplished what he set out to do and will see no reason to continue.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:35 AM

7,503 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There has not been a one-term Presidency since George H.W. Bush who was defeated in 1992.

Before the election, I had a feeling that either Hillary or Trump would become America's next one-term President. Both choices had all of the makings of it.

Could this be a blessing in disguise for Democrats?
You will not see another democrat in the whitehouse for at least 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies