Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 11:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing these terms being thrown around in the media... "election hack"..." Russia hacked the election".... etc. etc. When you say "Russia hacked the election", that implies that somehow how the vote totals or machines or registration rolls were tampered with in a way that affacted the outcome of the election. There is no evidence that anything like this took place, as even President Obama has said, but that won't stop gullible people from believing it when they hear this crap on TV.

At best, this is a gross but innocent mischaracterization, at worst, it's a deliberate ploy in a misinformation campaign designed to confuse the American people about what really happened by conflating the DNC hacks with the actual election in an effort to delegitimize the outcome.

This shouldn't be a controversial statement to anyone who still values honesty and truth, no matter which side you are on.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 12-18-2016 at 12:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 12:00 AM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I keep hearing these terms being thrown around in the media... "election hack"..." Russia hacked the election".... etc. etc. When you say "Russia hacked the election", that implies that somehow how the vote totals or machines or registration rolls were tampered with in a way that affacted the outcome of the election. There is no evidence that anything like this took place, as even President Obama has said, but that won't stop gullible people from believing it when they hear this crap on TV.

At best, this is a gross but innocent mischaracterization, at worst, it's a deliberate conflation of the DNC hacks and the election as part of a misinformation campaign designed to confuse people about what really happened and delegitimize the results.

This should be agreed on by anyone who still values honesty and truth, no matter which side you are on.
Like the gullible who believed fake news which was called pizzagate. He brought a gun and could have killed innocent people.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:01 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Of course. It's a made up talking point. They talk about Russian hacking affecting the election when what happened is someone who might be the Russians simply exposed material that Hillary illegally saved on an unsecured server.

Why don't they mention that anymore?

Hillary is not out of the woods yet. If they **** off Trump enough he may just assign a special investigator/prosecuter to go after her corrupt ass.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:26 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Hillary is not out of the woods yet. If they **** off Trump enough he may just assign a special investigator/prosecuter to go after her corrupt ass.
And somehow you think that its a great idea that our prosecution of someone depends on if the President is angry at them?

Whats wrong with you? Thats a HORRIBLE idea. You folks are cheering on the idea of turning our country into some third world banana republic!

So much disgust.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Like the gullible who believed fake news which was called pizzagate. He brought a gun and could have killed innocent people.
(*sigh*)

Please don't derail the thread the first post in......

Do you agree with the original post or not? If not, why?

Old 12-18-2016, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Of course. It's a made up talking point. They talk about Russian hacking affecting the election when what happened is someone who might be the Russians simply exposed material that Hillary illegally saved on an unsecured server.
You're conflating the DNC hacks with Hillary's unsecure server. Two seperate things.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:34 AM

Thread derailed in record time.....

I guess it's impossible to have a discussion about anything political these days. People are too tribal and have too short of attention spans. Right, wrong, truth, and facts are all relative, determined by which candidate you supported.

Alas. I tried......

Old 12-18-2016, 12:38 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Thread derailed in record time.....

I guess it's impossible to have a discussion about anything political these days. People are too tribal and have too short of attention spans. Right, wrong, truth, and facts are all relative, determined by which candidate you supported.

Alas. I tried......
Well I'd like to say, you at least presented facts. But I think the "hacked the election" is probably used simply because its easier then trying to explain the whole thing. You are right in that thats not correct though. They hacked peoples emails, then spread that around. Beyond that I haven't heard any additional accusations.

And the emails weren't even all that bad. I might have to try podestos recipe though.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well I'd like to say, you at least presented facts. But I think the "hacked the election" is probably used simply because its easier then trying to explain the whole thing. You are right in that thats not correct though. They hacked peoples emails, then spread that around. Beyond that I haven't heard any additional accusations.

And the emails weren't even all that bad. I might have to try podestos recipe though.
"Hacked the DNC" would be adequate and 100% accurate.

Most people who are mischaracterizing this likely have no nefarious intentions, but even if they don't, it's irresponsible.

Talk about undermining faith in our elections, this is a good way to do it.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:37 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
"Hacked the DNC" would be adequate and 100% accurate.

Most people who are mischaracterizing this likely have no nefarious intentions, but even if they don't, it's irresponsible.

Talk about undermining faith in our elections, this is a good way to do it.
I know. This false narrative is far more damaging to our nation and its elections than the hacking of some political party idiot's email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies