Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 09:50 AM

858 posts, read 707,559 times

Advertisements

From day 1, he's been undermined as President. He's had birthers challenging his legitimacy. He's had Republicans flat out say that their single objective was to make him a one term President...that they will go against anything he offers. That they will shut down Government. We've had congressmen go behind the White House's back in an attempt to torpedo the Iran agreement. (one that was negotiated by many countries, not just us). Now, with not even a month left, Trump just can't control himself and has to interject and oppose everything Obama does or says. It's sad. This should all have been handled better by the Republicans.

To compare to Bush, people were against the Iraq war but once we were in it, the feelings I got from Congress were that we were in it together. We didn't have bills try to defund the war. We didn't have all the backstabbing. Obama didn't get elected and then speak publicly against Bush in his last days.

And I'm sure someone will post that Obama was a horrible President and that Republicans were right but that's not what I am posting about. There's a decorum that should be present. If this becomes the norm, then Democrats can do the same thing. We'll just have a tit for tat on every issue. We already look like a bunch of children and and I fear that it is only going to get worse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 10:03 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,264 times
His actions and words have sealed his fate.

I will have the most transparent administration in history.

The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.

I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.

The IRS is not targeting anyone.

It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.

I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".

You didn't build that!

I will restore trust in Government.

The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.

The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk

It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.

Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.

We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.

I am not spying on American citizens.

Obama Care will be good for America ..

You can keep your family doctor.

Premiums will be lowered by $2500.

If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan.

It's just like shopping at Amazon.

I knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.

I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.

I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi .

I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told
to leave the country over 20 years ago.

And, I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.

If elected I promise not to renew the Patriot Act.

If elected I will end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan within the 1st 9 months of my term.

I will close Guantanamo within the first 6 months of my term.

I will bridge the gap between black and white and between America and other countries.

And the biggest one of all:

"I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America ." AND he lied twice on this one

Old 12-24-2016, 10:04 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
I think you got your holidays mixed up.

It's Christmas Eve not April Fools Day.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:07 AM

112 posts, read 115,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
From day 1, he's been undermined as President. He's had birthers challenging his legitimacy. He's had Republicans flat out say that their single objective was to make him a one term President...that they will go against anything he offers. That they will shut down Government. We've had congressmen go behind the White House's back in an attempt to torpedo the Iran agreement. (one that was negotiated by many countries, not just us). Now, with not even a month left, Trump just can't control himself and has to interject and oppose everything Obama does or says. It's sad. This should all have been handled better by the Republicans.

To compare to Bush, people were against the Iraq war but once we were in it, the feelings I got from Congress were that we were in it together. We didn't have bills try to defund the war. We didn't have all the backstabbing. Obama didn't get elected and then speak publicly against Bush in his last days.

And I'm sure someone will post that Obama was a horrible President and that Republicans were right but that's not what I am posting about. There's a decorum that should be present. If this becomes the norm, then Democrats can do the same thing. We'll just have a tit for tat on every issue. We already look like a bunch of children and and I fear that it is only going to get worse
Absolutely-well stated!!!

Old 12-24-2016, 10:10 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Wanting to Make Obama a 1 term President Dems are already talking impeachment for Trump. What a bunch of hypocrites.

When did you ever see Trump go to the Republicans and say lets compromise. Harry Reid protected O by sitting on over 350 Bills.

The Middle East (and Europe) 90% of that is his cause by pulling out prematurely. He let ISIS grow and fester.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:10 AM

112 posts, read 115,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".

You didn't build that!

We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.

I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told

And, I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.

If elected I will end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan within the 1st 9 months of my term.

I will bridge the gap between black and white and between America and other countries.

"I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America ." AND he lied twice on this one
Just make sure you're as thorough with noting Trumps "contradictions". If you do I'm sure you'll run out of space.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:11 AM

34,019 posts, read 17,050,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wanting to Make Obama a 1 term President

Dems are already talking impeachment for Trump. What a bunch of hypocrites.

amen

Old 12-24-2016, 10:12 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
They were afraid of Obama. They threw every single thing including their zipper getting stuck on him. But I think he will shine more after trump gets done. History will record all and some will accept the truth. But as some still miss g bush - they will never ever say Obama did anything right. And that's forever.. Only thing that can happen -is the old farts die off and hopefully their biased ideology. I think with what he had to work with and the terrible obstructions, he did good. The country would have faired better- if the congress were not such pinheads. I feel they are more to blame on our problems than any president

Old 12-24-2016, 10:15 AM

45,217 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

You didn't build that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I think you got your holidays mixed up.

It's Christmas Eve not April Fools Day.
and that about wraps this thread up

Old 12-24-2016, 10:16 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They were afraid of Obama. They threw every single thing including their zipper getting stuck on him. But I think he will shine more after trump gets done. History will record all and some will accept the truth. But as some still miss g bush - they will never ever say Obama did anything right. And that's forever.. Only thing that can happen -is the old farts die off and hopefully their biased ideology.
Got done? The only thing he got done was Obamacare and it's a total failure.

He didn't know how not to be a dictator and passed his will by EO's. Those will be revoked within the next 30 days.

He was not a President who knew how to lead or get things done in Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies