Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 05:32 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times

Advertisements

Don't forget. President Obama just commented on the inexorable browning of America. So, does it get rebalanced once caucasians are in the minority. That is just the thing about one man, one vote, majority rules mentality. It truly is not fair, nor permanent. A Democratic Republic as we were conceived as and founded as balances everything out. Once you start with the majority rules nonsense, then the pooch takes it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Not to mention that white people have more representation. If anything, racial and ethnic minorities should be given equal representation. Eliminating the electoral college will do just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 05:35 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
They will down to three days a week within 24 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
I think the NYT is self destructing......

People have already cancelled subscriptions and readership is down.

They are reduced to leasing out eight floors in their building to generate income.

So, since their fake news is not selling, they are trying to sell provocative news to cater to the bubble dwellers.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:48 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Don't forget. President Obama just commented on the inexorable browning of America. So, does it get rebalanced once caucasians are in the minority. That is just the thing about one man, one vote, majority rules mentality. It truly is not fair, nor permanent. A Democratic Republic as we were conceived as and founded as balances everything out. Once you start with the majority rules nonsense, then the pooch takes it.
It doesn't matter. The EC is in White America's favor given that they are more dispersed geographically, so even if whites will become the minority, they will still have the EC advantage.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
We should call the end to NY Times.
They are self destructing on their own.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:51 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It doesn't matter. The EC is in White America's favor given that they are more dispersed geographically, so even if whites will become the minority, they will still have the EC advantage.
Just want to point out that no one forces non-whites to cluster in urban areas...

Old 12-20-2016, 05:53 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
This is one reason I didn't vote. When the rubber meets the road it is a waste of my time. The electoral college can subvert the will of the people. I think both candidates were equally worthless too.

American "democracy" is an utter freaking joke.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:56 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This is one reason I didn't vote. When the rubber meets the road it is a waste of my time. The electoral college can subvert the will of the people. I think both candidates were equally worthless too.

American "democracy" is an utter freaking joke.
Um, we are not a democracy, sir.

We are a representative republic, federally. You experience democracy within your own state when the majority vote.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:59 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You lefties aren't very bright it's possible under a revised EC system Hillary would have lost even worse.

Right now the Dems get all of the electoral votes from California and NY every election. That's a 79 point boost right before the election even happens.
The election is rigged, take NY and CA out of the electoral college LOL.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:11 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
I say we go back to the good ole days when state legislatures decided to whom the electors would be granted! if your state is "red" (republican majority legislature) then the electors are given to the GOP candidate. Would make local elections A LOT more important!
Bad idea. I've voted for a mix of Republicans and Democrats. I'd hate to have to choose a party over the best candidate.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:49 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Who's calling for the end of The NY Times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies