Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 11:24 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times

Advertisements

Great graph I would make 2 changes move MSNBC one line to the Right and Faux Snooze should be almost one like to the right. Faux Snooze during the first 4 years of Obama they were pretty close to Breitbart of today with the BS stories about Obama. Breitbart and Alex Jones is the worst of the worst with the conspiracy theory BS I would move both 2 to 3 more lines to the right. MSNBC does not lean to there said at the same level as Faux Snoozew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 11:27 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
That graphic is a joke it shows the Washington post and NY times as being mainstream and unbiased. LOL. Ok.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:40 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Great graph I would make 2 changes move MSNBC one line to the Right and Faux Snooze should be almost one like to the right. Faux Snooze during the first 4 years of Obama they were pretty close to Breitbart of today with the BS stories about Obama. Breitbart and Alex Jones is the worst of the worst with the conspiracy theory BS I would move both 2 to 3 more lines to the right. MSNBC does not lean to there said at the same level as Faux Snoozew
Lol!!!!!! Oh, come on.... get real. I watched MSNBC election night, as bummed as I was about the election, watching the meltdowns that night was unbelievably entertaining. From Chris Matthews cursing to the guy sincerely saying Hillary could still win if she took Alaska to Rachel Maddox announcing this was not some bad dream but reality, and much of what was in between, it was like some really creative SNL skit.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:09 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Again, what credible graph would have a Y axis title labeled as "Basic As Fu$$"?

That slang indicates this was put together by a millennial with an agenda.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:30 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
I group these into the same general category:

Huffington Post
Slate
Salon
Vox
Medium
Mother Jones
Vice
Alternet
The Young Turks
Daily Kos
The Atlantic
Buzzfeed
Jezebel
Mic
Verge
The Atlantic

Just at a glance: the graph in the OP has the "n" in NPR on the left and the "pr" in NPR on the right... and NPR is pretty far from unbiased. At the very least it should be in the "Skews Liberal" swimlane.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:33 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Any reason you chose to leave out Rupert Murdoch ( worth $12 billion) who owns/ major shareholder of The Fox Empre, WSJ, NY Post, Times of London and numerous supermarket tabloids?
Murdoch of course is a another huge oligarch and definitely must be included. Reading and buying that stuff from the ruling class is to pay to get lied to.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
http://i.imgur.com/IllGGWP.jpg

Some will get all mad at this Graph and call it lies, but they are probably to brainwashed to see the truth.

If you are sitting there reading Breitbart religiously, I would seriously consider stopping. City Data should be deleting more fake outrage baiting articles that constantly get posted here.
Nice graphic!

Old 12-15-2016, 12:35 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post

Huffington Post
Slate
Salon
Vox
Medium
Mother Jones
Vice
Alternet
The Young Turks
Daily Kos
The Atlantic
Buzzfeed
Jezebel
Mic
Verge
The Atlantic

Just at a glance: the graph in the OP has the "n" in NPR on the left and the "pr" in NPR on the right... and NPR is pretty far from unbiased. At the very least it should be in the "Skews Liberal" swimlane.

All of them are opinion sources with an agenda.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:39 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Some will get all mad at this Graph and call it lies, but they are probably to brainwashed to see the truth.
I can see the bias in Fox reporting, if you can't see the bias in CNN and the NYT as examples I can assure I'm not the one that has been brainwashed.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:47 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post

Huffington Post
Slate
Salon
Vox
Medium
Mother Jones
Vice
Alternet
The Young Turks
Daily Kos
The Atlantic
Buzzfeed
Jezebel
Mic
Verge
The Atlantic

Vox is definitely neoliberal, not social democratic. They pay lip service to social democracy because polling shows majority support in America for this, but Vox sing another tune when social democratic policies might actually be implemented. Then they relentlessly attack the policies and their advocates.

Quote:
Neoliberalism (neo-liberalism) refers primarily to the 20th century resurgence of 19th century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism. These include extensive economic liberalization policies such as privatization, fiscal austerity, deregulation, free trade, and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy.
Quote:
Social democracy is a political, social and economic ideology that supports economic and social interventions to promote social justice within the framework of a capitalist economy; and a policy regime involving collective bargaining arrangements, a commitment to representative democracy, measures for income redistribution, regulation of the economy in the general interest and welfare state provisions.[1][2][3] Social democracy thus aims to create the conditions for capitalism to lead to greater democratic, egalitarian and solidaristic outcomes
People shouldnt confuse being socially liberal and focused on identity politics with being economically progressive and representing the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies