Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 05:11 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Not only that, I'm sure that having a woman on it at all has all these folks having a major identity crisis. Women and money! No, it can never happen!
I don't understand why in 2016, we still have the old sexist thinking. I am a guy and I don't care if a woman can outdo me in whatever. More power to her. Ill still be a gentleman and hold doors open and such but I have no respect for a woman who can't hold her own.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Yuuuge fail.

These people means inner city black people causing problems. Not all black people. Not even the ones in Alabama. Nice try

White people in gangs killing each other? LOL.

Statistically black youth commit 50 percent of the murders. So like 3 % if the population is committing 50% of the murders. 60% of the robberies and a high percentage of other violent crime.

So let's start fixing the problem

All this means is that 3000 murders are shared by 3% of the population. In a country of 300 million. So this actually means that the percentage of black peoppe who commit murders is not even 1%.

But you think it's fair to condemn an entire race for being 50% go a low volume occurance.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:44 PM

1,362 posts, read 875,318 times
Harriet Tubman should be capitalized in the thread title. She's a veteran, you know. She deserves respect.

And why would Trump remove her likeness from the twenty-dollar bill? What possible motivation would he have to do that?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:04 PM

9,142 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
We might have a "Trump" 20.00 Lol

Old 12-10-2016, 06:48 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Harriet Tubman should be capitalized in the thread title. She's a veteran, you know. She deserves respect.

And why would Trump remove her likeness from the twenty-dollar bill? What possible motivation would he have to do that?
Because the only reason for putting her on it in the first place was so that white liberals could feel reeeeealllll good about themselves. And he doesn't like those people and enjoys antagonizing them. Much to my enjoyment.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:17 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
All this means is that 3000 murders are shared by 3% of the population. In a country of 300 million. So this actually means that the percentage of black peoppe who commit murders is not even 1%.

But you think it's fair to condemn an entire race for being 50% go a low volume occurance.
Condemn an entire race? Please pay attention.

Enough with the "you're a racist" attacks

Old 12-10-2016, 07:56 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Condemn an entire race? Please pay attention.

Enough with the "you're a racist" attacks
Then you should stop being one.
I am sure you are aware of you take those crime stats with proper socioeconomic context they are identical among both races. If you take crime stats from whites who live in high crime area and stack them against crimes committed by Blacks who live in a similar neighborhood they are identical.
You want to stop crime in the inner city start with poverty in the inner city.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:28 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,954,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Harriet Tubman was a famous figure, but not notable enough to American history that she should even be considered for being on the 20 dollar bill. I could see her on a one dollar limited run coin like the Sacajawea coin, but nothing as major as a twenty dollar bill. The only reason that she was picked was because she was a Black woman and progressives feel the need to add racial diversity to our money.
Exactly. She did some good deeds, but didn't really add any lasting change to the country. She was an abolishionist, but so were thousands of other people. Rosa Parks was more influential than Tubman in the big scheme of things.

What's really BS about the whole thing was that it was supposed to be Hamilton that was supposed to be replaced as the $10 bill is next up for a refresh. They decided on Jackson because of a write in campaign by new found Hamilton fans because of the stupid play. So it basically came down to pop culture. The switch up is costing US tax payers extra due to the rush order to get Tubman on there ASAP.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
I can't wait to see her face on it!
Same here. And I didn't even care until I found out that conservatives don't like it.

Now I want black faces on all the money.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:33 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Why don't you want Harriet Tubman on the bill. Please explain why, using oh its tradition isn't an argument. Because you could easily argue that we should cut off theives hands since it is a biblical tradition.
There are only 6 denomination of US currency and about 10,000 people who wish were on them. Why Harriet Tubman whom I had never heard of before? Reminds of third world countries where the first thing they change after a coup is to put the new guy on the currency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies